German (de-DE) not maintained

thanks for the update (MarkupWeather). Will wait until Nikola is ready.

BTW: there's an error in your pr (german string inside):

instead of:
$out .= "<div class='location'><h3>Aktuelles Wetter in...

must be:
$out .= "<div class='location'><h3>" . $location[0]['city'] . "</h3>...
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Heads up for everyone, I just now updated the “stable” German language pack for 2.6.0, which – as usual by now – means a lot of work, mostly by Manfred, (translating all the things) followed by a little work by me (including a manual merge this time  >:().

As usual, thanks to all the contributors, especially Manfred for his relentless efforts.

Everyone, enjoy and please report anything you may find wrong or worth improving, ideally in a pull request at  O0 Edit: Yeah, URL would have been good, right? Report at https://github.com/yellowled/pw-lang-de, please.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

thanks for the hint. There are 2 new files to translate in 2.6.17. Translation updates are now available (https://github.com/Manfred62/pw-lang-de-dev).

The "Edit" must first be added in the wire/templates-admin/default.php to get translated. In my translation file it's already included.

See GitHub: https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/issues/1397

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to update the system notification settings for the order with other descriptions. With the current translation it's really hard to differ what means what. I'd rather use something like "newest first" or "oldest first", which makes clear which notifications will be above others.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to update the system notification settings for the order with other descriptions. With the current translation it's really hard to differ what means what. I'd rather use something like "newest first" or "oldest first", which makes clear which notifications will be above others.

changed to "Neueste zuerst" and "Älteste zuerst"

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Has someone used this in combination with PW 3.0.8?

No problems here in 3.0.8. Have you installed the files into the default language or made a second language? In default you only have to reload the page. If you are using another language, then you have to set it in the user profile.

Has someone used this in combination with PW 3.0.8?

I've installed it (like in PW 2), set the installed language in my profile, logged out / in, deleted the cache – but no translation anywhere :-/

Works for me as well... As always, I simply added the files to the default language.

Thanks for your continuous efforts, Manfred!  :-)

Sorry for late reply... I have now set my profile for perpetual notifications if a thread has new posts

No problems here in 3.0.8. Have you installed the files into the default language or made a second language? In default you only have to reload the page. If you are using another language, then you have to set it in the user profile.

I've made a second language and added it to the profile.

For testing I have re-installed the language module, but still doesn't work. 

I remember the de-language was missing suddenly, not after the update. Will try a fresh installation for testing purposes...

EDIT: I've no done a fresh installation of PW 3 with the language files and now it worked! 

• 4 months later...

Ich habe das mit GIT noch nicht 100% bei "fremden" Repos raus - anbei daher hier ein Archiv mit meinen heutigen Korrekturvorschlägen von Rechtschreibfehlern.

In Zukunft versuche ich natürlich, alles selbst über Git anzubieten.

Archiv.zip

Update: Sorry, again in English:

Encl. an archive with my correction attempts. This time I send the files for you to check and migrate them, but I promise to learn how to do this myself with Git.

34 minutes ago, ceberlin said:

I promise to learn how to do this myself with Git.

Fork the repository on github. Work with this your forked repository like with any other. Submit a pull request on the original repo, which pulls in your changed branch.

@LostKobrakai Actually it's some specific rights(?) problem with the git tool I use (git-tower.com). Submission failed somehow - Nothing to discuss here in public I think. I just need to look further to my setup and maybe contact the software-developers. But thanks for helping, anyway.

• Like 1

The pull request is up now, bypassing my software and working on the GitHub Site directly. Let's see how that worked.

I think the quality of the German files is very good already (thank you guys) - so I want to address only a few things that I stumbled upon:

I wonder what you want to do with the "Denglish". I believe that you are right not to translate everything. For Devs, working with the backend, it is often clearer to leave certain English words (like html tags, "hover", as they are). I well remember the over-translated Dreamweaver from my past. But they could be set in quotes (or single quotes)? Same as examples for input and results - like 'null', '0', '1'?

Have you set up some catalogue already somewhere about certain words and translation you prefer to use, in case there are more possibilities?

Like choosing between "Anmelden" and "Login" or "Log-in" (Duden recommendation) which basically means the same and are all ok to use in Germany?

(It would be a consistent language within the application - especially in a multi-translators environment.)

If that list does not exist, I could try to build a small one, when working further with the files - the list could be part of the repo.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • horst locked this topic