Module: Image Extra

justb3a

6 hours ago, mauricemoss said:

Hey @justb3a

I'm using your module together with matrix some repeaters fields at the moment and get the following notice:

Notice: Undefined index: title in C:\xampp\htdocs\intern\oneslider\site\modules\ImageExtra\ImageExtra.module on line 523

PW: 3.0.62 / ImageExtra: 1.0.6

Hi @mauricemoss, there's already a PR for this issue here: https://github.com/justb3a/processwire-imageextra/pull/30

I hope @justb3a takes it into account for her next release.

• Thanks 1

I have a sudden problem with this module. The "Image extra fields" don't show up any more. Not on the Edit Page template, nor on the published page itself. There is the caption field enabled and two extra TextInputs. (see the attached image_extra_field_details.png) but they are not visible.

I have done this page for a library more than a year ago and they used it without a problem since then.

On the Page > Home -> Content ->  Edit (an item) which uses this module: there is only the image and a description field (like a normal image field) the other TextInputs are simply gone. (see the image_extra_field_page_edit.png).

Nobody has changed anything what so ever, I have checked the logs to be sure.

The page uses the Image Extra Module 1.0.0 and ProcessWire version 3.0.27

Any idea what the reason could be?

Thanks for any feedback.

P.S.

When I enable debug mode the only notice I get is :

Undefined index: vitrineimages in /home/bla/public_html/wire/modules/ImageExtra.module on line 826

but no error

The Admin->Modules->ImageExtra->Module information page shows:

Title Image Extra
Class ImageExtra
File /wire /modules /ImageExtra.module
Version 1.0.0
Installed 1 year ago
Summary Adds custom fields to image fields (including multi-language support)
Hooks To after.InputfieldImage::getConfigInputfields(), after.InputfieldImage::renderItem(), before.ProcessField::executeSave()
More Information https://github.com/justonestep/processwire-imageextra

image_extra_field_details.png

image_extra_field_page_edit.png

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have added an additional field called price, which starts with a $ symbol. Every time the page is saved, whether or not there is an output formatter set, an additional \ is added in front of the $ symbol, so if you save say five times you end up with \\\\\$

• 2 weeks later...

After I installed this, I couldn't upload anything, all images failed to upload and the console output 

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

for each. After uninstalling, image uploads work again

ProcessWire ver 3.0.89

• 2 weeks later...
On 30.10.2017 at 9:35 PM, titanium said:

Hi @mauricemoss, there's already a PR for this issue here: https://github.com/justb3a/processwire-imageextra/pull/30

@justb3a

Same problem here with an image field in a repeater:

ErrorException: Undefined index: title in C:\laragon\www\XXX\site\modules\ImageExtra\ImageExtra.module:523

PW 3.0.95

Hi.
I have a problem with the "link field" and PW 3.0.96 .
When I try to select a page (page tree) the "Choose" button disappears. Unfortunately it is no longer possible to make a selection.

Does anyone have the same problem or a quick solution for it?

I think the error is not the module, but the file "ProcessPageList.js"

Thanks,
Robert

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 3/24/2018 at 4:15 AM, ro-bo said:

Hi.
I have a problem with the "link field" and PW 3.0.96 .
When I try to select a page (page tree) the "Choose" button disappears. Unfortunately it is no longer possible to make a selection.

Does anyone have the same problem or a quick solution for it?

I think the error is not the module, but the file "ProcessPageList.js"

Thanks,
Robert

I'm on PW 3.0.104 and having the same problem.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/4/2017 at 1:50 PM, mr-fan said:

just tested with 3.0.65 and it seems that the pagelink field is not working?

imageextra.thumb.jpg.9ee7b8bd45060a8c970cea78bb8f1388.jpg

Best regards mr-fan

On 8/7/2017 at 5:22 PM, justb3a said:

Thanks @mr-fan: there was a little bug figuring out, whether the user is working in the backend or not (differentiate between int(0) und false :D ). The belonging JavaScript file wasn't loaded.

Hello, i am experiencing this problem as well. Unfortunately i have to consider myself an absolute beginner so i would be more than happy if someone could explain this solution in more detail. Thanks in advance!

