marcus

wireshell - an extendable ProcessWire command line interface

Currently it's not easy for me to find the time to properly prepare a Virtual Windows10 machine with PHP/composer in order to reproduce. Are there any other Window users out there that can?

I assume you are using wireshell 1.0.2?

18 minutes ago, netcarver said:

@Mike Rockett Have the permissions changed on the containing directory such that there is no longer any write permission?

I'm on Windows, so there aren't any. If there were, the zip file would not have been written to the directory anyway. The issue seems to be with deleting the temp file, which causes the rename function to return false, which is when the IOException is thrown.

• Like 1

Hello

I am on windows 10 and I am having the same problem like Mike Rockett,  [Symfony\Component\Filesystem\Exception\IOException] Cannot rename ... 

@justb3a or @marcus, maybe a dump question, but when I want to upgrade an existing wire core installation with the latest dev-version, do I need to pass a sha-key to the command?

Yes. For version 3.0.106 this would be

$ wireshell upgrade --sha 643c9d3a87ddd8d579c4879c2382a9170466344b

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the clarification, now I know that I haven't overseen something. 🙂

But wouldn't it be better to have an alias for the lates-dev version, something like:

$ wireshell upgrade --latestdev

Otherwise I have to look up every time, (sometimes multiple times a week), for the latest dev sha-key and copy paste it into my CLI.

For example: As you can see, only one hour later than your post, the sha key to the latest dev has changed to: 637f81579e121af8ab4c4a12e21227b36ae0cd8a

• Like 2

On 6/20/2018 at 7:11 PM, horst said:

But wouldn't it be better to have an alias for the lates-dev version, something like:

$ wireshell upgrade --latestdev

Otherwise I have to look up every time, (sometimes multiple times a week), for the latest dev sha-key and copy paste it into my CLI.

For example: As you can see, only one hour later than your post, the sha key to the latest dev has changed to: 637f81579e121af8ab4c4a12e21227b36ae0cd8a

Bump! @marcus, any chance to get an alias for upgrading to the latest dev?

Won't find the time to implement this anytime soon, sorry. Everybody feel free to submit a PR regarding this and maybe ping core contributor @justb3a regarding release

• Like 2

On 10/29/2018 at 7:15 PM, horst said:

Bump! @marcus, any chance to get an alias for upgrading to the latest dev?

Just in case, I use those alias to install or upgrade my installs :

# ProcessWire Wireshell bash alias
# grab and install the latest ProcessWire development version from the latest commit
alias pwnew='wireshell new --sha=`git ls-remote https://github.com/processwire/processwire refs/heads/dev | cut -f1`'
# upgrade to the latest ProcessWire development version from the latest commit
alias pwup='wireshell upgrade --sha=`git ls-remote https://github.com/processwire/processwire refs/heads/dev | cut -f1`'

https://gist.github.com/flydev-fr/addcf54fa8348de20115d3c1314ddb3d

• Like 4

Hi everyone, wireshell currently conflicts with newer versions of symfony/console – to workaround this, you cam use cgr to install wireshell.

$ composer global require consolidation/cgr

Make sure to add the correct bin directory to your PATH:

PATH="$(composer config -g home)/vendor/bin:$PATH"

Then add wireshell:

$ cgr wireshell/wireshell

Reload the console, voila – wireshell again.

• Like 4

hi,

as you might noticed I'm no longer active in the field of PHP and ProcessWire. I tried to continue supporting my modules and wireshell but it turned out that it just doesn't work well if you don't work with it yourself anymore.
I would be very happy if someone would be interested in taking over and developing this further.
Just write me a message. 😀 😊

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

On 10/13/2019 at 12:07 PM, justb3a said:

I'm no longer active in the field of PHP and ProcessWire

😢

@justb3a Good luck on your (new) way and many, many thanks for all your contributions !! 😄 ❤️ 👍

• Like 9

On 9/6/2019 at 12:08 AM, Noel Boss said:

Hi everyone, wireshell currently conflicts with newer versions of symfony/console – to workaround this, you cam use cgr to install wireshell.

Thanks!

Anyone interesting in taking this project over? Given tools like this are part and parcel of a good developer experience these days I feel it is important to keep this project active to attract new devs.

I would happily contrib to setting up new docs. Just been mucking around with vuepress, makes docs a cinch.

• Like 4

Also think getting it at least installable with composer, if not packaged as phar file would help for now.

• Like 1

Hi, @bernhard! The most important part for me is being able to install PW from the cli (maybe from a shell script) to automate the initial and subsequent configuration testing (implemented with RockMigrations, of course)) So basically the same need as you tried to solve with the kickstart.

• Like 1

Hi @bernhard ! Pretty much the same use as @Ivan Gretsky. I also use the backup functionality when making batch migrations of data along multiple installations or just when I want to do it quickly from cli. 

Hi @bernhard,

Nice work! I'm currently working on something very similiar. Focus would be also mainly triggering the install process via CLI to automate the setup process of new projects.

Further on I want to add the possibility to add Fields and Repeater Matrix Content Types via CLI.

18 minutes ago, joshua said:

Further on I want to add the possibility to add Fields and Repeater Matrix Content Types via CLI.

That's simply bootstrapping PW in a command, then loading rockmigrations and doing

$rm->createField(...);

• Like 4

That's right! Currently I'm doing this with a pretty custom python script, which runs updates directly in the database. But RockMigrations seems to be a better solution - solid as a "rock" 😉 and easy to handle. Thanks!

Well. Solid as rock might not be exactly true 😇 There are some parts that do not always work as expected (install other languages, do modules->refresh(), ...). But most of it works great and I think it's the best tool that we have at the moment. 🙂