Module: Leaflet Map

Mats

On 30/01/2017 at 2:01 PM, swampmusic said:

Does anyone know how you can populate the address field from another field on the template ? 

Eg; the title field is holding a country name, therefore would be nice if user does not need to type in country again, map just populates automagically.

Thx,

I see at least three options:

1. An auto-load module (might be an overkill though) that will copy the title to the address
  2. JavaScript via a module like RuntimeMarkup, which you could then hide from being visible on the page. Or even better, the module AdminCustomFiles
  3. Copying and modifying the Leaflet module itself to suit this need

So yes, it is possible :).

Edited by kongondo
  • Like 2

On 31/01/2017 at 3:01 AM, swampmusic said:

Does anyone know how you can populate the address field from another field on the template ?

If it's the title field you want to populate the address from, you could use a hook to set the address when a new page is added. In /site/ready.php:

$this->pages->addHookAfter('added', function($event) {
    $page = $event->arguments('page');
    if($page->template != 'my_map_template') return;
    $page->my_leaflet_map->address = $page->title;
    $page->save();
});

• Like 3

v2.8.0 is out. It's a trivial fix for a problem with the PW3 FileCompiler (it was inserting the Processwire namespace into PHP-generated js code used on the front end).

NB: The js class now used in the code is jsMarkupLeafletMap instead of MarkupLeafletMap. You may need to adjust your js code to allow for this.

I've also taken the opportunity to bump the field numbers to bring some continuity across the files.

• Like 1

Thanks @dab,

I have the big map working with this code (quite basic)

$items = $page->children;
$map = $modules->get('MarkupGoogleMap');

$content .= $map->render($items, 'map');

For the page with turtles I want to have the current turtle on that page to be visible on the map. I have made the following code:

if($page->hasChildren) {
    $results = $page->children("limit=9, sort=-created");

$pagination = $results->renderPager();

$content .= $pagination;
   $content .= renderSchildpadden($results);
    $content .= $pagination;
}

foreach ($results as $result){
    foreach ($result->verspreidingen as $verspreiding) {
    $out .= $verspreiding . "|";
    }
    }
//$item = $out;
$sidebar_bottom = $out;

$map = $modules->get('MarkupGoogleMap');

$sidebar_bottom .= $map->render($out, 'map');

The part for the sidebar_bottom gives the following error:

Error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function first() on string in /home/deb26781n3/domains/chrysemys.nl/public_html/site/modules/FieldtypeMapMarker/MarkupGoogleMap.module:209
Stack trace:
#0 /home/deb26781n3/domains/chrysemys.nl/public_html/site/templates/schildpadden.php(32): MarkupGoogleMap->render('1213|1198|1199|...', 'map')
#1 /home/deb26781n3/domains/chrysemys.nl/public_html/wire/core/TemplateFile.php(268): require('/home/deb26781n...')
#2 [internal function]: ProcessWire\TemplateFile->___render()
#3 /home/deb26781n3/domains/chrysemys.nl/public_html/wire/core/Wire.php(374): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /home/deb26781n3/domains/chrysemys.nl/public_html/wire/core/WireHooks.php(549): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___render', Array)
#5 /home/deb26781n3/domains/chrysemys.nl/public_html/wire/core/Wire.php(399): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\TemplateFile), 'render', Array)
#6 /home/deb26781n3/domains/chrysemys.nl/public_html/wire/modules/PageRender.mod (line 209 of /home/deb26781n3/domains/chrysemys.nl/public_html/site/modules/FieldtypeMapMarker/MarkupGoogleMap.module) 

This error message was shown because: you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged.

The input for the big map are the pages that contain the field 'map'.

foreach ($results as $result){ foreach ($result->verspreidingen as $verspreiding) { $out .= $verspreiding . "|"; } }

The code above produces also an array of pages that contain the field 'map'. But this time the same function strugles on this part of the code in the module:

if($options['useMarkerSettings'] && (count($pageArray) == 1 || !$lat)) {
   // single marker overrides lat, lng and zoom settings
   $marker = $pageArray->first()->get($fieldName); << this line and on first() returns the error
          $lat = $marker->lat;
   $lng = $marker->lng; 
   if($marker->zoom > 0) $zoom = (int) $marker->zoom;
}

What am I doing wrong here?