Sorry for spaming this thread but i am kinda stuck. As far as i understand this issue has fixed at some point. I only need a solution to apply image-links in pw and from what i read ImageExtra seems the way to go. It will work properly with image-fields but not within repeater-fields. I am using module version 1.0.6 with processwire 3.0.98. Any advise is highly appriciated. ?

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, alejandro said:

Hello,

I'm having the Select button disappearing, so I can't select anything. Is there a fix for this issue?

I'm using last version of the module.

Thanks!

Are you by chance using the master instead of develop branch again?

Remember this was fixed on the develop branch:

9 hours ago, adrian said:

Are you by chance using the master instead of develop branch again?

Yes, I upgraded to the latest version. Anyway, I've changed it to repeater field with image + page reference fields, so problem solved.

Hey there,

I create all my fields with the Migrations module, so I create all my fields with the core functions.
Sadly, I'm having trouble creating "otherField" information with ImageExtra.

If I try this, the whole field is broken:

$myField = $fields->get('test_field');
$myField->otherField = 'copyright';
$myField->otherFieldSettings = "{\"cf_textformatter\":{\"copyright\":\"\"},\"cf_label\":{\"cf_label__copyright\":\"Copyright\"}}";
$myField->save();

Or with an array:

$myField->otherFieldSettings = [
	'cf_textformatter' => [
		'copyright' => ''
	],
	'cf_label' => [
		'cf_label__copyright' => ''
	]
];
$myField->save();

I always get this error:

ProcessWire: ProcessPageEdit: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'field_test_field.copyright' in 'field list'

Has anyone made any experience with this? Suggestions? ?

Thanks in advance!

17 minutes ago, noodles said:

Hey there,

I create all my fields with the Migrations module, so I create all my fields with the core functions.
Sadly, I'm having trouble creating "otherField" information with ImageExtra.

If I try this, the whole field is broken:

$myField->otherFieldSettings = "{\"cf_textformatter\":{\"copyright\":\"\"},\"cf_label\":{\"cf_label__copyright\":\"Copyright\"}}";
$myField->save();

Or with an array:

$myField->otherFieldSettings = [
	'cf_textformatter' => [
		'copyright' => ''
	],
	'cf_label' => [
		'cf_label__copyright' => ''
	]
];
$myField->save();

I always get this error:

ProcessWire: ProcessPageEdit: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'field_test_field.copyright' in 'field list'

Has anyone made any experience with this? Suggestions? ?

Thanks in advance!

If I see it correctly, the "other field columns" will be added on a save hook via the $input->post data - which I don't have in my case.
In line 1213 it looks like I will have to alter the table in my script. ?

Damn! ? 

Any sweeter way known by someone?

• 4 weeks later...

I just pulled from the dev branch and still get the same error as before (right after new image upload)

$title = $language->title->getLanguageValue($language); // line 398

Call to a member function getLanguageValue() on string

And also: line 229-231: PHP Warning: stripos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given

latest PW dev installed, PHP 7.2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I set up the Image Extra Fields + multilang support. 

UNF the second language is not showing when switching to the other page language.
It always displays the default language.

Custom field name is "img_title";

Trying to output the field like this:

<?=$page->images->first()->img_title;?>

• 2 months later...
On 7/19/2018 at 10:46 AM, alejandro said:

Hello,

I'm having the Select button disappearing, so I can't select anything. Is there a fix for this issue?

I'm using last version of the module.

Thanks!

Here is a little fix:

In your templates/admin.php add a custom css file:

$config->styles->add($config->urls->templates . "styles/admin.css");
require($config->paths->adminTemplates . 'controller.php'); 

in templates/styles/admin.css

.PageList .PageListItem:hover .PageListActions {
    display: inline-block !important;
}

• 1 month later...

I really like this module. It's much cleaner for managing different alt-Text and caption than everything I tried before (extra fields, repeater, complex Hanna Code) but I ran into an issue on the second site I installed.

The image field I wanted to enhance was named Bilder (with uppercase). After adding extra field imgcaption the site stopped working and in debug mode it read something like field Bilder.imgcaption doesn't exist. After changing the field name to bilder (lowercase) and correcting my templates and Hanna Code everything worked again. Might be worth some warning in the documentation

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I ran into an issue with multilanguage support.

