Mike Rockett

Unable to login to backend

Got home to some strange behaviour on one of my development sites - not able to login.

I have seen this: processwire.com/talk/topic/4011-cannot-login-to-admin-area/

But nothing there works. If I try changing the password, still can't sign in.

Using SessionHandlerDatabase, and have cleared those caches too. Could that module be an issue in 2.5.25? I am running another few local sites on that version, but am not experiencing the same issue.

Nothing in any error logs anywhere. Login form doesn't show any errors either.

Wondering if the installation in question has gone all bonkers on me...

Update: I also have the Forgot Password module enabled. Interestingly, when I click on it, it just shows the normal login form... Isn't it supposed to just show email? The URL does include ?forgot=1...

@Mike - have you tried disabling the UpgradeCheck module, if you have that installed?

I ran into an issue on Sunday night where i couldn't login to admin, and disabling that module let me back in;

i got a clue from this warning

[05-Apr-2015 22:36:22 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  json_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/user/dev/site/modules/ProcessWireUpgrade/ProcessWireUpgradeCheck.module on line 57

@Mike - have you tried disabling the UpgradeCheck module, if you have that installed?

I ran into an issue on Sunday night where i couldn't login to admin, and disabling that module let me back in;

i got a clue from this warning

[05-Apr-2015 22:36:22 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  json_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/user/dev/site/modules/ProcessWireUpgrade/ProcessWireUpgradeCheck.module on line 57

That doesn't seem to do it either... Not getting any errors/warnings anyway...

Okay, I've managed to login by creating a front end login form - this seems to have worked. Still, the backend login form doesn't want to work. I'm assuming this has something to do with CSRF...?

I have a PW 2.5.23 with SessionDBHandler and ForgottPassword running without problems. Everytime getting the right forms and all works as expected.

Ah, figured it out.

For some reason, I set the cache on the admin template instead of another template... No idea how I did that. Must have just clicked on the wrong template and not noticed which one I was editing.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By derelektrischemoench
      Hi guys,
      I'm facing a somewhat strange issue here which I can't quite wrap my head around. 
      I have a PW site in development which runs on three machines simultaneously, one staging server which is accessible as a preview instance for my customer, my PC and my laptop. 
      I have three completely identical settings on each of the three machines (same apache version, same php version, same codebase, same database); however on my PC I am unable to log into the backend. I get no error message or anything, when I try to login; i just get redirected to the login  page. I have already enabled database driven sessions (I enabled them on my laptop, then I dumped the database and copied it to my pc); I have cleared the cache directory; I cleared the sessions in the database; I cleared my browser caches, I tried different browsers, all to no avail; I am unable to login when using my pc, the instances all have the same .htaccess.
      Is there something I'm missing here or does anyone have a clue as to what my issue here might be? I'm using processwire 3.0.123
      Thanks for any input, greetings
      derelektrischemoench

//edit: I've noticed something interesting; despite the directories of my web folders being the same layout; when I open the admin page i get a 404 on the processwire/ resource in the networks panel of chrome; on my laptop I get a  200.... I guess this is where my problem is; but why?

• By derelektrischemoench
      Hi guys,
      I'm facing a somewhat strange issue here which I can't quite wrap my head around. 
      I have a PW site in development which runs on three machines simultaneously, one staging server which is accessible as a preview instance for my customer, my PC and my laptop. 
      I have three completely identical settings on each of the three machines (same apache version, same php version, same codebase, same database); however on my PC I am unable to log into the backend. I get no error message or anything, when I try to login; i just get redirected to the login  page. I have already enabled database driven sessions (I enabled them on my laptop, then I dumped the database and copied it to my pc); I have cleared the cache directory; I cleared the sessions in the database; I cleared my browser caches, I tried different browsers, all to no avail; I am unable to login when using my pc, the instances all have the same .htaccess.
      Is there something I'm missing here or does anyone have a clue as to what my issue here might be? I'm using processwire 3.0.123
      Thanks for any input, greetings
      derelektrischemoench

• By Peter Knight
      How do you guys handle large session tables when sessions are being recorded to the database?
      I notice one of my sites has a session table of over 14MB 
      Am I missing a way in the Admin or a module to auto-remove any sessions older than X days?
      Thanks

• By helmut2509
      In my PW-Application there is currently no session timeout.
      I want to set the user session to 60 minutes which means that after 60 minutes of inactivity the user will be redirected to the homepage.
      so I added the following entry to my config.php:
      $config->sessionExpireSeconds = 120; (120 seconds is just for testing).
      But after five minutes of inactivity I am still logged in, there is no redirection.
      Is there anything wrong or did I miss something?
      In php.ini I have the entry:
      session.cookie_lifetime = 3600
    • By franciccio-ITALIANO
      Hi, I need to provide a quite complex user registration form: description, subdescription, drop-down lists etc. 
      Through this registration, users will be able to access and comment.
      If someone responds to their comments, I would like a NOTIFICATION to appear when accessing their panel.
      My social interaction project is just that, it seems simple, I don't need more.
      Now I am undecided whether to use buddypress, elgg, or a native processwire system.
      What do you recommend? 
      If you recommend processwire, which modules should I install?
      Do they work or is processwire too immature for that?
      Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)