Map Marker Map

ryan

Hum. Doesn't work all the time. I still have the error message "please add map.google.com script in your document head" even if it's there.

Does something else could interfere? Because in some pages it's works fine.

Hi, is there the possibility to have on click to the mark a box with some information? 

Now when I click on the mark I get redirected to a page in the backend. At moment I render the maps in this way:

<?php
    $map = $modules->get('MarkupGoogleMap');
    $places = $page->Dealer_Finder;
    echo $map->render($places, 'map_rp');
  ?>

I use this because I have a Maps field inside a Repeater Field and I need all mark in one map. All the information I render after the maps  in a loop, I will like show an a part of this info in a box that appears on click to the mark. How I can do this? 

• 3 months later...
On 6/1/2017 at 11:45 PM, Arcturus said:

I'm having an issue in PW 3.0.62 where the module will only geocode an address when I manually click the checkmark between address and lat/lng off/on when editing the page within the admin. Based on what I've read here, it seems only the client-side geocoder is working?

Additional details:

• I have both Google Maps and Google Places APIs working without issue on the front-end and have added my Maps key to the module's configuration
  • My MapMarker-based field, "map", has a MapMarker: Error geocoding address notification and I can't find any elaboration
  • Neither API has any issues with my address formatting/default address, with an example being 5 Bloor Street, Toronto, ON M4W 3T3
  • My addresses are mapping properly when I play with the checkbox (status goes from UNKNOWN to OK)
  • I can't trigger the geocoding via the API

Any ideas?

Same problem here, but playing with the checkbox doesn't work either.
Always getting "REQUEST DENIED" and i have absolutely no clue, why.

Any ideas?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 5:50 PM, BFD Calendar said:

Since Google introduced billing for Google Maps I get an error "This page can't load Google Maps correctly" on my maps. I have a working API key and enabled billing, do I need any changes in ProcessWire as well?

Had the same problem... now i switched to the Leaflet Map Version... and im very happy with it ? 

Thanks zoeck and Peter. Leaflet also uses Google, so I presume you'll run in the same problem sooner or later, no? For the Here maps, I assume it needs a bit of working under the hood of MapMarker to get it working?

In the mean time it turns out everything now works after 48 hours of patience with Google and my provider (OVH)....

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 5:53 AM, BFD Calendar said:

Thanks zoeck and Peter. Leaflet also uses Google, so I presume you'll run in the same problem sooner or later, no? For the Here maps, I assume it needs a bit of working under the hood of MapMarker to get it working?

In the mean time it turns out everything now works after 48 hours of patience with Google and my provider (OVH)....

So what was the fix for MapMarker? Where would we add the API key in PW?

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 5:17 AM, biotech said:

So what was the fix for MapMarker? Where would we add the API key in PW?

Thanks!

In MapMarker's documentation there is a section about implementing the needed JavaScript file from Google:

### How to use

Add this somewhere before your closing `</head>` tag:
`````````
<script type='text/javascript' src='https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false'></script>

Search for this snippet in your template and change the value of src like this:

Where XXXXXX is your API key. See the Hello World example here (lower part of the code example): https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial

On 8/9/2018 at 8:53 AM, BFD Calendar said:

As far as I know Leaflet use OpenStreetMap which is not google. With the new changes to google maps I'm sure more people will turn to OpenStreetMap so some day with the uptick in usage they may become a pay service as well but not yet.

I should also add I am converting all google maps over to leaflet. It has fewer styling options but looks good and works very well.

5 hours ago, digitex said:

As far as I know Leaflet use OpenStreetMap which is not google. With the new changes to google maps I'm sure more people will turn to OpenStreetMap so some day with the uptick in usage they may become a pay service as well but not yet.

I should also add I am converting all google maps over to leaflet. It has fewer styling options but looks good and works very well.

Well I have over 4500 pages with map references (https://www.birthfactdeathcalendar.net/places/), so converting them to anything else than MapMarker and/or Google should be something that can happen sort of 'all at once'.

I use the a FieldtypeMapMarker inside of a repeater field.

Since the update of google api, the map don't display when i open a ne repeater.
I shows only after i save the page.

Is it a problem with the api, the field in combination with a repeater or with the configuration on my site?

22 minutes ago, tires said:

Since the update of google api, the map don't display when i open a ne repeater.

Is it a problem with the api, the field in combination with a repeater or with the configuration on my site?

Hi tires,

I think this may be related to a problem I had earlier:

So, you might have to find a way (event, interval, ...) to trigger that init() when your maps becomes visible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 4:45 PM, tires said:

Any further ideas or solutions???

?

• 4 weeks later...

The way I was able to solve it, is you have to create 2 different api's. One for the front end, where you set restrictions to your domain name. And then another for this module where you set the restriction to your server's ip address. Also, make sure that geocoding api is enabled in google console.  Hope this helps.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

So I am using the InputField MapMarker module to output some google maps onto my web pages. When adding them in the backend, all is well and there are no errors, however on the frontend of the site where I am printing it onto the page, I am getting an error saying "This page can't load Google Maps correctly". Example here: https://www.golfholidays.deence.com/destinations/golf-holidays-in-spain/suites-hotel-san-roque-club/

Looking in the console, is says about either a missing API key (which I have already added in the backend or me hitting my quota which I have raised to well above what is needed in my Google dashboard)

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have a problem that I didn't have before (not sure when was "before" though...). However all last year' pages displayed a correct localization.

If I typed an address, it will not localized until I check/uncheck the geocode true/false. However, saving the page doesn't retain the "ok rooftop" result, and return to "request denied". After a couple of saving pages, I eventually get lat/long saved but the status is still "request denied".

Furthermore, I discovered I can't modify addresses on certain pages (those created by guest (form builder)). It may be related to my similar problem about image undeletable.

Under 3.0.123, both local and production. Google API is enabled for billing. Anyway, address with a previous correct localization are displayed fine.

Thanks!