Most sites I'm working need only one language, but for a german user interface I need the module Languages Support which automatically adds a description field for every language to an image field. I used to disable these extra language fields in the admin interface by setting disable multilanguage support in the input settings of the definition for my images-fields. After installing the Image Extra Module I added a caption field, which seemed to work fine: I could edit and process content of this new caption field.

Now I noticed that it is  possible to insert a new caption, but not to alter an existent one. I get a notice that the field was changed, but nothing happens. After checking the database I saw that there was a connection to multi-language support. Instead of a simple entry for new captions like "["Schloss Rheinsberg (Photo: xyz)"] an edited entry is like '{"0":"Das Refektorium","1019":"Das Refektorium"}'
When I enable multi language support for the image field I can see, that only changes in the field for the custom language (in my case german) are processed but do also change the value of the field in the default language (english) This is very confusing for authors.

As a workaround When changing the language of the admin to default instead of german everything works as expected.

On 3/14/2019 at 3:18 PM, sujag said:

I ran into an issue with multilanguage support.

Most sites I'm working need only one language, but for a german user interface I need the module Languages Support which automatically adds a description field for every language to an image field. I used to disable these extra language fields in the admin interface by setting disable multilanguage support in the input settings of the definition for my images-fields. After installing the Image Extra Module I added a caption field, which seemed to work fine: I could edit and process content of this new caption field.

Now I noticed that it is  possible to insert a new caption, but not to alter an existent one. I get a notice that the field was changed, but nothing happens. After checking the database I saw that there was a connection to multi-language support. Instead of a simple entry for new captions like "["Schloss Rheinsberg (Photo: xyz)"] an edited entry is like '{"0":"Das Refektorium","1019":"Das Refektorium"}'
When I enable multi language support for the image field I can see, that only changes in the field for the custom language (in my case german) are processed but do also change the value of the field in the default language (english) This is very confusing for authors.

As a workaround When changing the language of the admin to default instead of german everything works as expected.

Yes we have also this problem. only solution is the workaround to set the users language to the default language ?

On 10/30/2017 at 9:35 PM, titanium said:

I've got the same error here. I use the Image in a Repeater.

Is there any workaround at this time? Although the module works fine, to have an error is annoying.

Thanks for your help!

On 3/16/2019 at 5:13 AM, MateThemes said:

I've got the same error here. I use the Image in a Repeater.

Is there any workaround at this time? Although the module works fine, to have an error is annoying.

Thanks for your help!

I have found a solution, that worked for me.

I just put in the module file at line 523 a isset statement:

/**
   * Hook format extra fields
   * @param HookEvent $event
   */
  public function formatExtraValue(HookEvent $event) {
    $page = $event->arguments(0);

if (!isset ($page->data['title'])) {
      $field = $event->arguments(1);
      $value = $event->arguments(2);
      $settings = $this->getOtherFieldSettings($field);

if ($settings && $formatters = $settings->cf_textformatter) {
        foreach ($value as $v) {
          foreach ($this->additionalFields['other'][$field->name] as $otherField) {
            if (!array_key_exists($otherField, $formatters)) continue;
            $formatter = $formatters->$otherField;
            $currentValue = $v->$otherField;
            if ($formatter) $this->modules->get($formatter)->formatValue($page, $field, $currentValue);
            $v->$otherField = $currentValue;
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }

And this works for me.

• 2 months later...
On 3/20/2019 at 6:39 PM, MateThemes said:

I have found a solution, that worked for me.

I just put in the module file at line 523 a isset statement:

/**
   * Hook format extra fields
   * @param HookEvent $event
   */
  public function formatExtraValue(HookEvent $event) {
    $page = $event->arguments(0);

if (!isset ($page->data['title'])) {
      $field = $event->arguments(1);
      $value = $event->arguments(2);
      $settings = $this->getOtherFieldSettings($field);

if ($settings && $formatters = $settings->cf_textformatter) {
        foreach ($value as $v) {
          foreach ($this->additionalFields['other'][$field->name] as $otherField) {
            if (!array_key_exists($otherField, $formatters)) continue;
            $formatter = $formatters->$otherField;
            $currentValue = $v->$otherField;
            if ($formatter) $this->modules->get($formatter)->formatValue($page, $field, $currentValue);
            $v->$otherField = $currentValue;
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }

And this works for me.

This issue is solved, because the PR I submitted has now been accepted by @justb3a.