Broken "Admin Theme"-Field

thmsnhl

Hi everyone,

I have trouble with one of my PW-sites, I wanted to disable the "admin theme"-field in the user-profile settings.

My first attempt was to go to "Setup->Fields" -> "show built-in-fields" -> "admin_theme" -> "input->visibility" and change "Show this field only if..." to "role!=texter" now I hit "save" and checked if it worked correctly. It did not, so I decided to undo my steps and leave the "Show this..."-field empty. But now the radio-buttons in user-profile settings, to choose an admin theme, are gone completely and I have no idea how to fix this.

I would really appreciate any help. 

Cheers, 
Tommy

post-1946-0-48959000-1426858649_thumb.jp

Hey there,

First, I think the field is "roles" not "role" - at least that's what my lister tells me (you can see the lister selector when debug mode is on)... anyway I don't think that's your main problem.

I followed the exact same steps you did and the same thing happened to me - after I set a condition in inputfield dependency ("roles=38") for admin_theme field, which didn't work to hide the field - I removed the condition, and after that the field is not showing its options.

So then I created two test fields (one integer and one Pagefield with radio selection for single Page only) and added it to user, then I followed the exact same steps (show only if "roles=38") - and it worked perfectly for both of them. Both fields show up in the edit-page of the users with role=38(superuser role in my case), but not in any of the others.

So I'm thinking this may be a quirk of the admin_theme field. Ryan will probably take a look at it when he sees this, or you can post to github to get his attention if it's urgent. :)