FormBuilder Email Extentions

LostKobrakai

This module does provide two different added functionalities to FormBuilder.

1. The module does allow users to set default "From" email addresses for emails send to administrators.

There's a global address, which is set in the modules settings, and a additional field in the settings for "Send an email to administrator(s)", where one can set a form specific emailaddress to override the global one. Both of those are overridden if you chose to use the "Email from field" setting and the returned value is not blank.

2. The module does add an additional syntax for the textfield where administrator emails are set.

If you have a pagefield in your form, where one can choose from the potential users, that should be emailed about your form submission, you don't need to write extensive conditional lines like this:

personInCharge=SomeUser?someuser@example.com
personInCharge=AnotherUser?anotheruser@example.com 

You can simply add a email field to the template of those users and use the email provided there.

!personInCharge?email

The syntax says get the user(s) from the field "personInCharge" and send email(s) to the addresses provided by the "email" field of the selected page.

https://github.com/LostKobrakai/FormBuilderEmailExtentions

Thanks to madeprojects.com for letting me share this. They'll pay the time I spend to build it.

• Like 8

• 4 years later...

Can you help me out understanding the working of the extensions: 

If I have a template basic_page_with_contact_form

and in this template, I have a field personInCharge (type e-mail)

Now I make few page's using the basic_page_with_contact_form template, for example page1 with e-mail test1@website.io and page2 with e-mail test2@website.io

and I put different e-mail addresses in the field personInCharge

Now I build a form with few fields for example name, age, town 

In the settings (Actions) of the form I check Send e-mail to administrators and I fill it with:

!personInCharge?email

Then I embed the form in the basic_page_with_contact_form template

Now if I go to page1 and fill in the form with name, age, town fields would the submit form be sent to test1@website.io ?

I tried to set it up the following way (the result is that the e-mail submission is not sent), smpt settings are ok, this is on PW version 3.