Module Translation

Hi All

I'm more than likely missing something here, but it seems that one is unable to translate their module using language packs distributed with the module itself - say, in a lang directory.

Is this possible? If not, how can I translate my module so that it's ready in the set language of the user?

Languages are defined in a per installation basis (name and label are free to choose), therefore you cannot set your module automatically to the users language. The only fixed language is the default one, which could also be translated to something other than english. The only option you have is providing the translation .json files, so the users can install them by themselves (or automating this step with asking for the languages in which certain translations should be put).

Also please look in the forums before asking, there where certainly other threads about handling module translations before.

link = https :// www.google.com/ search?q=site:processwire.com/talk+-%22Viewing+Profile%22+module+translation

gives me back way too many results, but it gives me :)

post-1041-0-69724000-1430167703_thumb.pn

Not sure, - do you already know these:

• Like 1