Tip jar on Modules directory

Pierre-Luc

I'm committed to make all my PW modules MIT licensed for the sake of seeing PW become more well-rounded, but it would be a nice touch to be able to link my Stripe/PayPal account to receive donations. 

Is that something you guys are interested in? I wouldn't mind putting in some time to add that feature on the website if desired.

I mentioned this a while back here https://processwire.com/talk/topic/8486-supporting-processwire-module-authors/ but there didn't seem to be much interest in this.

I haven't currently released any modules but appreciate others that have taken the time to make and support them and have at times wanted to give at least some beer money to the authors.

I think it helps to keep the spirit of open source alive and gives appreciation to those that have used their own time to share and support their modules.

• Like 2

If someone want to give something for modules that I have shared, I would much appreciate if he/she donate something for children or children's projects where he/she lives. :-)

There is no better investment than our children and it makes good spirit and good karma! :-)

Edit:

just to clarify: By "our children" I mean all (our) children! :)

Edited by horst
  • Like 5

If someone want to give something for modules that I have shared, I would much appreciate if he/she donate something for children or children's projects where he/she lives. :-)

There is no better investment than our children and it makes good spirit and good karma! :-)

I will do just that. My son will be very happy.

• Like 4

@dazzyweb, I just saw your discussion, sorry about that! 

Well, instead of adding the feature natively, we could just as well have a link in the top-left menu where documentation/support links are. Leave it up to the dev to create his own donation process if they want.. I think that'd be plenty!

• Like 5

I wouldn't find anything wrong with a link or button linking to a donation page.  In fact I encourage it if it keeps you producing modules to enhance PW.  In fact, the latest dev branch that has the imaging cropping tools made me want to donate something to Ryan.

• Like 2

I bought Profields and ProForms during the Black Friday Sale.  It was a win win considering the time saved. 

Another thing I could always do is to remember the person who created a plugin or module and then when i need something similar, contract that developer to create a module/plugin for me.  This is something that makes me appreciate the work that went into building the developer directory.

• Like 1