New user role can't create thumbnails

Alex

I have created a new user role, that role is not able to create thumbnail crops using the thumbnails module.

When clicking 'Thumnails' it just opens a window with the home admin page.

It works fine for the main superuser role. I tried allowing all permissions for the new role but no luck.

Using processwire 2.1

- Alex

I fixed this on latest commit. Just make sure that your user has permission "image-crop". Permission is created on install or you can create it manually if you upgrade.

Also made few margin/padding tweaks, fixed one minor bug and once again fixed the mouseenter / mouseover bug. Chrome does need mouseenter and fox and others do require mouseover, so I check for both now :)

Great, thanks for testing guys.

Realized now, that probably no need for "image-crop" permission. Would it be enough to just use page-edit and set cropping permission based on that? Or do you think there could be need to disallow cropping, but allow editing? (vice versa is not even possible, since you need page-edit permission to view that editing page)

• Like 1

hmm, I can't forsee a need to disallow cropping but allow editing in what i'm doing.

on a related roles question I have... I created a new user role for my workmates with all the default permissions allowed, but they can't create or publish new pages, just edit existing ones. I'm not sure how permissions work exactly but can I add ability to create and publish pages to a role?

Realized now, that probably no need for "image-crop" permission. Would it be enough to just use page-edit and set cropping permission based on that? Or do you think there could be need to disallow cropping, but allow editing? (vice versa is not even possible, since you need page-edit permission to view that editing page)

I changed that cropping requires only page-edit permission. So if you update and have used this before, you can remove that image-crop permission.

Haven't tried repeaters yet. What you mean by the page that doesn't resolve?

My guess is that it has something to do with page-edit permission. Maybe editor doesn't have real edit access to repeatable pages?

I tested again, it show an default thumb when hovered, but when I click the link I get an error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/pw-dev/site/modules/Thumbnails/ProcessCropImage/ProcessCropImage.module on line 50

This error message was shown because site is in debug mode ($config->debug = true; in /site/config.php). Error has been logged.