What are you currently building ?

Peter Knight

After convincing my main client/boss of the advantages of PW over WP, I'm currently build his personal/company site new version. :D

He's a Project Management expert and currently works for the United Nations. His website received around 2k unique visitors per day. Running WP on a Digital Ocean 4GB droplet with Varnish and Apache on Ubuntu 14. MySQL DB runs on another droplet with 2GB. There are other apps running on the same 4G server.

I'm planning to use Laravel's Forge to admin the new version. It will make things easier I think.

This new version will merge two websites, ricardo-vargas.com and macrosolutions.com.br (the company services). I'm posting the screenshots for the template and admin pages of a consulting service that today leaves at: http://macrosolutions.com.br/consulting/projects-offices-assessment-optimization-and-restructing/ on the old site.

There's no front-end yet but I reckon posting these screens may help someone. :) 

Numbers: 43 Fields organized in 4 tabs.

post-367-0-07257300-1456405527_thumb.png

post-367-0-62132000-1456405530_thumb.png

post-367-0-62315900-1456405536_thumb.png

post-367-0-10774400-1456405543_thumb.png

post-367-0-03224400-1456405519_thumb.png

• Like 15

• 2 weeks later...

Currently I'm building a multilanguage website but what's more important, I managed to convert my "drop-in" helpers into modules. These include TemplateLatteReplace and NetteFormsHelper modules, which will be shared after they look stable enough. 

The Latte template engine module is almost invisible: handles default template render and wireRenderFile just fine. I may have gone with the TemplateEngine module but I like that it's lightweight and that I understand what's going on inside :)

NetteFormsHelper makes creating forms a breeze (though it's 100% developer-centric), and I'm working on adding useful features to it.  

Currently it supports:

• ajax or non-ajax submission
  • live form validation (js)
  • automatically add js/css assets
  • saving data as page using "json_storage" field (which is a simple textarea holding a json encoded array, but visually looks like a formatted table in the admin)
  • send emails with Latte tempates
  • several form layouts (form renderers)
  • autocomplete: supports suggestions from arrays and urls (ajax)
  • character counter: needs only passing an array of settings, can count up/downwards, its text is customizable/translatable

Form and field definitions are separated so forms can be easily copied to another project. Just to clarify: these are non-PW fields.

I also have an AutoSmush module (imagemin through resmush.it) which actually works but needs a major revisit before going public, if ever. Anyway, bulk running on site images eliminates google pagespeed warning, which is great.

Another helper I'm usng is Tracy debugger, which was made into a module by adrian so one todo item could be removed :)

These modules makes development much more fun. I should have started them as modules right from the beginning.

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Currently I'm building a multilanguage website but what's more important, I managed to convert my "drop-in" helpers into modules. These include TemplateLatteReplace and NetteFormsHelper modules, which will be shared after they look stable enough. 

The Latte template engine module is almost invisible: handles default template render and wireRenderFile just fine. I may have gone with the TemplateEngine module but I like that it's lightweight and that I understand what's going on inside :)

NetteFormsHelper makes creating forms a breeze (though it's 100% developer-centric), and I'm working on adding useful features to it.  

Currently it supports:

• ajax or non-ajax submission
  • live form validation (js)
  • automatically add js/css assets
  • saving data as page using "json_storage" field (which is a simple textarea holding a json encoded array, but visually looks like a formatted table in the admin)
  • send emails with Latte tempates
  • several form layouts (form renderers)
  • autocomplete: supports suggestions from arrays and urls (ajax)
  • character counter: needs only passing an array of settings, can count up/downwards, its text is customizable/translatable

Form and field definitions are separated so forms can be easily copied to another project. Just to clarify: these are non-PW fields.

I also have an AutoSmush module (imagemin through resmush.it) which actually works but needs a major revisit before going public, if ever. Anyway, bulk running on site images eliminates google pagespeed warning, which is great.

