Module: Leaflet Map

Mats

On 10.1.2018 at 3:32 AM, gebeer said:

You'd need a hidden field in the form, e.g. _js_geocode_raw that gets populated from the JS (just like the address field gets populated now) and then on save sends that value and stores it to the DB. You'd need to add that to the set method in LeafletMapMarker.php.

Ok, I'll give it a try on the weekend again. I really want to achieve correct address values so the users cannot mess-up text fields used for json+ld.

On 1/13/2018 at 8:08 AM, patman said:

@BrendonKoz Should I make a pull request to your code or to the original one?

Congratulations on your success. If you're going to make a pull request I'd make it to the original Fieldtype module as that was the only reason I had forked the original module's code to begin with - to have workable code to store the raw return data, and offer a possible pull request.

I made my cleanup and pushed it to github: https://github.com/madebymats/FieldtypeLeafletMapMarker/compare/PW3...patman15:PW3

There is most probably still an issue with the default value, as I could not figure out how this works in the available time. Nevertheless, that has no real impact. I would be happy if some one could have a look and give feedback and/or test the version. I also added the new DB schema to allow for automatic updates. A smoke test went successfully. I'll wait for some feedback and make then the pull request.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2018 at 2:16 PM, patman said:

I made my cleanup and pushed it to github: https://github.com/madebymats/FieldtypeLeafletMapMarker/compare/PW3...patman15:PW3

There is most probably still an issue with the default value, as I could not figure out how this works in the available time. Nevertheless, that has no real impact. I would be happy if some one could have a look and give feedback and/or test the version. I also added the new DB schema to allow for automatic updates. A smoke test went successfully. I'll wait for some feedback and make then the pull request.

I took a look at it. This is not the same thing that I was trying to accomplish (not that it has to be). These alterations don't use the Google geocoder's returned JSON data, it uses OpenStreetMap. I don't remember how, but I do remember I was able to get the JSON results of the OpenStreetMap geocoded data without any modifications to the module. What I was unable to get was the same values (100% of the time) from Google's geocoder, which contains more information (and often, I've found, more properly formatted and correct) than the OpenStreetMaps version. Because the found addresses for PLACES don't always match ("NYS Public Library" might not list a street address on OpenStreetMap, but Google will include everything), doing a manual lookup with Google's geocoder after-the-fact won't work 100% of the time. (Those were some of my reasons anyway.)

As for code:

1. When changing a version number that has companion modules you'd probably want them all to match. Just a suggestion for any future possible patches. :)
  2. LeafletMapMarker.php around line 62:
} else if($key == 'raw') {
    $value = $value;
}

At first I did that too in my version (I think I removed it in my repo, maybe not) but that's just unnecessary. ;) Still looking through the rest as like I said, I don't fully grasp FieldtypeModule code.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll fix a few things

On 24.1.2018 at 10:53 PM, BrendonKoz said:

I took a look at it. This is not the same thing that I was trying to accomplish (not that it has to be). These alterations don't use the Google geocoder's returned JSON data, it uses OpenStreetMap.

Well, it is actually the purpose of this module not to use Google API. The description says

This is a port of the Map Marker Fieldtype by Ryan Cramer. Instead of Google maps it uses Leaflet maps.

So if you want to use Google you actually forked the wrong module maybe you should take a look at https://modules.processwire.com/modules/fieldtype-map-marker/

If you want the same modifications can for sure be also done there.

The purpose of the module is to provide a way to display Leaflet Maps. Leaflet =/= OpenStreetMap. Leaflet is a map display library whereas OpenStreetMaps is the actual map layer data source. OSM can be displayed using Leaflet (popular), OpenLayers, or even Google's map library, so I don't know (for sure) if the purpose of the module was specifically to avoid using Google's technology behind the scenes (which it does anyway as is evidenced from previous discussions of the code). I prefer OpenStreetMaps' imagery and ToS, but prefer Google's geocoder. Like I said though, your fork of the code is your own -- it did not have to follow my personal ideas. :)

I just upgraded a site to the latest version of this module and ran into some problems.

When I tried to upgrade the module via the ProcessWireUpgrade module, it showed a Fatal error.  I think it was WireData class undefined (Can't remember exactly).  It kept saying it was on a the 2.x version instead of the 3.x version.  So then I proceeded to just download it from github.  After I did that, the error went away.

Now on one page the leaflet map loads on the frontend, but it doesn't load any pins on the map like it did before.

Here is the error in Chrome's console:

errors.thumb.jpg.e96ec688aee3430b7e36a63194062533.jpg

On another frontend page the map doesn't load at all and I see this error in the console:

error2.jpg.c6a3a2d9feb40ee523ca158564fc8c4e.jpg

If I edit the page, I see the following error "WireDatabasePDO: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'field_cleanup_location.raw' in 'field list'".  So I checked the table "field_cleanup_location" and it was missing a "raw" column.  So maybe the update script didn't run correctly?

