Map Marker Map

ryan

OK, guys.

I've tried to manually execute field creating SQL and what does MySQL said:

"#1214 - The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes"

All of this because of updateDatabaseSchema function in module. You just have to comment it out (I mean "$this->updateDatabaseSchema($field, $schema);" row in getDatabaseSchema)

Hope I helped to someone :)

P.S. Ryan, I think you should reupload new module version with this bug fixed.

Search tags: Table doesn't exist, mapmarker, new field

Sorry about that guys. It turns out that it was trying to execute a query to update the schema of the DB table, before the table existed. The exception interrupted the creation of the field in the DB. I've fixed the issue and posted an update. This applies to new MapMarker fields only, no problem with existing fields (which is why I hadn't noticed). This update should also enable you to delete any fields you created that had this error (you'll want to delete it and re-create it, since it doesn't have a table).  

Regarding the "ENGINE=MYISAM" statement, that should already be getting added by the base Fieldtype.php. In your case, it probably didn't because the field creation process was getting interrupted. But I did double check to be sure:

echo "<pre>";
$ft = $modules->get('FieldtypeMapMarker')
print_r($ft->getDatabaseSchema($fields->get('map'))); 

results in:

Array
(
    [pages_id] => int UNSIGNED NOT NULL
    [data] => VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
    [keys] => Array
        (
            [primary] => PRIMARY KEY (`pages_id`)
            [data] => FULLTEXT KEY `data` (`data`)
            [latlng] => KEY latlng (lat, lng)
            [zoom] => KEY zoom (zoom)
        )
    [xtra] => ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
    [lat] => FLOAT(10,6) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0
    [lng] => FLOAT(10,6) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0
    [status] => TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0
    [zoom] => TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0
)

Please let me know if you are getting a different result or still needing to specify the engine separately?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

after installing the module and while I tried to add a field I got this error:

MapMarker: Error geocoding address

Then I assumed the field to my basic-template but when I try to save the page I got this error again and the coordinates aren't saved.

I tried to search for this issue but didn't found anything, but the code where the error comes from:

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/FieldtypeMapMarker/blob/master/MapMarker.php#L84

I'm using PW Ver. 2.3.0. and the latest Version of this module.

Any ideas?

Greets, Jens alias DV-JF 

What address are you attempting to geocode? MapMarker does both server-side and client-side geocoding. When you type something into the address, click anywhere else (outside of the field) and the Javascript geocoder should populate the latitude/longitude. If that is successful, it won't attempt to use the server-side geocoder when you save. You can disable geocoding by checking the box that exists between the address and lat/lng fields. If you only enter latitude/longitude values (whether entering the values directly or dragging the map marker pin), then it will attempt a reverse-geocode, which means it will attempt to find the street address for the coordinates. If you are dealing with an address (or coordinates) that Google Maps doesn't recognize, you may just want to disable the geocoder by unchecking the box. But I get the impression that neither the JS or server-side geocoder is working in your case, and that perhaps Google's geocoding service is blocked for you or something?

What address are you attempting to geocode? MapMarker does both server-side and client-side geocoding. When you type something into the address, click anywhere else (outside of the field) and the Javascript geocoder should populate the latitude/longitude.

I can't see any map. After entering a correct cityname and click outside the field nothing happens. Lat and long are blank.

But I get the impression that neither the JS or server-side geocoder is working in your case, and that perhaps Google's geocoding service is blocked for you or something?

That where my thoughts, too, so I checked via chrome if the gmaps  api is working: When I'm open the url to edit the field it there are four requests - all seems to be loaded correctly :

Request URL:http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false
Request Method:GET
Status Code:200 OK
Request URL:http://maps.gstatic.com/intl/de_de/mapfiles/api-3/14/1/main.js
Status Code:200 OK
Request URL:http://maps.gstatic.com/cat_js/intl/de_de/mapfiles/api-3/14/1/{common,util,stats}.js
Status Code:200 
http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js/AuthenticationService.Authenticate?1shttp://example.com/verwaltung/setup/field/edit?id=112&5e1&callback=_xdc_._opu9sd&token=49333
Status Code:200

No Scripts are blocked, tested it on different browsers. Same problem when I enter the lat and long by hand.

Is your map field in a tab other than "content"? This is the same as having the map field collapsed. The Map needs to appear on the main "content" tab. I'm not really sure why, but Google Maps doesn't like being hidden when the page renders. 

No, here's a screenshot of how it looks, when I try to save the field...