Another helper I'm usng is Tracy debugger, which was made into a module by adrian so one todo item could be removed :)

These modules makes development much more fun. I should have started them as modules right from the beginning.

I am building a site using Latte now using your helpers drop-in method, really curious to see how the template framework coming along (it will be great if you early release it so most of us can test it) HAHA...

Great work!

• 1 month later...

I got a client request to make Word template so she can create an image of the weekly menu of a restaurant to post on Facebook. I usually get sick when I have to deal with M$ Word - it's frustration and it's not meant to be used things like that.

So I figured out a better system: PW + html2canvas.js. It took more time to finish but it was worth the trouble. The main issues were html2canvas versus some CSS issues, plus switching to different languages in PW on each line. Also, JavaScript cannot offer named downloads, only "download.png", so I had to use HTML5 attribute "download" on links to be able to add custom download filename.

I used ProField modules Table and Matrix Repeater which allow very pleasant editing of menu items, even in multilanguage context.

Front-end editing is created using the built-in front-end editor. I was about to achieve inline editing of menu items but it soon turned out that repeaters and tables can't be edited this way. Anyway, it's still better compared to my module FEEL because sections are reloaded using Ajax and the admin lightbox shows only the fields I choose.

Here's a quick screencap - when the gray background turns to dark gray, then the menu is not HTML but canvas, that can be downloaded.

menu-builder.gif

• Like 17

• 1 month later...

I am developing an application for my small store in London. I am not really experinced in any kind of devlopment, so I am kind of looking for help. I need a simple application to sell my products, where the clients will be able to make orders, pay them and track their deliveries. I am considering the following developers [moderator removed links]

Can anyone help? Do you know anything about them? Have you any experince of developent for online store ?

Edit:

Moderator note:

@Robin_Winship, I am treating your post with suspicion (spam). I can't see any connection with ProcessWire. I have removed your links which I suspect are thinly veiled advertising. Secondly, if you need help with ProcessWire developers there is a Jobs Board for that. For any other general questions please use the General Support or Getting Started forums.

• 10 months later...

Between a lot of big, not-web-related projects at work, I could squeeze in having a little a fun with ProcessWire too.

What was needed was a shop-like solution where employees can order lunch snacks from our local butcher. Previously, this was handled with hand-written lists in each production hall that would be forwarded over fax to the butchers, leading to all kinds of transliteration and pricing errors. Our Central Services department looked at different software packages for that, but none of them did exactly what they needed. ProcessWire to the rescue. In little more than two days, I got a fitting solution up and running:

• PW 3.0.52
  • The only two non-standard modules used are @adrian's AdminActions and my own DatetimeAdvanced
  • Role based template access
  • UIKit 3 with modals, flex layout, mobile-ready with hamburger menu on smaller devices
  • Everything is a page
  • Synchronisation of employee accounts from time management software (> 600) into PW (120 lines, runs twice a day)
  • Mixed authentication (Windows Active Directory if user is available there, local password if not)
  • Account balance system with manual deposits and automated checking / detuction / refunding for orders, complete transaction history visible for the user
  • Article categories (page reference), product images (not used yet), simple product variants (1 level, text + price)
  • Ordering contents of a shopping cart for a single day or multiple days ahead of time within (admin configurable) time constraints (order window for following day ends X hours before, holidays excluded, etc.)
  • Delivery locations (buildings) changeable by users themselves
  • Integrated favorites system
  • Management area in frontend for balance bookings, managing articles, previewing orders
  • Daily collected orders for the butchery are printed into PDF through fpdf with a tiny wrapper
  • Product images option with thumbnails (currently not used)
  • Small additions like price validity dates or saving and re-using shopping carts will be added over the next months

The shop landing page with all relevant information:

590c3b39af9d3_01overviewpage.png.3e3598a2d7663be9c1780c275a7fe77a.png

Articles are grouped by category and have dropdowns for variations (with optional price addition/discount):

590c3ba344a28_02articles.png.4ece153d2891bfa9da18672f3ed2913b.png

Editable shopping cart with option to order same selection for multiple days:

