Unable to login to backend

Mike Rockett

Got home to some strange behaviour on one of my development sites - not able to login.

I have seen this: processwire.com/talk/topic/4011-cannot-login-to-admin-area/

But nothing there works. If I try changing the password, still can't sign in.

Using SessionHandlerDatabase, and have cleared those caches too. Could that module be an issue in 2.5.25? I am running another few local sites on that version, but am not experiencing the same issue.

Nothing in any error logs anywhere. Login form doesn't show any errors either.

Wondering if the installation in question has gone all bonkers on me...

Update: I also have the Forgot Password module enabled. Interestingly, when I click on it, it just shows the normal login form... Isn't it supposed to just show email? The URL does include ?forgot=1...

@Mike - have you tried disabling the UpgradeCheck module, if you have that installed?

I ran into an issue on Sunday night where i couldn't login to admin, and disabling that module let me back in;

i got a clue from this warning

[05-Apr-2015 22:36:22 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  json_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/user/dev/site/modules/ProcessWireUpgrade/ProcessWireUpgradeCheck.module on line 57

@Mike - have you tried disabling the UpgradeCheck module, if you have that installed?

I ran into an issue on Sunday night where i couldn't login to admin, and disabling that module let me back in;

i got a clue from this warning

[05-Apr-2015 22:36:22 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  json_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/user/dev/site/modules/ProcessWireUpgrade/ProcessWireUpgradeCheck.module on line 57

That doesn't seem to do it either... Not getting any errors/warnings anyway...