Sanne

On 02/02/2017 at 1:09 PM, kongondo said:

I see at least three options:

1. An auto-load module (might be an overkill though) that will copy the title to the address
  2. JavaScript via a module like RuntimeMarkup, which you could then hide from being visible on the page. Or even better, the module AdminCustomFiles
  3. Copying and modifying the Leaflet module itself to suit this need

So yes, it is possible :).

Thanks, went with (2), worked great.

25 minutes ago, webhoes said:

Is it possible to make this module work like a Choropleth map?

An interactive (vector based) map of all the regions in the world. The coloring should be darker as more pages (are linked) belong to a certain region.

Sanne

http://leafletjs.com/examples/choropleth/

Another awesome option for chloropleth maps is: http://datamaps.github.io/

• Like 2

I haven't used this module, so not sure how to best integrate chloropleth into it, but I am sure someone who has will chime in.

Datamaps works great with PW - no need for a module - just use the dataUrl option and point it to a PW bootstrapped php file which uses PW selectors to grab the required data (Profields Table field works great as a data source, but not necessary), populate an array, and the run json_encode on it. I would recommend starting with a manually populated json file first to make sure you have datamaps working properly, and then work on the dynamically generated file. It's not difficult, but might be a little tricky your first time.

PS Of course if your data is in a non-PW database table, you can do direct SQL queries to build up the array/json

• Like 1

@adrian, I don't fully understand the workflow (yet).

This is an example what I would really like (they have taken it a few steps beyond my initial thoughts which is even nicer).

https://theturtleroom.com/education/native-species-maps/

Can an array be populated with something pages->find() for a big map. And put the Datamaps code in the template for the big map.

I have pages with turtles and linked them to other pages that are a country/state. Can I use the same method to creat a map with this instead of google like I have now?

My working example - http://chrysemys.nl/schildpadden/trachemys-scripta-scripta/

2 minutes ago, webhoes said:

Can an array be populated with something pages->find() for a big map. And put the Datamaps code in the template for the big map.

Absolutely! 

7 minutes ago, webhoes said:

I have pages with turtles and linked them to other pages that are a country/state. Can I use the same method to creat a map with this instead of google like I have now?

Datamaps supports chloropleth and bubbles. I often use the bubbles options for the markers at various locations. You can color and size them as needed and also add a tooltip with more info. You can even add click events to trigger display of further information on the page - perhaps a chart related to turtle info at the click site.

The other great thing about datamaps is that because it outputs as SVG (via D3JS), you can manipulate the elements with css and js very easily. It really is a pleasure to work with. It also works great with AngularJS and I expect it will integrate nicely with VueJS as well (something I plan on trying soon).

You can also use your own map data rather than relying on the built-in world / country maps. You just need to convert ESRI shape files to the topojson format, which is awesome for the web. As you can tell, I am a huge fan of the datamaps library :)

Perhaps you should dive in and ask more detailed questions as they come up - probably time to start a new topic though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know how to customize the map's javascript options when displaying the map on the frontend?

I'm trying to turn the mouse scrollzoom off.

http://leafletjs.com/reference.html#map-scrollwheelzoom

Also for anybody else having trouble when using this with the TemplateEngineFactory and TemplateEngineTwig modules, I had to do the following because my map wasn't showing on the frontend.  No errors where displayed and the leaflet assets where loaded on the page.  The map just didn't get initialized without the $page->inlineScript.

In my controller.php, note how I had to add the $page->inlineScript:
$leafletHeaderLines = $map->getLeafletMapHeaderLines() . $page->inlineScript;
$view->set('leafletHeaderLines', $leafletHeaderLines );

In my view.twig
{{ leafletHeaderLines }}

Hope that helps someone.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Leaflet is working fine on test pages I made in PW 3.0.58.

