My first PW site

tuxy

This is my first site I made for a client with PW:

http://www.springbeestjes.be

It is a simple online shop used (for the moment) PayPal.

It is expandable for the future.

Modules:

- Maintenance module http://modules.processwire.com/modules/maintenance-mode/

I want to thank all the PW-people who helped me learning and understanding PW, also for the fast and good support.

I like this CMS!!!

Now I preparing the next project  :rolleyes:

Regards,

Christophe

• Like 9

Hi tuxy,

Nice site! I really like the fun design, and I visited it both on my phone and my computer, and the experience is very smooth on both devices, well done!

Initially, my reaction to the purchasing process was that it would be better to have a cart functionality, so that a client can add several items before buying. Then I noticed that you use PayPal as a cart solution, which makes purchasing both simple and fast. I didn't know that you could do that, it's a really useful tip, so thanks!

I just wanted to mention that the "hier" link on this page doesn't lead anywhere, and that the "Privacy en Disclaimer" page is basically empty. Also, you have an "Andere" product category with a badge showing one item, but no items are visible in the category.

• Like 1

Hi tuxy,

Nice site! I really like the fun design, and I visited it both on my phone and my computer, and the experience is very smooth on both devices, well done!

Initially, my reaction to the purchasing process was that it would be better to have a cart functionality, so that a client can add several items before buying. Then I noticed that you use PayPal as a cart solution, which makes purchasing both simple and fast. I didn't know that you could do that, it's a really useful tip, so thanks!

I just wanted to mention that the "hier" link on this page doesn't lead anywhere, and that the "Privacy en Disclaimer" page is basically empty. Also, you have an "Andere" product category with a badge showing one item, but no items are visible in the category.

Hi,

Thx for the feedback.

It's a first version.

For now it is a very basic solution. If you buy a product, then it's go to the external PayPal cart-option and there you can select the quantity.

It's not the best solution, but it works  :mellow:

Yes, its very simple making a shopping-cart only with PayPal. In PayPal you can generate a button and then customizing the html. Its very easy.

Here you see the customized PayPal-button code:

<?php

foreach($products as $product) {
echo "<form class='buy-button' target='paypal' action='https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr' method='post'>";
echo "<input type='hidden' name='cmd' value='_cart'>";
echo "<input type='hidden' name='business' value='your@mail.com'>";
echo "<input type='hidden' name='lc' value='BE'>";
echo "<input type='hidden' name='item_name' value='{$product->title}'>";
echo "<input type='hidden' name='item_number' value='{$product->art_nr}'>";
echo "<input type='hidden' name='amount' value='{$product->art_price}'>";
echo "<input type='hidden' name='currency_code' value='EUR'>";
echo "<input type='hidden' name='button_subtype' value='products'>";
echo "<input type='hidden' name='add' value='1'>";
echo "<input type='hidden' name='bn' value='PP-ShopCartBF:btn_cart_LG.gif:NonHosted'>";
echo "<button type='submit' class='btn btn-primary' name='submit'><i class='fa fa-shopping-cart'></i> Nu kopen!</button>";
};

I know some pages are not completed, this is work for the client, also the 'hidden' product in the 'Andere' catagory.

I sayed him, but for the moment he have no time in the next days for complete the contents on the pages.

Next weekend I go to the client and gives him some support, and help him a little how to add, edit or remove pages/products.

In a next version I developing a internal cart solution. I want to try this with the shop-module, but this have now mail support  :(

In the next weeks I try developing a mail-function that send a mail to the administrator and the customer if the cart submitted.

I hope you understand my bad english  :P

Regards,

Christophe

• Like 1

Hey, thanks for the code, that's really useful. And I understand your English perfectly!

Developing a custom cart solution is pretty straightforward with the $session variable, otherwise you can also check Foxy Cart. I haven't used it myself, but I remember some people mentioning that they did and they seemed pretty happy with it.

• Like 1

I want to thank all the PW-people who helped me learning and understanding PW, also for the fast and good support.

No problem because you are a fast learner :)

Foxy Cart is not free

Besides Foxy Cart you can have a look at Open Cart. It's open source and I am using it with great results.

It is stable, easy for both coder and end user and many extensions available.

• Like 2

Thank you @pwired  :rolleyes:

I'm a webdeveloper-hobbyist and have many years working with Drupal and in the beginning of the internet i'm interesting in html etc.

I'm not a hardcore programmer, but studying myself PHP, HTML, CSS, jQuery, SASS, ...

I looking to Open Cart and it like a really nice system.

I give this a try, thank you for the info  ;)

Christophe