Map Marker Map

ryan

Thank you, Ryan.

Your tip regarding the console.log made clear that the vars weren't lost. They were still there.

After a lot of Google searches I found that the reason was a change in the Google Maps API (it worked in 3.9, but stopped working in 3.10).

I also found a bug report with a solution, so now everything is working again. :D

The bug report: https://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=4594

/Jasper

• Like 1

Hey everyone, Im new at processwire and I tried to Install MapMarker but I couldnt :(

I dont know what am I doing wrong, I installed the Field Type, but when trying to install the Input Type got this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class MapMarker in \wire\modules\Inputfield\MapMarker.php on line 111

Thanks for any help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm totally new to web developing and I've to say that processwire offers me a lot of fun.

thank you very much to Ryan and everyone who help making a such easy and complete framework.

however this map module is giving me a very hard time.

I install it very easily and it works perfectly on the admin side.

but I can't make the map appear in the front end.

Can anyone help me I'm totally lost on this issue.

here is the page I want to make the map appear

http://www.strati-varius.com/decors/face-cachee-de-l-uvre-d-art-tonio/

the map should appear at the end of the page, i can see in the source that all the code is here but nothing is rendered.

any help will be much appreciate

excuse me in advance for my poor english

Hello jetag!

The module is an admin side module. To display a map on the site you have to add some code. If you'd like to use Google maps this is a good place to start:

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial#The_Hello_World_of_Google_Maps_v3

To use the values from the map module try something like this. 

center: new google.maps.LatLng(<?php echo $page->map->lat ?>, (<?php echo $page->map->lng ?>,), 

Hi Mats,

thank you for your answer.

in my template I add 

include("./includes/map.php");

and here is my map.php 

<?
echo "<div id='map'></div>"; 

$js = "<script type='text/javascript'>";

$js .= "RCDMap.options.zoom = 15;";
$js .= "RCDMap.init('map', {$page->map->lat}, {$page->map->lng});";
$js .= "RCDMap.addMarker('{$page->title}', '{page->niveau}', {$page->map->lat}, {$page->map->lng});";

$js .= "</script>";

echo $js;

?>

I also add in my footer link to RCDMap.js and to the google API.

the source code seems to output well but there must be something wrong as no map appears.

Thank you Apeisa,

I put the link for RCDMap.js and the google API in the head instead of the footer and now my map appears centered on the good point.

Don't get why but I'm quite happy

Still the marker doesn't appear

Though the code output in the source seems good, i got that

<div id='map'></div>
<script type='text/javascript'>
     RCDMap.options.zoom = 15;
     RCDMap.init('map', 48.889828, 2.241181);
     RCDMap.addMarker('Gouffre de Villon', '1048', 48.889828, 2.241181);
</script>

That's right API key isn't necessary with v3. Can you attach the full code? I think there is probably something about the larger context that we're not seeing, and that's most likely where the problem is. But before you do that, enable your Javascript console and see if any error messages are being reported. I am guessing there is a JS error that will answer what the problem is. 

Hi,

first I want to thank you all for your help.

I'm just a starting to learn php and javascript and processwire is an incredbly wonderful way to do it.

As Ryan recommended I look the javascript console.

it is returning me an error on the RCDMap.js on line 24 

Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined 

So I change the call of jquery from the footer to the header

and now the marker appears but the navigation tool on the map are still bugging.

there is no more error in the javascript console.

The RCDMap.js is Ryan's one, for the rest of the code I made a zip file with my template code and the map.php that calls the fonction for the map you can download it here. I don't know if you need other files if so let me know

Hi Mats,

if you speak about 

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $config->urls->templates?>js/RCDMap.js">
 </script>

it is already just before the closing head tag.

Or do you mean the complete code inside RCDMap.js ?

In that case wouldn't it will be to heavy to load for each page?

Hi Mats,

I assume you were talking about this script

<script type='text/javascript'>
	    RCDMap.options.zoom = 15;
	    RCDMap.init('map', {$page->map->lat}, {$page->map->lng});
	    RCDMap.addMarker('{$page->title}', '{$page->niveau}', {$page->map->lat}, {$page->map->lng});
	  </script>

so I 've tried to move it in the header but it isn'resolving the problem./

thanks thought.

This should be just before the head tag:

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $config->urls->templates?>js/RCDMap.js"></script>

The other script should be in the body, where you would like the map to appear.

Here is a page with the scripts  if you'd like to have a look where the code is supposed to be: http://kalmarlansmuseum.se.preview.binero.se/rapporter/

Hi,

I'm using ProcessWire for the first time and I'm pretty impressed. Very cool CMS. :)

But now I ran into a problem and hope you guys can help me.

I'm creating a "Shop Locator" -> a page which includes a list of shops (including pagination) and a map of them (The shops are child pages including the MapMarker Field).

So far so good but now I'd like my users to be able to enter their Address and order the Shop-list according to their distance to the next Shop.

I already got the google api working so I've got access to the long/latitude values of the users address.

I tried to calculate the distance directly in the $pages->find() function but it doesn't work.

$results = $pages->find( "parent=/shop-locator/stores/ sort=((map_location.lng - 16.70088) * (map_location.lng - 16.70088) + (map_location.lat - 48.36351) * (map_location.lat - 48.36351))");

I also tried to create a new page array object and reorder the entries. It worked to order the list the right way but broke my pagination (displayed the entries of the first page on every page). Also this method had a lot of overhead.

Does anyone have an idea how to do that?

Thanks!

do that.in selector must you.not 

accept  only feld name does sort=

math haveu.given it

$lat_min=blahblahmath;

$lat_max=ur_fancy_maths_here;

$lng_max=some_science_here;

$lng_min=mom_taught_well;

$pages->find("parent=/shop-locator/stores/, map_location.lat>=$lat_min, map_location.lng>=$lng_min, map_location.lat<=$lat_max, map_location.lng<=$lng_max, sort=map_location.lat, sort=map_location.lng"); 

or.mabe querry db.direct u may enjoy ?

$r=$db->query("select pages_id from field_map_location where ...");

$ides=array();

while($row=$r->fetch_row()) $ides[] = $row[0]; 

$results=$pages->find("id=" . implode('|', $ides)); 

• Like 1

Thanks for your help.

I'm now using the direct database implementation and it works great with much leaner code than I had before.

$r=$db->query('SELECT pages_id, ('.$user_location->lng.'-lng)*('.$user_location->lng.'-lng) + ('.$user_location->lat.'-lat)*('.$user_location->lat.'-lat) AS "distance" FROM field_map_location ORDER BY distance');

$ides=array();
while($row=$r->fetch_row()) $ides[] = $row[0]; 

$query = 'id=' . implode('|', $ides); // Output: 1075|1070|1074

$locs = $pages->find($query);
foreach($locs as $result) {
    echo "{$result->id}|"; //Output: 1070|1074|1075
}

However, there is still one problem left.

If I look at the $query, the IDs are in the right order (based on their distance to the $user_location)
but as soon as I echo them out in the foreach loop they are ordered by ID.

I guess that the $pages->find function automatically orders the pages if no 'sort' variable is given.
Is there a way to sort them according to the query string?

• Like 1