Attached Thumbnails

There is not supposed to be a map on the screenshot you posted. I'm not sure if that's where you are looking for one to appear, but wanted to mention it just in case. Where you will see a map is in your page editor. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ryan I just pushed a change to the inputMapMarker.js file on github that solves this problem.

Added this inside the InputFieldMarker function:

// added by diogo to solve the problem of maps not rendering correctly in hidden elements
// trigger a resize on the map when either the tab button or the toggle field bar are pressed
$(document).ready(function() {

// get the tab element where this map is integrated
    $tab = $('#_' + $(map.b).closest('.InputfieldFieldsetTabOpen').attr('id'));
    // get the inputfield where this map is integrated and add the tab to the stack
    $inputFields = $(map.b).closest('.Inputfield').find('.InputfieldStateToggle').add($tab);

$inputFields.on('click',function(){
        // give it time to open
        window.setTimeout(function(){
            google.maps.event.trigger(map,'resize');
        }, 200);
    });
});

I had to put it inside the function, to have the "map" variable in scope. I'm not sure how we could move it outside the function if you don't like it that way.

Also, the 200 value on the setTimeout works for me (it works above 120 but I set it to 200 to be on the safe side), but we can decide on a safer value depending on other's tests.

• Like 3

In hind sight, I'm looking to use this module to get the lat and longs of some address for later display in a map.

However, I have already created the address with just simple text fields like this:

address1

address2

town <- page select

county <-page select (although not needed now as towns are linked to their counties)

PostCode

The user does update these fields through the backend, but a front end template.

Firstly, I'm guess that because of this, it will have to do server side processing ad conversion of the address.

Secondly, I can't change my field types now to map marker type.

I think, in it's simplest terms, I need to get it to take all the address fields, bash them together, process them and then turn them to lat longs.

What's the easier way to do this please.

I'm fairly new and learning....

In hind sight, I'm looking to use this module to get the lat and longs of some address for later display in a map.

However, I have already created the address with just simple text fields like this:

address1

address2

town <- page select

county <-page select (although not needed now as towns are linked to their counties)

PostCode

The user does update these fields through the backend, but a front end template.

Firstly, I'm guess that because of this, it will have to do server side processing ad conversion of the address.

Secondly, I can't change my field types now to map marker type.

I think, in it's simplest terms, I need to get it to take all the address fields, bash them together, process them and then turn them to lat longs.

What's the easier way to do this please.

I'm fairly new and learning....

I've solved this, but i'm sure not in the most efficient way.

I've added an additional field to the template called marker and when the address is posted to the original address fields, i get php to bash them together and also post them to the map marker field like this:

$postcode = $sanitizer->text($input->post->postcode);
 $telephone = $sanitizer->text($input->post->telephone);
 $date = $sanitizer->text($input->post->date) . "12:00:00";
 $town = $sanitizer->text($input->post->town);
 $type = $sanitizer->text($input->post->type);
 $email = $sanitizer->email($input->post->email);

$message = "<blockquote> Excellent news, your sale has been listed. Click <a href=".$config->urls->root."counties>here </a> to view other listings.</blockquote> ";

$sale_category = "1108";

$p = new Page();
    $p->template = $templates->get("listing");
    $p->parent = $pages->get(1016);
    $p->title = $title;
    $p->address1 = $address1;
    $p->address2 = $address2;
    $p->postcode = $postcode;
    $p->telephone = $telephone;
    $p->sale_category = $sale_category;
    $p->town_select = $town;
    $p->Date = $date;
    $p->email = $email;

$full_address = " $address1 , $address2 , $postcode " ;
           $p->map->address =$full_address;
           $p->map->zoom = 18;

Davo, what you are doing there looks about right to me. Populating the $p->map->address should trigger the Google Geocoder into action. Just make sure you have a $p->save(); somewhere in there so that the coordinates get saved. 

until I realized the Google map API is not compatible with jQuery 1.9.1

I wonder why this is the case? I wonder if it's jQuery or google maps that's polluting the other (I'm guessing Google Maps). Can it be resolved by using jQuery() rather than $(), or is it something beyond this?

<?php $map = $modules->get('MarkupGoogleMap');
    echo $map->render($page, 'MapMarker', array('height' => '350px'));
    ?>

results in

Error:     Call to a member function render() on a non-object

while the MapMarker field is called 'MapMarker' to keep things simple.... Why?

