ukyo

FieldtypeFontIconPicker

@MilenKo and @LAPS - I just installed it for the first time on 3.0.150 and it works fine. It sounds like a modules refresh might fix things. If not, try clearing the assest/cache/FileCompiler folder.

@adrian I made the modules refresh, then in the admin I get:

fieldtypefonticonpicker03.thumb.png.77a37ec62cfbde240ede7b0cc436895d.png

To temporarily solve the problem, I renamed the module directory from /.../site/modules/FieldtypeFontIconPicker to /.../site/modules/.FieldtypeFontIconPicker (note: the point).

I also tried to clear compiled files in Admin > Modules > Site, even manually with a file manager software, but this didn't solved the problem.

I'd like to reinstall FieldtypeFontIconPicker but how to unistall a module that is currently used (PW doesn't allow this)?

@ukyo Linux OS - PHP v7.2 - PW v3.0.148

@LAPS - try looking at the modules database table and see if there are two entries for the module. Look for two copies of the module's files in site/modules - check to make sure that there isn't one inside the folder of another module (in case you might have drag/dropped it accidentally.

It will be a bit messy for a couple of admin reloads / module refreshes, but you could empty the cache database table.

You can't uninstall a module for a field without removing the field.

@adrian

1 hour ago, adrian said:

Look for two copies of the module's files in site/modules - check to make sure that there isn't one inside the folder of another module (in case you might have drag/dropped it accidentally.

In the /site/modules/ folder I have subfolders FieldtypeFontIconPicker and MarkupFontIconPicker.

1 hour ago, adrian said:

@LAPS - try looking at the modules database table and see if there are two entries for the module.

Following is the content of the modules database table relating FontIconPicker and the default PW icon field:

fieldtypefonticonpicker04.png.cd74b56918b22bdf2cb2a39383bf6a18.png

And here is the result of the SQL search SELECT * FROM `database_name`.`caches` WHERE ( CONVERT( `name` USING utf8 ) LIKE '%FontIconPicker%' OR CONVERT( `data` USING utf8 ) LIKE '%FontIconPicker%' OR CONVERT( `expires` USING utf8 ) LIKE '%FontIconPicker%'):

fieldtypefonticonpicker05.png.b3860144d0db1fb250aea4e3bd4a0d72.png

1 hour ago, adrian said:

[...] but you could empty the cache database table

In the caches database table, can I safely delete the resulting rows to check if this resolves the problem?

50 minutes ago, LAPS said:

In the caches database table, can I safely delete the resulting rows to check if this resolves the problem?

yep

@adrian It doesn't work even clearing the caches database table. I get the same error:

Compile Error: Cannot declare class MarkupFontIconPicker, because the name is already in use (line 10 of /.../home/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/FieldtypeFontIconPicker/MarkupFontIconPicker.module)

Did you ever empty out the cache/FileCompiler directory like I suggested above? If that doesn't work, I think you really need to search around and make sure there isn't a second copy of the module somewhere in the /site/modules directory.

13 minutes ago, adrian said:

Did you ever empty out the cache/FileCompiler directory like I suggested above?

Yes, I did.

13 minutes ago, adrian said:

If that doesn't work, I think you really need to search around and make sure there isn't a second copy of the module somewhere in the /site/modules directory.

I just come up that the folders /site/modules/FieldtypeFontIconPicker and /site/modules/MarkupFontIconPicker have the same content (same file structure and same files):

fieldtypefonticonpicker06b.png.5c6a7200c4646ce0b335b4043110b911.pngfieldtypefonticonpicker06a.png.8f8bbe06cfb00bf256724d4aa28ba178.png

Maybe the problem is this. If so, what should really be the content in those two folders?

The MarkupFontIconPicker folder should not exist - just delete that and you'll be fine 🙂

6 hours ago, adrian said:

The MarkupFontIconPicker folder should not exist - just delete that and you'll be fine 🙂

@adrian I deleted the MarkupFontIconPicker folder and I no longer get the error. Thank you! 🙂

It was my fault in trying to solve things 😕 as of the original issue: in the Edit Field > Input > Icon library, the libraries (IconPicker.*.php) are not loaded.

