Adding plugins to CKEditor help?

ndolph

I'm attempting to add a plugin to CKEditor, specifically this one -> http://ckeditor.com/addon/fontawesome

So far, its installed and working, but I had to put a copy of the plugin in the ckeditor-4.4.3 folder under wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldCKEditor/ckeditor-4.4.3/plugins to make it work.

Whatever, that is no big deal, but now when I add a fontawesome icon, I hit save and nothing in that field is saved....

I think it has to do with step 5 of the installation that I didn't do and don't know where to place..

1. In your HTML's <head> section add this code:
    • <script>CKEDITOR.dtd.$removeEmpty['span'] = false;</script>

Any assistance would be nice to know how to get this all working properly....

Edit- Okay, it seems that these repeaters are not saving properly? I can't get it to save anything in the body field...

• 3 months later...

I have a plugin Font Awesome for CKEditor by DOKSoft. And I do not have your problem at all. My add-on makes all needed configurations itself. You need only turn on the plugin:

config.extraPlugins = 'doksoft_font_awesome';

and add buttons to the toolbar of editor.

ckeditor-font-awesome-scree.png

Edited by diogo
removed link

@web-master, 

My add-on makes all needed configurations itself. You need only turn on the plugin:

config.extraPlugins = 'doksoft_font_awesome';

@web-master, and how would you do that in PW specifically? I'm sorry but I won't let you link to your plugin if you don't, at least, answer this question.

The questions was about the installation of a plugin in ProcessWire. If you give instructions on how to install the plugin in ProcessWire, add it to a field and show that it does a better job then the plugin referred by the OP, especially if documented with screenshots of the plugin working in the PW admin. We will gladly let you link to it.