pages+blog+members+recurring billing+ecommerce

sogay

Hi, i am new here and I thank the PW team for such open sourced efforts. I had posted the following question, now with 51 views and no answer. So I am editing this with a request that if this is the wrong place for my question or if for whatever reason the question is not appropriate please inform me. I am all for learning. My question is genuine and I do feel like a supporter of PW so far. If everybody is busy that is also understandable.Perhaps some regular old members might show me some indication towards moving forward. Thank you.   

hi, the project i am working on requires the following:

1. A few pages(mostly like a stylish brochure). 
  2. A blog or an articles collection 
  3. A members area (for each member)
  4. A recurring billing and dues reminder email+sms
  5. an e commerce facility

I understand it involves a bit of  custom work here.

So my question is which profiles i can use together and wire them to process smoothly?

All this on a shared hosting and one domain.

Am i asking for too much or too much customization. 

Thank you

You could start using the blog Profile. So pages and articles are included automatically. Member area is just like creating users and show different content on one template. So shouldn't be hard to code for you as Processwire comes with a full user management part. For e-commerce you could use apeisa's new "padloper" module (ca 75€)

• 1 month later...

I' currently working on something like that. Starting with the blog Profile should be good. Personally I started from scratch, so all the structure is like the way I think ;)

Do you want the billing system to be fully integrated in PW? Or would an external solution also be ok? There are some good payment service providers out there with a good API, so this could be easier.

ECommerce with digital products or real products? Could be a big different... Take a look at "padloper", like Nico said before! ;-)

In my case the members can communicate with each other. Do you want the members only to see more content (like premium articles etc.) or should they also be able to interact more?

Am i asking for too much or too much customization. 

Perhaps it would help if you indicated your current level of experience with PHP and building websites?

I can't help with the actual question but I imagine other more proficient developers are wondering how much if you require. IE a point in the right direction Vs a fuller set of instructions. Hope that helps

P