French (fr-FR)

Guillaume

Until then, I also wanted to show you how easy it is to use the translation functions in your own site templates. Here is a short video that demonstrates how to do it:

http://processwire.com/videos/processwire-language-translation-example/

I like it, well thought implementation. Oh, and smart of you to reuse Wordpress documentation for the plurals and disambiguation by context. I must confess I didn't understand what exactly is "disambiguation by context" but it's late here in France so I'm tired and this is my excuse :)

In over news, I updated my french translation with the singular version in ProcessPageSearch, ZIP attached. Ryan, will we be able to push our translation updates on Github?

ProcessWire-Language-French.zip

• 1 month later...

Yes, it should be like the setup sub pages config :)

Here is a progress for the french language files, i suggest that we add a forum section called "translation" with topics for each language so we can share and use the language packs easily.

https://rapidshare.c...33721/fr_FR.zip

PS : you have to change the folder structure in the json files to the default, because i have change it to sweet my needs.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I will post a link in 1 or 2 days for the download link(and repo link) of the french translation. I have done updates here and there. There's much to do so I welcome any help :).

@eincande

Do you have some experience with github? if not it's not a problem, we will be able to collaborate in a different way.

Hello,

I've started to use github a few days ago. I'm still not fluent with it but i can find my way around it.

Personnaly i prefer to use a mercurial depot as i work on windows 7. The command line tools seems easier.

Anyway, happy to help !

ps: vous êtes français ?

• 4 months later...

Any news on this? How far is it translated already? Especially it would be useful to have translated Comments module and anything that could be shown on front-end. I think they're all missing yet.

Can this @underk repo be added to the French pack already on modules.processwire.com instead of the download link to this forum. I didn't realize there's a repo on github already.

Can this @underk repo be added to the French pack already on modules.processwire.com instead of the download link to this forum. I didn't realize there's a repo on github already.

I think underk hasn't  seen your message yet, so I went ahead and updated the project URL / download link to point to the GitHub repo. 

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

sorry I was a kinda far away.

I've accepted the merge on my github. I should be able to accept any merge in the future. To note we now have a branch with an incomplete translation for 2.3 that have most important strings translated (create pages, users, etc..). Master is the version of Pierre-Luc (2.5.3).

A big thank's to Pierre-Luc for the amazing job at finishing the translation!

I cannot change the default repository, but if someone feels the need I don't have any objections.

• Like 1

No problem underk, and I'm glad to provide this translation for all PW users and devs!

Also thanks a lot for merging, I don't mind either way if my repo becomes default, or if you add me as a collaborator (repo settings > collaborators) in GitHub so I can commit to it, just a long as we make sure it can easily be kept maintained over the years.

Right now the readme.md would need some modification, since the url to Issues points to my repo. In addition, I didn't know the name of all previous translators, so I pretty much just nuked the old readme, but I would have liked to be able to credit previous translators for their work, it was a good starting point.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am pleased to announce the full release of version 2.6.1 of the language pack. (Versioning now moving to match that of PW itself)

I setup a new module info section in the modules repo. http://modules.processwire.com/modules/french-language-pack/ (might not be live as you read this) Also, the GitHub repo is moving to https://github.com/plauclair/pw-lang-fr/.

Head over to the releases page for download https://github.com/plauclair/pw-lang-fr/releases.

Enjoy!

• Like 5

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...