Map Marker Map

ryan

You have a list of page ids in the right order direct from the db query, so this should work...

$r=$db->query('SELECT pages_id, ('.$user_location->lng.'-lng)*('.$user_location->lng.'-lng) + ('.$user_location->lat.'-lat)*('.$user_location->lat.'-lat) AS "distance" FROM field_map_location ORDER BY distance');

while($row=$r->fetch_row()){
$loc = $pages->get(row[0]);
echo $loc->id;
}

(Untested and written in browser)

<edit>Soma beat me to it. Again.</edit>

Edited by DaveP

If you need to retrieve a bunch of pages by ID, then getById() is much better than a foreach with get() simply because getById() does its primary work with one query, whereas get() does at least one query per call. But getById is also one of those things that most people will probably never use (it's largely an internal use thing). As a result, it probably just belongs in the 'advanced' API section. 

• 2 weeks later...

hi forum!!

i have a problem to output the map it works great in admin when i put the adress marker moves to corect position, but i cant view map in frontend, i use

<?php  echo $page->map;  ?>

but the output is the adress name, not the map.

thank you!

Hi Basil,

The module will only output the map data - like the street address and lon / lat values. You will need to add the javascript map code in your template. It's not so hard with google maps - you can read more about how to do this in an earlier post :

http://processwire.com/talk/topic/690-map-marker-fieldtype/page-3#entry31486

While this module is being discussed again, has anyone managed to get it to load a default location when first opened (before doing a search).

Currently when you first open the field you see a gray empty map until you do a search. I would like to it to load to a default zoom level and location. For example I am just adding locations in Basel, so I want it to already show Basel, and then the user can just drag and drop the pin to the correct location (without having to do a search). Would be a nicer user experience.

thank you Michael i read this but i am so confused that i dont know how to do it, what i try is this:

// //ON THE HEADER I ADD:///      
<style type="text/css">
      html { height: 100% }
      body { height: 100%; margin: 0; padding: 0 }
      #map-canvas { height: 100% }
    </style>
        <script src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?v=3.exp&sensor=false"></script>

</head>

//// ON THE BODY I ADD: /////
<div class="span4">
       function initialize() {
        var mapOptions = {
          center: new google.maps.LatLng(<?php echo $page->map->address ?>, <?php echo $page->map->lat ?>, <?php echo $page->map->lng ?>,),
          zoom: 8,
          mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP
        };
        var map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById("map-canvas"),
            mapOptions);
      }
      google.maps.event.addDomListener(window, 'load', initialize);
    </script>
</div>

but output is nothing, you see some mistake?

thank you for your help Michael.

no iam sory is there but missed from copy paste here:

<div class="span4">			
			    <script type="text/javascript">
      function initialize() {
        var mapOptions = {
          center: new google.maps.LatLng(<?php echo $page->map->address ?>, <?php echo $page->map->lat ?>, <?php echo $page->map->lng ?>,), 
        };
            mapOptions);
      }
    </script>
		</div>

i cant find wats wrong

thank you Wanze.. and Michael..

not working i cant see whats wrong

//// IN HEAD I USE/////
     <style type="text/css">
      #map-canvas { height: 100% }
    </style>
    <script type="text/javascript"
      src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=HERE IS MY KEY BUT I DELETE FOR SHOW &sensor=true">
    </script>

////// IN BODY IUSE //////
<div id="map-canvas">
     <script type="text/javascript">
      function initialize() {
        var mapOptions = {
          center: new google.maps.LatLng(<?php echo $page->map->lat ?>, <?php echo $page->map->lng ?>),
        };
            mapOptions);
      }
    </script>
</div>

No problem. Can't help anymore, you should open the javascript console and reload the page.

The console will report if there are any js errors. If you don't know how to fix please post the error message.

I have found in a new 2.3 install that if this Module is present and the site is on a live host (not MAMP) then accessing a page that uses a field of type Map produces this error

2013-04-24 18:25:32	guest	http://example.com/contact/	Error: 	Call to a member function loadPageField() on a non-object (line 651 of /var/www/vhosts/example.com/wire/core/Page.php)

My quick fix is to not use this Module but I would love to solve this so I could proceed and use it in this case and in future.

