What happened with modx v.3 ?

pwired

There was a lot of focus on enterprise that crept into revo, so I like the sound of the added simplicity with 3.0. When I picked up a ModX evo site because of a new client, I remember being pretty impressed. I felt a sort of bond between myself and the Ukrainian guy who had apparently coded it; we both seemed annoyed by inefficiency. I still wonder if evo made him feel the same way it made me feel, kind of sad but hoping there would still be some nifty changes down the road for ModX.

Just the other day while on a hike I was thinking about making some kind of "Bob's Guides"-type site for ProcessWire, because man, that site really helped a few times when I was working with ModX.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

@MarcC

Just the other day while on a hike I was thinking about making some kind of "Bob's Guides"-type site for ProcessWire, because man, that site really helped a few times when I was working with ModX.

this is a great idea!

Frank, I don't really know where modx is heading to. As for myself, having used Evo for more than 8 years, I was really pissed when Revo emerged.  Since then I permanently had bad feelings, when using Evo for a new projects. Development off add ons drop to close to nil. 

Glad I found PW. Still in the process of getting used to it, but I'll eventually get the hang of it.

Guess I will never go back to modx.

• Like 1

@bbeer, I know the feeling, damn you Revo! All the way to hell!

But looking on the bright side, while modx was nice to develop on, it feels like my current choice of CMS is simply a classier and more hardened unit ;-)   So I'm kinda glad Revo came along and killed Evo. PW will take a bit more killing thou...

• Like 1