Best practice for backend set up this type of home page

Alfred

Hi there,

I've created this sample home page

As you can see there are some repeating parts (wide image, heading etc.) but they are all followed by a part that differs from the rest.
Notice also that the top wide image is higher than the other two.

For the images I use the CroppableImage module (it's in alpha but so far it looks stable).

For my client I want the admin as simple, intuitive and logical as possible.

What would be the best practice to set up the back-end template.

Thanks

Alfred

I have been really impressed with the site profile called Blue VR because of the setup of pages and modules in the back end.  Gayan-Virajith uses a set of pages labeled Tools, that control the wide images and other blocks used throughout the site profile.  The client can easily navigate through the Tools pages to change or add images and blocks.  Neat way of doing things.  Really opened my mind on how to do things with processwire.

post-2755-0-62996700-1422886133_thumb.pn

Thank you both for these quick responses,

Mont,

I've installed the profile en this approach makes sense. Since I will not reuse the blocks/tools on other pages I will name it something like "home page blocks" and place it direct under the Home page in the tree. This probably will visually make the most sense to the editor. Instead of selecting the blocks in the Home page template I will merge them in the php template because it is not necessary for the editor to add / delete or rearrange blocks.

Jan,

I'm afraid I need more time to fully understand what is meant here and how to implement it my case but thank you anyway for pointing this out to me.

May you looking for something like this for advanced backend and some kind of widgets:

a other run on the multiple layouts with the delayed output of templates.....i like it and use it on actual projects:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/8767-regarding-delayed-output/#entry84604

some kind of adminsetup for a widget system:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/8635-simple-example-for-widget-management/

regards mr-fan