adrian

Restrict Tab View

For ages I used an admin helper module to do this. I finally decided to try this module, and whaddya know — works like a charm.

Thanks Adrian!

• Like 3

Hi @adrian,

Very useful module (as always.) Question though, is there any reason to use Inputfield::collapsedYes rather than collapsedHidden for the _pw_page_name field when removing the settings tab? (Reference line 114 of module code.)   I'd have thought it would be more natural to hide all the fields from the settings tab if the module were setup to hide the Settings tab, not just move the _pw_page_name field into the start of the content tab.

2 hours ago, netcarver said:

I'd have thought it would be more natural to hide all the fields from the settings tab if the module were setup to hide the Settings tab, not just move the _pw_page_name field into the start of the content tab.

It used to work like that, but it wasn't working for multi-language page names. This change happened in this commit (https://github.com/adrianbj/RestrictTabView/commit/9316082a26315a42d5036481da9d136eb5d4c42e). You could use an older commit, or if you can find a way to make it work while being hidden, I'd love to know. Maybe it needs to be hidden (or positioned off screen) via CSS instead?

• Like 1

@adrian

Thanks for the reply. That seems strange - I would have thought the collapsedHidden status would have included it in the form as a hidden input.

For now, I'll just use a hook in my site/ready.php to hide the unneeded tabs as I don't want have any module updates remove changes.

Thanks!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, adrian said:

Maybe it needs to be hidden (or positioned off screen) via CSS instead?

Yes, I think the module should do this (or offer an option for it). Because the name field is normally on the Settings tab, and if you are removing that tab for a role then you probably don't want the role seeing any of the fields normally on that tab.

You probably know this but it was new to me... you can add styles to an inputfield without needing to include a CSS file with the module:

$if = $wrapper->getChildByName('_pw_page_name');
$if->wrapAttr('style', 'display:none;');

• Like 4

Great idea @Robin S - I do know about wrapAttr but I must admit that I often forget about it in situations like this - thanks for the reminder.

I have implemented like this and it seems to be working well now. @netcarver - if you decide to revert to using this module, let me know how it goes for you.

• Like 2

What about the Restore tab?

I'm looking at the ProcessPageEdit.module and in ___BuildFormContent() is:

if($this->page->template->nameContentTab) {
    // add InputfieldPageName ...
}

But in ___BuildFormSettings() the condition is different:

if(($this->page->id > 1 || $this->hasLanguagePageNames) && !$this->page->template->nameContentTab) {
    // add InputfieldPageName ...
}

Why?

• Like 1

@matjazp - I'll take a look at the new Restore tab - thanks for the reminder.

As for the difference between those two conditions - that's a good question - I am not sure really - you'd think the check for homepage and languagePageNames would be relevant on the content tab as well. I guess maybe because you have to explicitly check the "Display 'name' field in content tab?" option for the home template it's up to you as the dev to decide if you want the name on the Content tab. 

The "Restore" tab is now supported.

I have also added a new option that lets you display the name field in the Content tab if you have hidden the Settings tab - default is not to show it though.

• Like 3

Hi @adrian

I'm seeing an error - apparently due to this module - when trying to add a Repeater item on a page where tabs have been hidden and I'm not logged in as a super-user (all ok when logged in as a Super.)

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function wrapAttr() on null in /site/modules/RestrictTabView/RestrictTabView.module:117 Stack trace:
#0 site/modules/RestrictTabView/RestrictTabView.module(79): RestrictTabView->removeTabs('Settings', Object(ProcessWire\HookEvent))
#1 /wire/core/Wire.php(383): RestrictTabView->afterBuildForm(Object(ProcessWire\HookEvent))
#2 /wire/core/WireHooks.php(825): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('afterBuildForm', Array)
#3 /wire/core/Wire.php(442): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\ProcessPageEdit), 'buildForm', Array)
#4 /wire/modules/Process/ProcessPageEdit/ProcessPageEdit.module(531): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('buildForm', Array)

<snip>

This causes ajax loaded repeater items to fail.

Guarding the call seems to fix it...

if ($pn instanceof Inputfield) {
                    $pn->wrapAttr('style', 'display:none;');
                }

• Like 1

Hello @adrian and @netcarver

I think I have the same issue here. When I try to hide the tab "Settings", I can't add a new repeater field item on a page if I'm logged in as a non-superuser. With other choices ("Children", "Restore", etc) there is no conflict.

• Like 1

@vincent Yes, sounds like the same problem. If you edit the .module file and make the change I posted above, your problem should be resolved.

I cloned the repo and added the change. Can you try my version from here and let me know if that fixes it for you. If so, I'll send a PR over to Adrian.

• Like 1

Thanks @netcarver and @vincent for finding this issue and getting a fix in place and tested. PR has been merged and the module updated!

Sorry for the delay - was away last week.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Robin S
      A community member raised a question and I thought a new sanitizer method for the purpose would be useful, hence...
      Sanitizer Transliterate
      Adds a transliterate method to $sanitizer that performs character replacements as defined in the module config. The default character replacements are based on the defaults from InputfieldPageName, but with uppercase characters included too.
      Usage
      Install the Sanitizer Transliterate module.
      Customise the character replacements in the module config as needed.
      Use the sanitizer on strings like so:
      $transliterated_string = $sanitizer->transliterate($string);

https://github.com/Toutouwai/SanitizerTransliterate
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/sanitizer-transliterate/

• By dimitrios
      Hello,
      this module can publish content of a Processwire page on a Facebook page, triggered by saving the Processwire page.
      To set it up, configure the module with a Facebook app ID, secret and a Page ID. Following is additional configuration on Facebook for developers:
      Minimum Required Facebook App configuration:
      on Settings -> Basics, provide the App Domains, provide the Site URL, on Settings -> Advanced, set the API version to 2.10, add Product: Facebook Login, on Facebook Login -> Settings, set Client OAuth Login: Yes, set Web OAuth Login: Yes, set Enforce HTTPS: Yes, add "http://www.example.com/processwire/page/" to field Valid OAuth Redirect URIs. This module is configurable as follows:
      Templates: posts can take place only for pages with the defined templates. On/Off switch: specify a checkbox field that will not allow the post if checked. Specify a message and/or an image for the post.
      Usage
      edit the desired PW page and save; it will post right after the initial Facebook log in and permission granting. After that, an access token is kept.

