Map Marker Map

ryan

Thanks. I installed it now on a live server, but now I get still no infos at all, and in addition:

Error: Call to a member function render() on a non-object (line 19 of /home/foo/public_html/site/templates/map.php) 

line 19 = echo $map->render($page, 'map'); // straight from the Module docs / example

Also, in page edit mode, I still see "Geocode OFF" below the map - or "N/A".

To add to all these oddities, the address never gets saved. When I re-edit the page, the address is gone.

PW 2.3.8, Google Chrome, PHP 5.4.12

• 2 weeks later...

The "Geocode OFF" text is what is shown when the checkbox between address and lat/lng is not checked–make sure you've got that checked, unless you want to manually input your own lat/lng coordinates. 

Ryan I just pushed a change to the inputMapMarker.js file on github that solves this problem.

Added this inside the InputFieldMarker function:

// added by diogo to solve the problem of maps not rendering correctly in hidden elements
// trigger a resize on the map when either the tab button or the toggle field bar are pressed
$(document).ready(function() {

// get the tab element where this map is integrated
    $tab = $('#_' + $(map.b).closest('.InputfieldFieldsetTabOpen').attr('id'));
    // get the inputfield where this map is integrated and add the tab to the stack
    $inputFields = $(map.b).closest('.Inputfield').find('.InputfieldStateToggle').add($tab);

$inputFields.on('click',function(){
        // give it time to open
        window.setTimeout(function(){
            google.maps.event.trigger(map,'resize');
        }, 200);
    });
});

I had to put it inside the function, to have the "map" variable in scope. I'm not sure how we could move it outside the function if you don't like it that way.

Also, the 200 value on the setTimeout works for me (it works above 120 but I set it to 200 to be on the safe side), but we can decide on a safer value depending on other's tests.

I am trying to use Zurb Foundation Reveal modal dialog to show the map with some other information. I have the problem that the map is not loaded correctly, only showing part of the map in the upper left corner with gray background on the leftover part of the map. Could it be related to this problem discussed here and how could I fix this?

post-442-0-28103400-1388096079_thumb.jpg

Google Maps doesn't like being initially hidden. It will produce the effect you see in your screenshot. The solution would be to initialize the map at the time you intend to show it (like after the reveal modal opens). An alternative would be to trigger an event on the map, telling it to redraw when shown. Credits to diogo for figuring this one out, as it's the solution we implemented in the InputfieldMapMarker for when a map is on a tab. For Zurb Foundation reveal, you'd do something like this below. The "mgmap1" is the map from MarkupGoogleMap module, so you may need to change that according to your map name, etc. The setTimeout() below may not be necessary, or you may be able to reduce the delay from 250 down to 100 or something. 

$(document).on('opened', '[data-reveal]', function () {
  setTimeout(function() {
    google.maps.event.trigger(mgmap1, 'resize'); 
    mgmap1.map.setCenter(mgmap1.options.center);
  }, 250);  
}); 
  • Like 2

Thanks Ryan! I tried this, but can't get the map to resize. 

I have the code just as yours above.

My map div is called mgmap1 and if I put an alert("OK"); after the setCenter line, I get that alert triggered, but the map is not resized. 

I'll send you a private message of the page, if you can check why my code doesn't work?

Lpa: I looked at your map, and you've got a Javscript error occuring related to magnificPopup. That error is occurring before the map resize gets to occur (due to the setTimeout), so it is effectively preventing the JS code from running. If you can resolve the JS error you are getting, my guess is it would start working. 

Thanks Soma! That is another problem that I had noticed but not tried to fix yet. My problem is still the one I wrote about in #156. The map doesn't resize and Ryan's example JS code doesn't fix it properly. Maybe it's something to do with loading the  content of the Foundation Reveal Modal with Ajax. 

Hello all,

I would like to add a standard Gmaps info window (the white balloon type with shadow) to my marker.

I have a single marker on the map and use standard $map->render function.

From the Gmaps API documentation about info windows I see that I somehow have to add something like

var infowindow = new google.maps.InfoWindow({
      content: contentString
  });

How would I go about that, can I create something like a hook event to extend the standard render function from the module or can I just add a piece of JS to the page?

Any enlightenment would be much appreciated.

Cheers

gerhard

In the MarkupGoogleMap.js you need to add the some code from the example you link @ https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/infowindow-simple

You also might want to display different data from a page and wil need to modify the MarkupGoogleMap.module foreach loop and add custom fields to your template page.