PW 3.0.90, Google Chrome-Mac, I also refreshed the modules page and cleared the compiled files.

Anybody have any ideas?

The upgrade schema errors should now be fixed now.

I did see another problem.  It looks like when you output a map on the frontend, it includes both leaflet 0.7.3 and leaflet 0.7.7 css and javascript files from unpkyg.com.  I pretty sure this could cause problems.

In MarkupLeafletMap.module init() line 109... If I comment out the following lines:

$this->config->styles->add('https://unpkg.com/leaflet@0.7.3/dist/leaflet.css');
        $this->config->styles->add($assetPath . "assets/leaflet-markercluster/MarkerCluster.css");
        $this->config->styles->add($assetPath . "assets/leaflet-markercluster/MarkerCluster.Default.css");
        $this->config->scripts->add('https://unpkg.com/leaflet@0.7.3/dist/leaflet.js');
        $this->config->scripts->add($assetPath . 'assets/leaflet-markercluster/leaflet.markercluster.js');
        $this->config->scripts->add($assetPath . 'assets/leaflet-providers/leaflet-providers.js');
        $this->config->scripts->add($assetPath . 'MarkupLeafletMap.js');

then leaflet 0.7.3 no longer loads its js and css.  It will only load leaflet 0.7.7 js and css.

I wonder if those lines are really needed for anything?

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry if I am asking something stupid, but.. how can I render multiple instances of maps?

$map = wire('modules')->get('MarkupLeafletMap');
echo $map->render($page, 'map');
echo $map->render($page, 'map2');

I can get only the last one.. if I delete it than the first one is showing. 

Thx!

I would like to output the address field in the frontend. However the field contains too much information. It's automatically populated with address, road, city, state and country, sometimes even more. Is there a way to only get the basic address?

11 hours ago, uliverse said:

I would like to output the address field in the frontend. However the field contains too much information. It's automatically populated with address, road, city, state and country, sometimes even more. Is there a way to only get the basic address? 

This module is meant to give a lt/lng position of an address so we can display a marker on a map. It is not an address field type. When you set the marker on the page that you edit, it will get the address for the lat/lng that you have set in the GUI by reverse geocoding it through the Google geocoding API. This returns the long address string that you can get in your template with $page->mylocationfieldname->address.

To answer your question, there are ways to get a properly formatted address but all of them involve some work:
1. extend the module yourself to store address parts. Or read posts in this thread from here on and than use @BrendonKoz or @patman forks:

2. add fields to your template for postcode, street address, city, country. Fill them manually when you edit the page. Then you can render them in your templates. This should be the easiest way.

3. switch to the Map Marker Module which uses Google Maps and read from this post on where @adrian has extended the functionality to give you exactly what you want:

• Like 3

Thanks for your explanation. Of course, it is always an option to keep the map and the address fields separate (your option 2), but it seemed to be a better user experience to combine the two. I did try to use the original Map Marker module by Ryan. But things have become so complicated with the Google API console and somehow I can't get it to work, the geocoding won't work any longer even though I have created an API code and all... Besides, I do like the Open Street Map idea. That's why I hoped to use the Leaflet module.

@uliverse You can still use the Leaflet module and read through this thread from the link I recommended in my last post. Then have a look at how BrendonKoz and patman solved it in their forks. Seems like they have a readily available solution.

On 5/4/2018 at 2:27 PM, Tintifax said:

Sorry if I am asking something stupid, but.. how can I render multiple instances of maps?

echo $map->render($page, 'map');
echo $map->render($page, 'map2');

I can get only the last one.. if I delete it than the first one is showing. 

Thx!

any ideas? ?

31 minutes ago, Tintifax said:

any ideas? ?

I just had a quick look, I think there is a bug in the render function at the end:

$this->page->inlineScript = $inlineScript;

This would replace the page content always with the last map. Unfortunately, I was not quickly able to fix it. In my opinion adding a dot

$this->page->inlineScript .= $inlineScript;

should make it, but it didn't (at least in my quick try).

• 2 weeks later...

@uliverse - for now that option only works on the frontend not the backend.

Here is what I use:

Spoiler

$cleanupLocationMap = $map->render($page, 'cleanup_location', array(
  'height' => '300px',
  'markerIcon' => 'thumb-tack',
  'markerColour' => 'green',
  'provider' => 'OpenStreetMap.Mapnik',
  'scrollWheelZoom' => 'false',
  'markerLinkField' => ''
));

// Then I echo the $cleanupLocationMap in my template

I asked for removing the scroll in the backend already. It makes it so easy to inadvertently destroy carefully set map settings.

I hacked the module code to change that for the time being. :-)