Davo, what you are doing there looks about right to me. Populating the $p->map->address should trigger the Google Geocoder into action. Just make sure you have a $p->save(); somewhere in there so that the coordinates get saved. 

I wonder why this is the case? I wonder if it's jQuery or google maps that's polluting the other (I'm guessing Google Maps). Can it be resolved by using jQuery() rather than $(), or is it something beyond this?

Ryan,

Thank you so much. There is indeed a save module there and I'm really pleased the way the api is working. It's a simple project site i'm working on for listings to help me learn pw. I'm very please how much progress I can make in a very short amount of time.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Error:     Call to a member function render() on a non-object
while the MapMarker field is called 'MapMarker' to keep things simple.... Why?

Your $modules->get('MarkupGoogleMap'); call failed. Chances are you don't have the MarkupGoogleMap module installed or are running an old version of FieldtypeMapMarker. 

Nevertheless I have another bothersome issue....

When I add a page with a MapMarker field I need three saves before it actually saves. When I input 'city, state, country' in the MapMarker field and click outside it, the Latitude, Longitude and Zoom fields and the map all appear. Upon save there's a geocode error and the page could not be saved. The MapMarker field is empty. When I enter 'city, state, country' again, it saves without error but without Latitude, Longitude, Zoom and map. Then the MapMarker field remembers the 'city, state, country' info. Only upon a third save (and clicking in and out of the MapMarker field once more) it saves with all info in the right fields and rendered map.

Nevertheless I have another bothersome issue....

When I add a page with a MapMarker field I need three saves before it actually saves. When I input 'city, state, country' in the MapMarker field and click outside it, the Latitude, Longitude and Zoom fields and the map all appear. Upon save there's a geocode error and the page could not be saved. The MapMarker field is empty. When I enter 'city, state, country' again, it saves without error but without Latitude, Longitude, Zoom and map. Then the MapMarker field remembers the 'city, state, country' info. Only upon a third save (and clicking in and out of the MapMarker field once more) it saves with all info in the right fields and rendered map.

I'm no expert, but you could try doing what I did a couple of posts above. I bashed my address fields together and let it to geocoding server side.

What address are you trying to geocode? I want to try it here just to see if there's something unique about it that might be confusing Google's geocoder. Also, when the JS geocoder runs, it should bypass the server side geocoder unless something changes about the address during the save. If that's not the behavior you are getting, let me know what browser and version you are using \.

Trial and error. There was a conflict between two googleapis scripts 'maps/api/js' and 'maps/api/js?v=3'. Seems to work on first geocoding now.

Edit: The error is back....

Enter 'Leipzig, Sachsen, Germany' in the MapMarker address field. Lat and Lng appear automatically when clicking outside address field and the map is rendered correct. On clicking 'publish' I get:

Added page /selectlists/cities/leipzig/
Added page /selectlists/states/sachsen/
Saved Page: /places/leipzig-sachsen-germany/ (4 changes) - Cannot be published until errors are corrected
Error geocoding address

The MapMarker field, Lat and Lng entries and map have disappeared.

I re-enter 'Leipzig, Sachsen, Germany', click outside address field and everything appears again. On 'publish' I get 'Error geocoding address' again but now the MapMarker field entry is still there while Lat and Lng are zero and the map doesn't show. Below the map it says 'over query limit'.

Clicking in and out MapMarker field and publish again finally renders the map.

head_inc has

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $config->urls->templates?>scripts/jquery-1.9.1.min.js?>"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $config->urls->templates?>scripts/main.js?>"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $config->urls->modules?>FieldtypeMapMarker/InputfieldMapMarker.js?v=203?>"></script>
	<script type='text/javascript' src='https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?&sensor=false'></script>

Using Firefox 24.0 on OSX 10.8.5 - ProcessWire 2.3 - MapMarker 2.0.3

It sounds like the connection is being blocked server side via a firewall or perhaps limitations imposed on PHP's functions for security. Go ahead and grab the latest update FieldtypeMapMarker/InputfieldMapMarker 2.0.5 which should bypass the need for server-side geocoding in many cases, including yours I think. 

Enter address 'city, state, country' in the MapMarker address field. Clicking outside and Lat, Lng and map appear. Upon publish the page is accepted without an error but the MapMarker address, Lat, Lng and map are empty. Entering address again and save publishes successfully.

I can't duplicate that here. Are you sure you've got the latest version? Do you have the checkbox checked that is between address and latitude? Try hitting reload once or twice on the page as well, just in case something older is cached.