Page Field => bidirectional

berechar

Hello everyone,

I'm currently linking several templates to each other thanks to the Page Field.

Whenever I link a Page (A) to another Page (B), I can only see/edit/remove this relationship at Page A, but not on Page B.

Is it possible to also create/see/edit/remove this relationship from Page B? Thus, having a bidirectional Page Field?

Hopefully this is possible, it would be of major help in the administation workflow.

Greetings,

Charlie

@berechar,

Not possible out of the box, you need to build a module for that.

The good thing is I have a gist that does bidirectional save / remove for 2 pagefields and 2 templates.

You have to change the hard coded values in that gist or B) write a proper configurable module for that.

(Code a module for this? someone? me not having much time, sorry  )

• Like 4

What is the reason you need this? If it's for the admin and it would be handy to be able to add links on either page A or B then that makes sense. However if you only need it in a frontend template there are other ways to find what page B is linked to without the need for having the field in both templates.

EDIT: Martijn's code looks like it would do what you want though :)

• 2 weeks later...

What is the reason you need this? If it's for the admin and it would be handy to be able to add links on either page A or B then that makes sense. However if you only need it in a frontend template there are other ways to find what page B is linked to without the need for having the field in both templates.

EDIT: Martijn's code looks like it would do what you want though :)

Yes, it's for the admin. This might become a summer project :-)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...