i'm new and i don't know what my password is for preinstalled processwire admin on arvixe

sab

hi,

how do i access my admin panel of preinstalled processwire on Arvixe hosting? is there a default password or something? i have no idea about anything to do with this hosting thing. HELP, please!

thank you.

yes, i can access the admin panel login page. and processwire was already preinstalled there. and i don't know from where to get my login information. can't find it in the cpanel.

Edited by arvixeuser

Have you tried your Arvixe login details - maybe they are automatically added to the PW install. If those don't work, you could contact your host, or we could give you a little script to temporarily add into your site/templates/home.php to create a new user and set its password that way.

I don't know Arvixe and ProcessWire has no ties to this hoster. They do seem to offer PW pre-installed. I think you would do better to contact the company in question, they will be glad to help if you are a customer of them.

(fwiw, PW does not come with default username and passwords, so the hoster probably automated this.)

thanks all. i tried my cpanel login details and they don't work. and no instruction have i received about processwire via email. probably best to wait until monday and then talk to the customer service. or maybe you could give me the script, Adrian?

Just put the following at the top of: /site/templates/home.php and load the site's homepage.

$u = new User();
$u->name = 'username'; // adjust as needed
$u->pass = 'abc123'; // adjust as needed
$u->addRole('guest');
$u->addRole('superuser');
$u->save();

Go back to /processwire and login using these details.

Remove the code from home.php and you're done :)

• Like 4

advice taken. i went to edit my profile and settings, but couldn't find edit username option. any link, maybe?

i don't know what was the default user details, i'll find out and put here.

when i clicked on the link to change my forum name as LostKobrakai suggested, i got: "

Oops! Something went wrong!

You do not have permission to change your display name."

on Arvixe Processwire, Access->Users gave me two default users: admin and guest. the password for the admin account was my default password for cpanel. somehow the link to access admin panel was like  homeurl/admin123/   and that made me think the account was named admin123 but it was simple "admin". not sure about the default password for the "guest" account, tried my cpanel password along with typing nothing. didn't work. 

thanks again, guys.

now, could someone with admin role here please give me a permission to change my display name, maybe?

Guest doesn't have password.

I don't know if I could give you permission for that, I guess it's automated with the number of posts, but I think I can change it myself. What's the name you want? :)

yes, i'm sure. although now i can see the "Display name" option in My Settings, when i try to change it, i get "your current password is incorrect". but i'm using the same password that i use sign in here. i signed out and signed in and tried to change my Display name several times. not working. 

• 7 years later...