I've created a 2 fields called map_location_name and phone_number

//Edit the MarkupGoogleMap.module  $out variable

foreach($pageArray as $page) {
$marker = $page->get($fieldName); 
if(!$marker instanceof MapMarker) continue; 
if(!$marker->lat) continue; 
$url = $options['markerLinkField'] ? $page->get($options['markerLinkField']) : '';
$title = $options['markerTitleField'] ? $page->get($options['markerTitleField']) : ''; 
$map_location_name = $page->map_location_name ? $page->map_location_name  : '';
$phone_number = $page->phone_number ? $page->phone_number  : '';
$out .= "$id.addMarker($marker->lat, $marker->lng, '$url', '$title', '','$map_location_name','$phone_number'); ";
}
if(this.hoverBox){ //right above this line add the code below in MarkupGoogleMap.js
var contentString = '<div class=\"chapter-bubble\">' + 
                    '<div class=\"chapter-bubble-title\">' + title + '</div>' +
                    '<div class=\"chapter-bubble-name\">' + map_name + '</div>' +
                    '<div class=\"chapter-bubble-number\">' + map_number + "</div>" +
                    '<div class=\"chapter-bubble-url\">' + '<a href=\"' + url + '\">Visit Chapter Site</a></div>';
      var infowindow = new google.maps.InfoWindow({ content: contentString });
      google.maps.event.addListener(marker, 'click', function() { infowindow.open(this.map,marker); }); 
this.addMarker = function(lat, lng, url, title, icon, map_name, map_number) { //you'll need to add addition arguments to this line as well.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I must be blind, but I can find no way how to delete or unset the map, once I've added it. Neither setting the latitude and longitude to 0 nor deleting the field "Adress" works for me. Everytime I click save lat and long reappear and I can still see the map???   

post-889-0-61597700-1389970353_thumb.jpg

Can yo help?

Uncheck the box to the left of latitude, then delete the latitude and longitude (make them blank). Save. Following that it should return to the default/unset location specified in the field settings. 

Uncheck the box to the left of latitude, then delete the latitude and longitude (make them blank). Save. Following that it should return to the default/unset location specified in the field settings. 

Hey Ryan,

thx for replying, but that way doesn't work for me ?!? After saving the old coordinates reappear and I can still see the map on frontend.

The top save button has had some issues actually saving any changes in some web browsers on older versions of PW. Everything should be fixed in recent dev versions, but if you don't want to upgrade, try using the save button at the bottom of the page and see if that works.

The top save button has had some issues actually saving any changes in some web browsers on older versions of PW. Everything should be fixed in recent dev versions, but if you don't want to upgrade, try using the save button at the bottom of the page and see if that works.

Tried both: A different browser (Chrome and FF latest ver.) and both "Save" buttons ;(  Nothing worked for me... I'm using PW Ver. 2.3 with teflon admintheme http://modules.processwire.com/modules/teflon/

Any other ideas?

I just tested and it seems to work fine at my end too. If you're comfortable in PHPMyAdmin you could delete the entry from the field_geo_address table. It would be great to figure out why it's not working for you. But if you need this quickly, it might be the simplest way for now.

I just tested and it seems to work fine at my end too. If you're comfortable in PHPMyAdmin you could delete the entry from the field_geo_address table. It would be great to figure out why it's not working for you. But if you need this quickly, it might be the simplest way for now.

Of course this would be the simplest way to get rid of it, but I wonder, why I can#t delete it the regular way.

When installing MapMarkerFieldtype I've had some problems, because PHP-allow_url_fopen and PHP-allow_url_include where switched off an the server. After activating them, it seemed to work for me, but I still get an errormessage, when I try to open  the field settings.

post-889-0-82360200-1390493038_thumb.jpg

Perhaps my saving problem is in relationship to the hassle while installing the field?!

Double check that you are running the latest version of the MapMarker Fieldtype. Go to your map field settings (Setup > Fields) and see if you've got default coordinates defined. Hit save on this page, just to make sure everything is committed to the DB (perhaps something was left out before). Now try editing your page again to see if you can delete the coordinates. If you are still getting an error message, try switching out two things just for testing purpose: try it in Chrome (rather than FF), and try using the default admin theme. I suspect it's not the admin theme, but just good to rule things out. Lastly, if you aren't on the dev branch, try switching to it. Please let me know if you find any of these to change or resolve the issue. However, the actual error message you got about being unable to geocode the address seems to indicate that it still can't connect to Google for one reason or another.. but that would probably be an issue separate from being able to delete the coordinates. Still, you may want to double check from a phpinfo(); that allow_url_fopen really is active in your PHP (you do not need to enable allow_url_include, nor do I recommend it).