Now I have 3 questions:

1. Did anyone upgrade this module to leaflet 1.0.3 ? 
  2. As a basemap with eventual layers I'm requested to use WMS ( http://geoservices.informatievlaanderen.be/raadpleegdiensten/GRB-basiskaart/wms) Does the module support wms? I tried but I'm doing something wrong it seems ..
  3. On top of that I should use either a .dbf, shx or shp file of which then I can link each row to a page in Processwire. Can this be done?

I have to get started and am hesitating whether PW will be the ideal platform to do this. So, on the first 3 points, is there anyone who could inform me?

Edited by Pretobrazza
For clarity

@Pretobrazza trying to answer your questions:

1. As stated in the MarkupLeaflet.module file, you are required to add the link to leaflet.js yourself. You can change the version to 1.0.3. Then you also have to change the link to the leaflet css in the same file line 106.
If you decide to use the getLeafletMapHeaderLines method for injecting JS and CSS then you need to change lines  168 and 173.

2. This module does not support wms layers out of the box. You would need to expand the JS logic to use them. Over at leafletjs.com they have a tutorial on how to implement wms layers.
The relevant code section in the module can be found in MarkupLeafletMap.js line 47. Following the tutorial on leaflet.js you might have to alter some other code in that file, too.

3. There is a shapefile plugin for leaflet.js that you could use to draw layers from your shape file. You can use the PW API and some PHP logic to create that shape file from the data in your pages, but I'm afraid this goes beyond the scope of this thread.

This module is designed to draw markers of locations on a map where you can choose different map tile providers and assign custom fontawesome icons to your markers.

All in all I think ProcessWire fits the job very well. But you might be better off just using the inputfield from this module on your pages to input the location data. And then setup the map rendering from scratch in your template file rather then using the render method that MarkupLeaflet.module provides. This should be easier than tweaking the render logic that this module provides.

I can definitly encourage you trying to do this with PW and leaflet.js.

• Like 3

On 9/4/2017 at 2:20 PM, gebeer said:

1. As stated in the MarkupLeaflet.module file, you are required to add the link to leaflet.js yourself. You can change the version to 1.0.3. Then you also have to change the link to the leaflet css in the same file line 106.
If you decide to use the getLeafletMapHeaderLines method for injecting JS and CSS then you need to change lines  168 and 173.

@gebeer

Thank you for all the info! I already prepared long reply but I first want to sort out a little problem I'm having when going to v 1.0.3. The admin side works perfectly but on the front-end the map remains blank and an error is being thrown. In the console I read:

Uncaught TypeError: L.MarkerClusterGroup is not a constructor at new jsMarkupLeafletMap (MarkupLeafletMap.js:54)  -->

var markers = new L.MarkerClusterGroup({polygonOptions: {color: 'teal', weight: 1, opacity: .39, lineJoin: 'round'}});
    var marker = '';

When I cancel out these 2 lines the map shows up but obviously without the markers.

Did anyone encounter the same problem?

ProcessWire 3.0.58  -

I think I tried a quick test not to long ago to update the external libraries, and I believe I ran into the problem with the map not showing and javascript errors displayed in the console.  I haven't had any time to investigate further.

@Pretobrazza I just installed latest version of this module on PW 3.0.47

I updated the getLeafletMapHeaderLines method for injecting JS and CSS then lines  168 and 173 to load @1.0.3.

Then I got a JS error about the MarkerCluster.

I updated all 3 files in the module's assets/leaflet-markercluster/ folder to the latest 1.0.4 versions. You can find them here: https://github.com/Leaflet/Leaflet.markercluster/tree/v1.0.4/dist

After that the map is showing up fine with no errors.

Pls let us know how it goes for you.

• Like 1

Does anyone has tried to show a Leaflet map inside a UIKit modal? The problem is that the map will not be rendered properly.

Screenshot_1.jpg.240c0365f46335f89b596408ff21499f.jpg

I have searched the web but didnt found a working solution. The only one that I have found was https://yootheme.com/support/question/80769 but I cannot adapt it to get it work.

Maybe someone had the same problem and found a working solution.

Best regards