URL parameters and more

Hi! 

This is my first post and I hope I am doing it in the right place. The question is a bit complex but I guess someone might be able to help.

1) We made a site in processwire: www.beaglemarketing.com

2) We made it multilanguage so for example spanish is under /es/ etc.

3) For SEO reasons we want to run the spanish site under a different domain (www.marketingautomation.es) but we wanted to avoid to have two different codebases for a site that is exactly the same.. but translated. 

4) We decided to make a copy of all the files to the www.marketingautomation.es domain, share the same database and then do some smart .htaccess tricks so /es/ runs as the root domain. That is, spanish, even if it is a folder, will feel is the default language. 

5) So the deal was to redirect www.beaglemarketing.com to /es/ and then hide the directory so all the pages are served under the root. 

So far I managed to get quite close.... and now I get pages served as

www.marketingautomation.com/precio  instead of www.beaglemarketing.com/es/precio and so forth. 

BUT and here comes the question.... I get a bunch of url query parameters that make things look rather like this:

www.marketingautomation.es/funciones/?it=es/funciones/

when I would like to have just www.marketingautomation.es/funciones

It is possible to do what I am doing? When I tried to remove the query string through some .htaccess code I did not manage to do so, and the pages in the site just stopped responding.

Anyone that can enlighten us? 

Thank you very much, and keep this awesome CMS growing strong and healthy!

Daniel

Edited by Beagle Marketing
  • Like 1