Error moving site from sub-directory to root

digitex

I installed PW 2.5.3 into a sub-directory for development with the intention of moving it out and replacing the current site in the root directory (not really root, there are 2 sites hosted in one account through godaddy >:( ).

I had to edit the .htaccess file rewritebase on install to get it to work in the sub-directory:

RewriteBase /newsf/

Ok so far but now that it's ready to launch I move everything, which I've done a bunch of times successfully, change the Rewritebase back and get these errors:

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty needle in /home/content/32/11070632/html/sf/newsf/index.php on line 49

Warning: require(/home/content/32/11070632/html/sf/newsf/wire/core/ProcessWire.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/32/11070632/html/sf/newsf/index.php on line 86

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/32/11070632/html/sf/newsf/wire/core/ProcessWire.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/32/11070632/html/sf/newsf/index.php on line 86

This is even after I deleted the /newsf/ sub-directory. I'm guessing I need to point the Rewritebase in the right direction but I don't know what that is. Has anyone ever dealt with anything like this and can offer some guidance?

hey, not sure, but maybe you need to do this?

RewriteBase /

Thanks Macrura. I tried that first. I tried just a slash, I tried commenting it out I even tried pointing it at the main sub-directory for the site. I think it's probably caused by the way godaddy handles allowing mulitple sites to be hosted on one account but I don't know enough about it to know how to get around it.

it's really hard to tell what's going on - could you provide the exact directory structure and where PW is, and how you have configured the domain name to point to the folder containing the PW install?

looks like PW may be getting tripped up because of where the folders are? this is the needle:

$f = dirname(realpath(__FILE__)); 

so it can't find the realpath because of some server config;

• Like 1

That's exactly it. Like I said, I don't know enough about how godaddy handles this service but for premium accounts you can host more than 1 site on the same account by setting up what they call zones. Each zone is just a sub-directory of the main account. In this case there are 2 sites: /sf and /wm. I was working on /sf and for development of the new site I created the folder /newsf inside the /sf directory. PW worked fine while being developed but when I tried to replace the existing site in /sf with the new site, I got the errors I listed above. No matter what I did to the rewritebase it gave an error.

On a whim I put pw back into the development folder and I went into the control panel and edited the zones and changed it from /sf to sf/newsf and now it's up and online. I don't consider it a solution though, it feels more like a hack. Until I know what's going on it'll have to do.

Godaddy is a pretty big hosting provider, I had hoped someone else may have already dealt with this problem and had a few pointers. For anyone facing this in the future this might provide some help. If I find a better way, I'll post it.

• Like 1