Modules: Module ProcessPageEditImageSelect failed init

jeve

Hello
I have a strange issue

When an user (not admin) try to insert an image on page via CKeditor or TinyMCE editor poup, he get an error:

Modules: Module ProcessPageEditImageSelect failed init - You do not have access to images on this page

Any ideas?

Thanks very much

piero

post-2525-0-46281500-1429698052_thumb.jp

Then we'll need some more information. Is this a image saved on the same page as the textarea you're editing is on? Which ProcessWire version are you using? Do you have any image related modules installed? Can you give a slightly more detailed explanation how you're getting to that error?

thank you LostKobrakai, let me explain

- pw version is the 2.5.3 upgraded from 2.4
- the message appears on 2.4 installation too
- there are no other image modules installed
- the image selected is saved on the same page with images filed

how to get the error

- open the page
- click on the image icon of the CKeditor
- the images saved on the page appears withou error
- click an image and appear the message
- is still possible to click on the "inser image" button and the image is correctly saved into the field

• 1 year later...

Hi,
I hope that is a good thread to place my problem as well:

I'm using the latest version of PW 3.0.22
My project has a home-page with an repeater-field. That repeater has an image-field.

My problem is: I'm not able to figure out, how to allow an editor-user (a non supereuser) to edit/crop images. By clicking the 'Crop'-Button, I get two errors:

Modules: Failed to init module: ProcessPageEditImageSelect - You do not have access to images on this page
ProcessWire: You do not have access to edit images on this page.

When I click the 'Variations'-Button, I get a stack trace, starting with:

ProcessWire: ProcessPageEditImageSelect: Page is not editable
DEBUG MODE BACKTRACE ($config->debug == true):
#0 [internal function]: ProcessWire\ProcessPageEditImageSelect->___executeVariations()

I have checked the rights for the user, the page-template, for the repeater-field and my picture-field (type: images). They all have view and edit rights.

I could find the two exceptions in the code (Line: 175, 542 and 1181) - but I'm pretty new to PW:
https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/blob/master/wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEditImageSelect/ProcessPageEditImageSelect.module

If I put out the page-Id (pid:1083) - and use Page/Find, I can see, that obviously the 'Blank'-Page or template used by the repeater would needs the rights.

Modules: Failed to init module: ProcessPageEditImageSelect - You do not have access to images on this page -- pid:1083; uid:1056

If I edit one of these 'Blank'-repeater elements, I can see that it is using the 'repeater_masterheadCarousel':

So, has anyone any suggestions, what would help here. I don't want to give superuser rights to an editor, just for resizing images.

Thanks a lot
Tiak

scr1.png

scr2.png

Oh well, I was so close to the solution:

As I said, it was my 'repeater_masterheadCarousel' - template!, which needs view and edit rights - not (only) the field: 'masterheadCarousel'. But this is an system-template, so you have to turn on, the option in the Setup/Templates: Filters / 'Show system templates?' Yes!

Hope it helps someone else .

Tiak

scr3.png

• Like 1