590c3bfbe52b2_03shoppingcart.png.92eb4fb04d01b266a2809b3c5dec0213.png

590c3c2730b4a_04accountsmenu.png.abb1be50dbba44d4e2650aeb79378181.png

Minimallistic product item editor:

590c3c9ae6850_05articleeditor.png.f3290de87c24b3602d5adfd007afbfe4.png

590c3ca5b1834_06newarticle.png.aaf1ad2c5e5211e99a4afe7fae3bbc7d.png

• Like 18

1 minute ago, szabesz said:

Wow! That is impressive in just 2 days! Kudos!

Any chance of releasing it as open source? You know, a site profile for educational purposes ;)

It was far easier than I had first expected, as I started without much external input and CI restraints, so I could stick with UIKit defaults and had no usability expectations to meet. So I stuck with the "keep it simple" philosophy.

I'm tentatively planning to make a release bundle out of it (time is as always the factor), but need to strip out a few specifics first and replace them with more generic code. There are also a few things which I simply stuck into site config but would merit a dedicated config page (think addresses, currency, holidays, time constraints and all that).

• Like 8

• 9 months later...
On 22.11.2015 at 10:43 AM, BitPoet said:

The CRM part some highly specific stuff, certainly not helpful for anybody else. The modules I'll focus on getting into publishable state will be OpenSearchServerSearch (including the schema for OSS), PagePublishPerLanguage, ArticleIDLinks and ActiveDirectory/LDAP integration. If there's time left (I'm a bit cautious with promises atm, as I'm going to be rather involved in switching our ERP system next year), I'll see if I can change the translation TextFormatter into something generic and configurable and bundle everything together with the notice board into an Intranet site profile.

At this Time, im creating our new Intranet Site ans im Looking for a LDAP/AD Integration...

is there‘s a Module for that or is it a „internal Module“ just for your Intranet :)?

(oh, this thread is from 2015 :D )

1 minute ago, zoeck said:

At this Time, im creating our new Intranet Site ans im Looking for a LDAP/AD Integration...

is there‘s a Module for that or is it a „internal Module“ just for your Intranet

I started to make that LDAP stuff more generic but got a bit overtaken by changing realities, but I'll take a look and see what I can put together when I find a minute. I'm letting the server itself do the authentication (with IIS not really much to configure) and just let PW take care of authorization. The same can (and used to) be done with apache and an ldap/sasl/kerberos auth module as well. The essential part then are the script that import the users (that one should probably take all configuration from the module, something else I'll take a look at) and relevant groups (using the famous UserGroups module).

One of the nice things about PW is that most information (and code) is still current after a few years :) So stay tuned.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BitPoet said:

I started to make that LDAP stuff more generic but got a bit overtaken by changing realities, but I'll take a look and see what I can put together when I find a minute. I'm letting the server itself do the authentication (with IIS not really much to configure) and just let PW take care of authorization. The same can (and used to) be done with apache and an ldap/sasl/kerberos auth module as well. The essential part then are the script that import the users (that one should probably take all configuration from the module, something else I'll take a look at) and relevant groups (using the famous UserGroups module).

One of the nice things about PW is that most information (and code) is still current after a few years :) So stay tuned.

Okay thats really nice :) thanks

greetings from Bamberg ;) 

9 hours ago, dragan said:

DatetimeAdvanced module

What exactly does it do? Is it some sort of datepicker input type that allows to select date-ranges? (which is not currently possible in core, afaik).

No, DatetimeAdvanced just lets you search datetime fields using subfield syntax like "datefield.year=2018" in selectors, directly output those too, e.g. $page->datefield->year, and provides strftime() and date() formatting functions on fields. Input and stored values stay the same.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Everybody's currently hyping about Collabora CODE and editing OpenOffice, MS Office and PDF documents inside their Own-/NextCloud. Recently, a colleague wanted to know if it was possible to do that in our corporate intranet too. And so I thought, why not? So I have started dabbling with NextCloud and the Collabora docker image a bit and, after banging my head against the wall for a while (figuratively) and doing a lot of reverse engineering to wrap my mind around the wopi and lool stuff, I managed to include the LOOL leaflet in a page of my own making and load and save documents in it through a small PHP script.