Download
      PW module directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/auto-fb-post/ Github: https://github.com/kastrind/AutoFbPost   Note: Facebook SDK for PHP is utilized.

• By thomasaull
      I created a little helper module to trigger a CI pipeline when your website has been changed. It's quite simple and works like this: As soon as you save a page the module sets a Boolean via a pages save after hook. Once a day via LazyCron the module checks if the Boolean is set and sends a POST Request to a configurable Webhook URL.
      Some ideas to extend this:
      make request type configurable (GET, POST) make the module trigger at a specified time (probably only possible with a server cronjob) trigger manually Anything else? If there's interest, I might put in some more functionality. Let me know what you're interested in. Until then, maybe it is useful for a couple of people 🙂
      Github Repo: https://github.com/thomasaull/CiTrigger
    • By Robin S
      I created this module a while ago and never got around to publicising it, but it has been outed in the latest PW Weekly so here goes the support thread...
      Unique Image Variations
      Ensures that all ImageSizer options and focus settings affect image variation filenames.

Background
      When using methods that produce image variations such as Pageimage::size(), ProcessWire includes some of the ImageSizer settings (height, width, cropping location, etc) in the variation filename. This is useful so that if you change these settings in your size() call a new variation is generated and you see this variation on the front-end.
      However, ProcessWire does not include several of the other ImageSizer settings in the variation filename:
      upscaling cropping, when set to false or a blank string interlace sharpening quality hidpi quality focus (whether any saved focus area for an image should affect cropping) focus data (the top/left/zoom data for the focus area) This means that if you change any of these settings, either in $config->imageSizerOptions or in an $options array passed to a method like size(), and you already have variations at the requested size/crop, then ProcessWire will not create new variations and will continue to serve the old variations. In other words you won't see the effect of your changed ImageSizer options on the front-end until you delete the old variations.
      Features
      The Unique Image Variations module ensures that any changes to ImageSizer options and any changes to the focus area made in Page Edit are reflected in the variation filename, so new variations will always be generated and displayed on the front-end.
      Installation
      Install the Unique Image Variations module.
      In the module config, set the ImageSizer options that you want to include in image variation filenames.
      Warnings
      Installing the module (and keeping one or more of the options selected in the module config) will cause all existing image variations to be regenerated the next time they are requested. If you have an existing website with a large number of images you may not want the performance impact of that. The module is perhaps best suited to new sites where image variations have not yet been generated.
      Similarly, if you change the module config settings on an existing site then all image variations will be regenerated the next time they are requested.
      If you think you might want to change an ImageSizer option in the future (I'm thinking here primarily of options such as interlace that are typically set in $config->imageSizerOptions) and would not want that change to cause existing image variations to be regenerated then best to not include that option in the module config after you first install the module.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/UniqueImageVariations
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/unique-image-variations/
    • By Sebi
      I've created a small module which lets you define a timestamp after which a page should be accessible. In addition you can define a timestamp when the release should end and the page should not be accessable any more.
      ProcessWire-Module: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/page-access-releasetime/
      Github: https://github.com/Sebiworld/PageAccessReleasetime
      Usage
      PageAccessReleasetime can be installed like every other module in ProcessWire. Check the following guide for detailed information: How-To Install or Uninstall Modules
      After that, you will find checkboxes for activating the releasetime-fields at the settings-tab of each page. You don't need to add the fields to your templates manually.
      Check e.g. the checkbox "Activate Releasetime from?" and fill in a date in the future. The page will not be accessable for your users until the given date is reached.
      If you have $config->pagefileSecure = true, the module will protect files of unreleased pages as well.
      How it works
      This module hooks into Page::viewable to prevent users to access unreleased pages:
      public function hookPageViewable($event) { $page = $event->object; $viewable = $event->return; if($viewable){ // If the page would be viewable, additionally check Releasetime and User-Permission $viewable = $this->canUserSee($page); } $event->return = $viewable; } To prevent access to the files of unreleased pages, we hook into Page::isPublic and ProcessPageView::sendFile.
      public function hookPageIsPublic($e) { $page = $e->object; if($e->return && $this->isReleaseTimeSet($page)) { $e->return = false; } } The site/assets/files/ directory of pages, which isPublic() returns false, will get a '-' as prefix. This indicates ProcessWire (with activated $config->pagefileSecure) to check the file's permissions via PHP before delivering it to the client.
      The check wether a not-public file should be accessable happens in ProcessPageView::sendFile. We throw an 404 Exception if the current user must not see the file.
      public function hookProcessPageViewSendFile($e) { $page = $e->arguments[0]; if(!$this->canUserSee($page)) { throw new Wire404Exception('File not found'); } } Additionally we hook into ProcessPageEdit::buildForm to add the PageAccessReleasetime fields to each page and move them to the settings tab.
      Limitations
      In the current version, releasetime-protected pages will appear in wire('pages')->find() queries. If you want to display a list of pages, where pages could be releasetime-protected, you should double-check with $page->viewable() wether the page can be accessed. $page->viewable() returns false, if the page is not released yet.
      If you have an idea how unreleased pages can be filtered out of ProcessWire selector queries, feel free to write an issue, comment or make a pull request!