I am going to do some checking on version numbers locally and on the server and will edit this post/post again but in the meantime if any uber-clever PW friends know why this might be happening I would be very interested as I really wanted to use the Module. Thanks a lot in advance friends, cheers, -Alan

Edit: The server version of PHP is 5.3.5 and I can set my local MAMP version as low as 5.2.17 and the error is still happening on the server and not happening on the local MAMP setup.

Thanks Marty, yes this is a weird one, I ran out of time last night but I am going to get to the bottom of this one, when I go to login I am also seeing

SESSION : FIELDTYPE 'FIELDTYPEMAPMARKER' DOES NOT EXIST
FIELD : FIELDTYPE 'FIELDTYPEMAPMARKER' DOES NOT EXIST

and there is another thread here about config.php fingerprints or keys created on one server used on another. So I also need to investigate that and perhaps they are related.

Edit: OK well those two were obvious (I need more coffee) the PW install still had a field type of MAP, removed the field and restored the local DB to remote and now the remote does not report the error.

Now to return to trying to figure out why my good hosting seems to cough if there is a field of type MAP...

Edited by alanfluff

To see what I could learn about this error I installed a vanilla PW 2.3 directly on the hosting rather than locally and exporting.

So far this method has worked and exporting back to local still works and exporting local back to hosting still works.

Now gradually making the test site more like the site that had the problem (adding modules etc) to see where (if) it trips up.

One thing I have learnt, if I install a Module then export the db and sync files (local to hosting or visa versa) then login on the place I exported to then although I am running with a set of files for all modules and a db that was running with all modules until I actually visit Modules in the PW admin and click check for new Modules (which reports none new are found) the new modules are not listed as installed in Modules Manager. I did not expect this behaviour and don't quite understand it but I will follow this procedure as a work-around (but maybe this is expect behaviour?).

Edit: Perhaps the above behaviour is because I am not copying cache and session folders with the rest of the site when I upload?

Edited by alanfluff

Double check that all of your module files in /site/modules/ are getting copied over. I've experienced a similar error on occasion when I copy over a site, but forget that some of my stuff in site/modules/ was actually symlinks to a shared modules directory… and the modules didn't get copied over to the server. 

Also, if you aren't copying over the /cache/ and /session/ folders, then at least make sure that you at least re-create these folders on the server and make sure they are writable. 

• Like 1

Thanks Ryan, there will be some slack time soon when I am definitely going to be following up on this so I understand it.

It's very helpful to know about session and cache, I will just copy them all in future I think, I can't even recall why I set them to excluded in my FTP client.

• 3 months later...

I've just pushed some fairly major updates to this module for version 2.0.0: 

• Add zoom to the data managed by this module. It can be accessed from your field in the same way as address, lat and lng, i.e. $page->map->zoom. It will remember your zoom level setting from the page editor, and it can be used for generating your own maps. 
  • The map settings are now configurable in the field settings (input tab). This includes the starting/default location for the map, map height, default zoom level and map type. 
  • Removed some annoying behaviors from the geocoder. The client-side (javascript) and server-side geocoders no longer try to complete with each other.
  • InputfieldMapMarker is now responsive so that it's input organization is just as usable at mobile resolution. 
  • Addition of a new related Markup module: MarkupGoogleMap. This provides an easy way for you to generate maps with the data managed by FieldtypeMapMarker:
$map = $modules->get('MarkupGoogleMap'); 

// output a map with one marker
echo $map->render($page, 'map'); 

// or output a map with a bunch of markers:
$items = $pages->find("template=something"); 
echo $map-render($items, 'map'); 

This is just a basic usage example. For all options see the README

post-2-0-53342700-1376686680_thumb.png

post-2-0-69616600-1376686687_thumb.png

• Like 6

I don't know why, but this module doesn't work.

It installs right but then when i'm creating new field with type "MapMarker" it isn't creating. It says that 

• Table 'database.field_googlemap' doesn't exist

I've tried to find SQL in installing function that creates field table. Is it right that "getDatabaseSchema" function is for create new field?

Help me please! :)

Running 2.3.0