I'm starting to create a PW module from this that allows inline (more precisely: modal) editing of supported document types. The next steps:

• A small file abstraction layer that converts back and forth between WOPI-style file ids necessary for LOOL and PW file urls, provides locking and checks access permissions
  • A file access token generator / verifier
  • A WOPI REST endpoint library that handles all the actions needed for opening, saving, locking etc. and provides auxiliary information like user info, avatar etc.
  • Finally, the module itself, containing both the WOPI endpoint logic that the Collabora image uses and the UI extension for InputfieldFile that creates the editor

I'm going to get the basics set up, then I'll whip up a getting started manual that also documents the "missing links" that I had so much trouble with and finally push this and the code to github so anybody interested can contribute too.

• Like 8

• 3 months later...

This one's not really new, but I forgot to post about it when I did it, plus there are still some unfinished aspects. 

I have a minimal personal invoice setup allowing me to have multiple identities for my invoices, to represent the different aspects of what I do (it's not all PW)...

screeny-0021.png.1cdc761040304b708987b90ea05f74f8.png

screeny-0027.thumb.png.2628341cbc578ca2c6e9b4a3758122e8.png

The child pages of an identity represent permissible payment methods for that identity...

screeny-0028.png.6b349fb2c47ce855d14f310ff332c526.png

Of course, there are multiple clients under which invoice pages are stored, with highlighted status in the page tree...

screeny-0026.thumb.png.5d07227c8f3f486ebae9d9cf2e869670.png

screeny-0022.png.eced56ab8b82cd0a81e5546f692b6ed9.png

Invoices use repeater fields to store line-items and expenses. The line subtotal is calculated on save. The whole invoice value is worked out too.

screeny-0023.thumb.png.8d5097204ab833cce0c5845a77cbe7d6.png

screeny-0024.png.dbef483893d900d29edf3e8984f8d7c7.png

Profit and Loss is yet to be finished.

And here's the result...

screeny-0025.thumb.png.ffe7d9b0eca7cf7256b901687ae287f6.png

I like PW!

• Like 12

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2018 at 5:23 PM, zoeck said:

is there‘s a Module for that or is it a „internal Module“ just for your Intranet :)?

Hi @zoeck

Sorry I missed your post previously. If you are still looking for LDAP integrations there are 3 that I know of...

1. LdapSignIn from Conclurer.
  2. KreativMonkey's LDAP Helper.
  3. JimYost's LDAP Authentication module posting on the forum, though you might want to go with Apeisa's implementation further down the thread.

...but I suspect you've written your own by now ?

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, netcarver said:

Hi @zoeck

Sorry I missed your post previously. If you are still looking for LDAP integrations there are 3 that I know of...

1. LdapSignIn from Conclurer.
  2. KreativMonkey's LDAP Helper.
  3. JimYost's LDAP Authentication module posting on the forum, though you might want to go with Apeisa's implementation further down the thread.

...but I suspect you've written your own by now ?

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the information!

I used the "LDAPsignin" module as base and extended it to work with an Active Directory - including group assignments and some other upgrades.

I think it doesn't make sense for me to publish the changes because it is customized for our AD environment ? 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I came to this thread searching for Active Directory solutions, and finding several here. Does anyone have wisdom to share on the best LDAP for AD to work with PW3.x these days? Just arose as a possible requirement on a project.

To stay on-topic, I am building a system that connects to a REDCap clinical database via an API; downloads raw values from numerous surveys in the system; aggregates, scores, and graphs the raw values; then pushes them back via API. There are many complexities involved, but the ability to do this in the PW backend makes it possible! May publish the module that connects to the REDCap API when the whole thing's done.