Formbuilder not sending email with MAMP setup

sambadave

I'm having a little bit of trouble since swapping from PC (running WAMP) to MAC (running MAMP).

I managed to get my site copied across to my MAC local server and everything is running fine... but I've noticed that when I submit a form (originally created using the very awesome formbuilder) that the email doesn't send and I don't get any confirmation email either.

Does anyone know where I might be going wrong or where a good starting point would be? I just double checked the form on my windows machine (running WAMP) where both the email and confirmation email sent with no hiccups.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, you didn't tell us what mamp you are using
free or pro version.

From your terminal verify that /usr/sbin/sendmail
exists and can be called by your apache/php user.

From the cli, as your apache/php user, try sending
an email using sendmail:

# sendmail -v you@email.com
testing

Check that your MAMP mail function is enabled as it is not always by default
and you have to enable it yourself.

Navigate to Applications\MAMP\conf folder and look for the folder that corresponds

to your php version and open the php.ini file contained within with a text editor.

Scroll down to the section that says [mail function].

;sendmail_from = me@example.com

Change the parts there using the appropriate email address and smtp hosted on your server.

e.g. make sure you change your email from yourname@example.com to your own email.

You can also use postfix as it comes preinstalled on OS X
and requires almost no configuration

• Like 1

Hi guys

Apologies for not responding sooner. I didn't receive a notification that you had responded. Thanks very much for all the tips. That gives me a good few options to work through. Terminal isn't my strong point but I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on.

Lovely helpful bunch of folks you are indeed :)

... Oh and I'm using the free version of MAMP.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, apologies for such a late response on this. I had to put this project on the backburner for a few months.

cstevensjr – I installed the WireMailSmtp module, filled in the relevant fields and my tests are working now.

pwired – Thanks for the response too. I don't doubt your solution would have helped but I tried cstevensjr's solution first and it worked.

Thanks so much for the help folks, I appreciate it.

• Like 1