Here is a little fix:

In your templates/admin.php add a custom css file:

$config->styles->add($config->urls->templates . "styles/admin.css");
require($config->paths->adminTemplates . 'controller.php'); 

in templates/styles/admin.css

.PageList .PageListItem:hover .PageListActions {
    display: inline-block !important;
}

Nice find! But I think it just cures the syndrome and to be honest, it's kind of dependency nightmare to create a generic css-file which patch problems of a certain module. The real pain is: ImageExtra does not pay attention to the new UIkit classes completely.

I suggest the following: replace the $out in the method renderLinkItemField with:

$out = '<div class="InputfieldImageEdit__additional--' . $name . '">' .
        '<label class="uk-form-label detail" for="' . $fieldName . '">' . $field->label . '</label>' .
        '<div class="InputfieldContent uk-form-controls" style="padding:0;">' .
            $field->render() . '
        </div>' .
    '</div>';

Overall I think ImageExtra from @justb3a is still a great module, but it is somewhat dated and needs some love.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

For some reason, without doing any changes on my part to the PW install over the last 2 years, the image extra field that I had set up disappeard just now from the edit page:

I have setup the image field with a custom text input as follows:

619134391_2019-06-2509_54_38-EditField_article_imagesanglejournal_com.thumb.png.f770541f05ea1eb8193df407caf59b87.png

But I do not see this with the image when editing a page:

1112972030_2019-06-2509_56_32-Inbox.thumb.png.232f7176891999cd48a0c8f711194634.png

In the database, the field is available and filled for all "old" pages that were created a while back:

928902479_2019-06-2509_58_10-anglejournal.com_localhost_anglejou_pw_field_article_images_phpMyAdmin4.png.f8736b95821d984ad35fbc95a306e4d2.png

[Note: I have just now, after the issue occured, manually changed the default in the table from None to "" as it otherwise would not have allowed me to upload any new images]

Did anyone encounter this before? How do I get the field back to show when editing pages?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Best

Lars

• 1 month later...

Hey!
I just installed this module on a fresh PW  3.0.123
Everything works fine - thanks for that!
Little Issue  when the size of the description field is set to "0": After upload of an image, the input fields of the extrafields also are missing - only the labels are visible.

After first save everything works correct!

imageExtra.png

Hope, this was not discussed before ... - thanks for any help!

• 2 months later...
On 6/25/2019 at 10:01 AM, Lars282 said:

Hi.

For some reason, without doing any changes on my part to the PW install over the last 2 years, the image extra field that I had set up disappeard just now from the edit page:

I have setup the image field with a custom text input as follows:

619134391_2019-06-2509_54_38-EditField_article_imagesanglejournal_com.thumb.png.f770541f05ea1eb8193df407caf59b87.png

But I do not see this with the image when editing a page:

1112972030_2019-06-2509_56_32-Inbox.thumb.png.232f7176891999cd48a0c8f711194634.png

In the database, the field is available and filled for all "old" pages that were created a while back:

928902479_2019-06-2509_58_10-anglejournal.com_localhost_anglejou_pw_field_article_images_phpMyAdmin4.png.f8736b95821d984ad35fbc95a306e4d2.png

[Note: I have just now, after the issue occured, manually changed the default in the table from None to "" as it otherwise would not have allowed me to upload any new images]

Did anyone encounter this before? How do I get the field back to show when editing pages?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Best

Lars

I have the same problem.

Installed the module. 

There is no selection of fields where the extra fields should be added (as in some tutorials)

The field for adding extra fields is available at every image field

image.png.2b09c79977a14aa631213ce82a4187dd.png

but the fields do not show up. Any solutions for this?

image.thumb.png.705b08913d5555a884d7b46fb853fdf6.png

ProcessWire 3.0.123

Image Extra 

Version

Using the Module and the fields at some other PW installations, there it works.

@NoremPload ProcessWire 3.0.142 (which is a dev version and very recently released) brings in the ability to have custom fields for images.  I personally had some issues with this ImageExtra plugin and stopped using it a while ago (it's been a few years).  Also the author is no longer working with ProcessWire so there's also that.  I'd recommend putting in the extra work to do it the new, native way:

https://processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.142/

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jonathan Lahijani said:

@NoremPload ProcessWire 3.0.142 (which is a dev version and very recently released) brings in the ability to have custom fields for images.  I personally had some issues with this ImageExtra plugin and stopped using it a while ago (it's been a few years).  Also the author is no longer working with ProcessWire so there's also that.  I'd recommend putting in the extra work to do it the new, native way:

https://processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.142/

Thank You !!!! Upgraded to 3.0.143 and it works. Spent hours yesterday to get this fixed, you saved me some more hours working on it ;)

• 5 months later...

Hi again ?

I have a strange problem now with the custom fields for images. 

I have used this for some time now and it worked fine, but now (on an other installation - ProcessWire 3.0.148) i have a strang problem with it.

Image is in a repeater and i have added a template with field-xyz for it. The extra fields are there but if i upload a new image and fill out the extra fields, they are not saving. 

If i fill them out a second time (when the image is already uploaded) it works fine.

Any idea?

12 minutes ago, adrian said:

@NoremPload - this functionality is now in the PW core: https://processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.142/#custom-fields-for-files-images

I would recommend that over this module now.

Thanks, i'm allready using this "version" - Sorry if there was a missunderstanding.

I'm really confused. I have two image fields (same structure) one in a repeater, one not in a repeater. one is working fine, the other one is only saving the values the second time i save it.

i played around with the fields now. All fields are working fine if NOT used in a repeater, if used in a repeater, they won't save the first time.

3 hours ago, NoremPload said:

Thanks, i'm allready using this "version" - Sorry if there was a missunderstanding.

You are posting in the support thread for the third-party Image Extra module.

3 hours ago, NoremPload said:

All fields are working fine if NOT used in a repeater, if used in a repeater, they won't save the first time.

This is already reported in the GitHub issues repo: https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/1070

• Like 1