Sign in to follow this  
gesp

Transfered a website to new host - DB connect error 1045

Hi there,

I have recently transferred my Processwire to a different host. I have created a database and imported to the new host server and have transferred all the files Processwire. I have also created a database user and updated the config.php file with the necessary information and I am getting the following error in debug mode:

Fatal error: Exception: DB connect error 1045 - Access denied for user 'admin'@'192.249.113.81' (using password: YES) (in /home/admin/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 96) #0 /home/admin/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(45): ProcessWire->load(Object(Config)) #1 /home/admin/public_html/index.php(183): ProcessWire->__construct(Object(Config)) #2 {main} in/home/admin/public_html/index.php on line 214
This error message was shown because site is in debug mode ($config->debug = true; in /site/config.php). Error has been logged.

Any clues of what is happening? Can anyone please help me?

Thanks

Check if your new database is really consistent with your old one.

You should migrate database tables only.

Write permissions are ok ? Make sure that the files/folders in the assets folder are writable.

What about your root .htaccess file, rewrite base, etc. ?

You can find classical migration problems solved many times before in the forum.

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/4199-exporting-importing-database-error-access-denied-for-user-user-namelocalhost-to-database-database-name/

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/3113-how-to-transfer-processwire-from-local-installation-to-online/

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/8792-403-forbidden-when-saving-homepage/

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/1211-impossible-to-login-after-migration/

• Like 1

Also, make sure the host part for the user matches the web server IP (or is "%" as a wildcard).

select user, host from mysql.user;

lists all configured users and their allowed source hosts.

If that matches, check your user's permissions.

show grants for 'admin'@'192.249.113.81';

(or 'admin'@'%' if you specified a wildcard, whatever the user table showed). Check the exact database naming and, if all that fails, also reset the password.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this