New Site: personal page / folio

heldercervantes

Hi guys.

This is my first project with PW, my personal site and portfolio. Check it out:

http://www.heldercervantes.com

This is an almost clean PW installation, with only the file type repeater module for all my repeating needs :)

Had an awesome time with PW and will definitely explore it further on future projects.

• Like 18

Thanks for the remarks.

I have to say that working with ProcessWire was nothing short of spectacular. I'm mainly a frontend guy, and the API's simplicity is just perfect for me. Got the site running using only php echos and foreach statements, literally coding it amidst conversations with friends and half looking at my screen. So simple and logic. Plus the barebones + modules approach to the CMS ensures a super clean and streamlined product. No posts module that you don't need, no unnecessary fields, just zero clutter.

• Like 9

Networking time! Temos que combinar uma cerveja :)

Oh, you're in Porto, great! I'll travel to Germany next week and stay there for 2 weeks, but when I come back just tell me a place :)

@adrianmak, yes it is. I used swiper for the slideshow and built my own way to turn it into a menu of sorts. That way I was able to have deeplinking and make it behave like a multipage sans-pageloads.

I also used lazy image loader so all the big images in each project would load only when needed.

• Like 1

@adrianmak, yes it is. I used swiper for the slideshow and built my own way to turn it into a menu of sorts. That way I was able to have deeplinking and make it behave like a multipage sans-pageloads.

I also used lazy image loader so all the big images in each project would load only when needed.

How to manage pages at back-end for a single page website ?

Isn't  a single home template, all pages will display on that template

It's quite simple. I have a "portfolio" page, and a bunch of child pages for each project. Then on the template I just did a foreach cycle to repeat a block of HTML for each project:

<?php

$projects = $pages->get('/portfolio/');
foreach($projects->children as $project) {
   echo "<div id=\"{$project->name}\" class=\"page\">";
   echo "<h3 class=\"projectTitle\"><span>".$project->monster_label."</span></h3>";
}

?>

In my site I have to do this on 2 separate locations. One for the slideshow and another further down for the actual content.

I have a separate page type for the about block, with its own fields.

Can I ask what you built the Volvo CRM with?

Also feel free to submit yourself to the dev directory at http://directory.processwire.com

Volvo's solution is custom-built from scratch. At YAP we have our own CMS platform that we've been building and improving over the years. There's a smaller project that I convinced our coders to try out PW and see how it compares to using our own platform. It will be interesting to see how that goes.

Oh and thanks for the tip. I just added myself to the directory.

• Like 1

Building one right now. For what Helder did, you could use a pliugin like this http://www.bytemuse.com/Pagify

The one I'm building is a bit more complex because the url and the title are updated according to the real url and title of the page using html5 pushstate. In my case I'm using this technique http://rosspenman.com/pushstate-jquery/

There's also this one http://weblinc.github.io/jquery.smoothState.js/  I didn't use because it didn't fit my needs for this site. but looks great.

• Like 2

OnTopic: Stunning site and great designs. You're very talented. Great to have you here!

On SPAs: We also did a "single page Website" with transitions recently (going to make a post on this somewhen in the near future). The transitions are based on a codrops experiment. For the URL-part we used History.js, every page is a "real" page but only renders it's content if it's loaded via ajax. This way even users without JS can view every page. I think this is the "cleanest" way to do "SPAs". 

• Like 2