Trying to get "pages" menu item to show up for editor and publisher roles.

Neeks

I'm trying to get a module to show up in the "pages" menu for editors, publishers, and other roles that are not part of the super user group. 

The page lives under:
/Admin/pages/drafts

The templates is:

And admin template, and it has a field for "process" which is required for the module to work. 

All the solutions I have come up with to show this page are clunky, or plain wrong, so I figure there must be a simple way, maybe some one else has come across.  

post-1913-0-52811800-1428166515_thumb.pn

post-1913-0-07213700-1428166567_thumb.pn

drafts is a custom process module.

I did try that permission approach. if a user has access to that process that page still does not show up in the "pages" menu for the editor.  

return array(
            'title'    => 'Project Drafts',
            'version'  => '0.2.0',
            'summary'  => 'Coordinate page drafts and new content content launched that are tied to code pushes',
            'permission' => 'draft-groups',
            'singular' => true,
            'autoload' => true
        );

If I don't give the editor role, permissions access to "draft-groups" they can not access the page at all, which works how I imagine it would (indicating that the permission system is working)

hmm I wonder what i'm missing?

@neeks: do you have debug mode enabled? Any errors?

And why is autoload true? Process modules shouldn't have autoload enabled. It's better to create a "helper" module which extends wire if you need an autoload module

I will turn on debug mode and see if I can get any errors. (nothing is showing up in the log though).

@Nico knolI: Thanks, I think the issue is I have one module that is doing 4-5 related things to drafting pages and publishing them, but those things should probably be split into separate modules. (I think) A process module that is not auto load (which I just learned from your post), and then several autoload modules need access to the runtime hooks (altering page listings, adding draft buttons, edit draft buttons, etc.) 

• Like 1