louiskarchin.com composer/conductor

Macrura

This is a site for composer, conductor, and NYU composition professor Louis Karchin.

http://louiskarchin.com/

The site is based around the works which are presented as a filterable datatable, with inline audio player (soundmanager2)..

There is some ajax happening on the works page to pull up details about a work in a popup.

a lot of the initial work was importing from the original site as well as from CSV files of the works, so there were various custom import/api scripts used to get all the data in..

As with other recent sites, this site has a admin docs section for reference, as well as inline docs on the edit page, using a simple module based on Nik's page references tab.

post-136-0-58126000-1422894433_thumb.png

also this uses the configurable widgets system:

post-136-0-70478100-1422894434_thumb.png

and i have an admin page for backups, though the backups run automatically on a cron (using the SmartBackup script):

post-136-0-48723500-1422894432_thumb.png

this site benefited from a lot of modules, namely:

AdminCustomFiles

AdminCustomPages

PageDocsTab

AdminPageSelectEditLlinks

AIOM+

FieldtypeDataStructure

FieldTypeTemplates

InputfieldSelectExtended

HannaCode

ProcessRedirects

ProcessDiagnostics

Profields Table

Formbuilder

Procache

Lister Pro

• Like 12

@cstevensjr - yes, it's super easy, this how i do it...

1.) in site plugins, upload the entire SM2 folder that can be downloaded here:

http://www.schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2/doc/download/

2.) create an alias variable in the init or in config to the plugins folder, e.g.

config:
$config->plugins = '/site/plugins/';
or 
$config->plugins = '/site/templates/plugins/';
or _init
$pluginFolder = $config->urls->templates . 'plugins/';

note  - this example is using both the player buttons and the bar-ui, thus loading both..

IN THE HEAD

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?=$pluginFolder?>sm2/css/mp3-player-button.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?=$pluginFolder?>sm2/css/bar-ui.css" type="text/css" />

in foot

<!-- Soundmanager2
    ============================================= -->  
    <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $pluginFolder?>sm2/script/soundmanager2-nodebug-jsmin.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $pluginFolder?>sm2/script/mp3-player-button.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $pluginFolder?>sm2/script/bar-ui.js"></script>
    <script>
        soundManager.setup({
        // required: path to directory containing SM2 SWF files
        url: '<?php echo $pluginFolder?>sm2/swf/'
    });
    </script>

where you want to show the player you can copy the markup from the SM2 examples; for mp3 player buttons you just add the class..

"<a href='{$audio->audio_file->url}' title='{$audio->title} (audio preview)' class='sm2_button tip'></a>";
  • Like 4

Really great work!

I like your widget system - and i'm very excited for the first project i need such a setup! ;)

One Question for the help module - there is a help tab module from some with md files with the same name as the template....you did a other way...so i think you can manage the help content within the admin section? This would be interesting...

Best regards mr-fan

As with other recent sites, this site has a admin docs section for reference, as well as inline docs on the edit page, using a simple module based on Nik's page references tab.

attachicon.gifdocs-inlineMU.png

Any particular reason you didn't go with Soma's Template Notes module?

http://modules.processwire.com/modules/template-notes/

Any particular reason you didn't go with Soma's Template Notes module?

http://modules.processwire.com/modules/template-notes/

using that would have required using html files; where with the way my docs 'system' works, it is all being done with pages, so users can add and modify existing docs, links docs by template or page.. much easier!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The doc pages are searchable and public, by the way; 

--------------------------

Moderator note:

@hellomoto,

That's a very important and helpful find, thanks. However, to protect the integrity of that website (and save Macrura some blushes :-)), could you please PM him instead? Thanks. Hence, I have removed the link you posted.

Edited by kongondo
Protect developer's/website's integrity

@hellmoto, thanks for reporting that...

You should take a look at mac osx's overscrolling bouncy thing. If this overscrolling is happening while the animation of the header is not finished (e.g. scroll in one stroke to top) the scroll animation gets a shiver.

@LostKobrakai - ok, not sure what you mean; i know there is some issue going on with safari.. had to disable the transitions on a few pages..

Yeah, just checked it's only safari which does this. I'll send you a small clip, maybe it helps. For the other browsers just a really minor thing. I feel like the animation, which grows the header again to it's bigger size, could be a tiny bit faster. If one is swipping back to top (mostly touchpad, didn't notice it with mousewheel) it feels, like it would slow down the scrolling itself, while you're already on top of the page.

• Like 1