Save actions redirecting to home page

Mike Rockett

Hi all :)

Seems I've bumped into an issue where, if I save a page or update a module, I'm redirected back to the home page (frontend).

I was using 2.5.23-dev, and thought that an update to 2.5.27-dev would fix it, but no luck. No errors showing up in any logs either.

The following modules are installed on the site:

1. AIOM
  2. Diagnostics
  3. Map Marker
  4. Data Tables
  5. Maintenance Mode
  6. SEO
  7. Modules Manager
  8. Jumplinks
  9. Upgrades
  10. Template Notes

Upon inspection, module/download/ is sending a 302 redirect to /.

Interestingly, the inspector says that the following form data was sent to module/download/:

1. godownload:
    Download and Update (0.0.4)

which is the text for the button (was trying to upgrade the Upgrades module).

I assume that is the problem?

Update: This doesn't happen with every page, however. If I save the home page, I get redirected back to the home page. If I save the "certification" page, I get redirected to the home page. If I save the "donate" page, however, then it saves and reloads.

Edited by Mike Anthony
  • Like 1

Okay, so I've just downloaded the installation from the production server to see if the same thing would happen locally. It doesn't.

I can't really figure out what's wrong here. The file and folder permissions are set properly, and everything was working about a month ago.

Any clues?

Mmm, it seems it's working now, with no intervention on my end. Module upgrades are not working (even after manually upgrading ProcessWireUpgrade), but saving pages is working. The form data being sent (as mentioned before) is actually correct (surprisingly), as it works locally.

I'm going to try a few things, such as re-installing the site on the server (via FTP, usual method) or, if that doesn't work, I'll do a profile export to a fresh installation. If all fails, then I'll get in touch with my host.

By far, this is the weirdest thing to have happened to me... I'm almost convinced that it isn't a PW problem.

• 3 weeks later...

So my host doesn't know what's going on, and I have done a fresh install, the same way I do it for my other sites with the same host.

The only way I could update modules was by going to New and entering the class name.

Side note: Also been having issues today trying to upgrade a site to 2.6, and it seems the server that the site lives on is quite popular, and so the download breaks. Definitely thinking about changing hosts.

• 1 month later...

It appears that this is now happening on another site as well.

If I try to update a module, the browser navigates to admin/module/download/ and the home page is displayed.

Request Header:

POST /admin/module/download/ HTTP/1.1
Host: <redacted>
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 103
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8
Origin: http://<redacted>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/44.0.2358.0 Safari/537.36
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
DNT: 1
Referer: http://<redacted>/admin/module/?update=VersionControl
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Accept-Language: en-GB,en-US;q=0.8,en;q=0.6
Cookie: WireTabs=tab_new_modules; modules_section1=; modules_section2=; modules_section3=; modules_section4=; wire=3ddcf3e516910183700aed4d8dd7d5e8; wire_challenge=lKTmEV1SH83NgceBpBytCpSOUKuitA8Q 

Response Header:

HTTP/1.1 404 Page Not Found
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 14:10:52 GMT
Server: Apache
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Vary: Accept-Encoding,User-Agent
Content-Encoding: gzip
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
Content-Length: 1868
Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=95
Connection: Keep-Alive
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 

What could be causing this? It's really so unusual...