page field does not save page order

lindquist

Hi,

I'm using a pagefield to hold a list of pages, and asmselect for input. The field holds the pages to show in the main navigation. however, the order of the pages is not saved, always reverting to the same order when I save.

I can add and remove pages, it's the order that gets messed up :-/

any ideas? I'm using 2.5.24 and it's the same with PageListSelectMultiple ..

best,

tomas

Sorry, I guess I was not clear.

I have a field 'main_menu_pages', which is a Page fieldtype with the asmselect for input field type.

I use this field in a "settings" page to specify the pages and order of entries in the main site navigation.

the problem is that the order of the pages is not saved, but reverts when I save the "settings" page.

now I've realised this, it works on my local "uniform server" where I develop. but it does not after I have uploaded to my testing host (for confirmation by the client before I replace her site).

the selected pages are saved correctly, but the order is not.

unfortunately I cannot log in to the hosting cpanel right now so I can't post versions etc from there. But I'm not sure how to go about debugging this. I can provide access if someone is interested in looking at it.

Thanks for clarifying.

now I've realised this, it works on my local "uniform server" where I develop. but it does not after I have uploaded to my testing host (for confirmation by the client before I replace her site).

the selected pages are saved correctly, but the order is not.

So your local development environment is a Windows based WAMP setup, correct?  What versions of PW, PHP, MySQL and Windows?  What OS,  to include version numbers are on your online hosting solution? 

Just to make it 100% clear. This is my page field

551c359867674.png

The page IDs are as follows:

551c360144742.png

And the database is as expected:

551c362fc393f.png

So far so good.

Now I rearrange the pages, say I move "Kalender" to the top. Then save. In the admin, it looks like it didn't work, when the saved page is loaded again, the pages are ordered exactly as in the first image. With "Kalender" in the bottom, it does not help to reload the page. However, the database IS updated:

551c36bf26294.png

But ... the frontend still receives the pages in the same order as in the admin. Effectively making me unable to sort. I'm not sure what to look at now, I've looked a bit at the FieldtypePage module, but it's a bit heavy for my PHP experience :-/

• 4 months later...

I don't have any help to contribute, but unfortunately I have also been stuck with the issue for some time now (since at least 2.3). Still experiencing it (only on my remote host, not on local dev machine). Just thought I should add my two cents, maybe the issue isn't common but this also is not a one off.