Is there any reason for having no loaded libraries (note: I haven't added any new libraries, I'm just using the default ones)?

4 hours ago, LAPS said:

@adrian I deleted the MarkupFontIconPicker folder and I no longer get the error. Thank you! 🙂

It was my fault in trying to solve things 😕 as of the original issue: in the Edit Field > Input > Icon library, the libraries (IconPicker.*.php) are not loaded.

Is there any reason for having no loaded libraries (note: I haven't added any new libraries, I'm just using the default ones.)?

Can you check paths are true on your server ? on this line :

https://github.com/trk/FieldtypeFontIconPicker/blob/master/FieldtypeFontIconPicker.module#L43

@bernhard have similar error with my other Mystique module

Repo function line : https://github.com/trk/Mystique/blob/next/Mystique.module.php#L88

I can't find the issue. On my mac (macos mojave with valet (php 7.4.3)) and on my server (centos 7.7 with php (7.3)) i can't see this issue.

@ukyo I haven't had time to look into that issue, but I'd highly recommend that you use the built in file tools of ProcessWire - that minimizes the risk of such errors and if there are still any bugs we can fix them globally on one place once for all.

It's as simple as using $this->files->find(...) in your module, see https://github.com/BernhardBaumrock/RockTabulator/blob/6670f2647fcbbb1f5ad4c5237ea9fd03b8899315/InputfieldRockTabulator.module.php#L52-L58 for example.

See also https://processwire.com/api/ref/wire-file-tools/

2 hours ago, ukyo said:

Can you check paths are true on your server ? on this line :

https://github.com/trk/FieldtypeFontIconPicker/blob/master/FieldtypeFontIconPicker.module#L43

About the $paths in the code you linked:

echo wire("config")->paths->siteModules . "**/configs/IconPicker.*.php";

// output is: /..../site/modules/**/configs/IconPicker.*.php

// (manual :)) matching is:
//
//   ftp://.../site/modules/FieldtypeFontIconPicker/configs/IconPicker.fontawesome.php
//   ftp://.../site/modules/FieldtypeFontIconPicker/configs/IconPicker.ionicicons.php
//   ftp://.../site/modules/FieldtypeFontIconPicker/configs/IconPicker.uikit.php

echo wire("config")->paths->templates . "configs/IconPicker.*.php";

// output is: /.../site/templates/configs/IconPicker.*.php

// no matching:
//
//   "No such file or directory"

1 hour ago, bernhard said:

[...] recommend that you use the built in file tools [...]

🙂

@ukyo please consider refactoring $pathss definition ASAP. 😉

$path = $this->wire("config")->paths->siteModules . "**/configs/Mystique.*.php";
$path .= "," . $this->wire("config")->paths->templates . "configs/Mystique.*.php";

16 hours ago, bernhard said:

@ukyo I haven't had time to look into that issue, but I'd highly recommend that you use the built in file tools of ProcessWire - that minimizes the risk of such errors and if there are still any bugs we can fix them globally on one place once for all.

It's as simple as using $this->files->find(...) in your module, see https://github.com/BernhardBaumrock/RockTabulator/blob/6670f2647fcbbb1f5ad4c5237ea9fd03b8899315/InputfieldRockTabulator.module.php#L52-L58 for example.

See also https://processwire.com/api/ref/wire-file-tools/

How to use core files()->find() function like php glob() function ?

https://github.com/trk/FieldtypeFontIconPicker/blob/master/FieldtypeFontIconPicker.module#L50

15 hours ago, LAPS said:

About the $paths in the code you linked:

echo wire("config")->paths->siteModules . "**/configs/IconPicker.*.php";

// output is: /..../site/modules/**/configs/IconPicker.*.php

// (manual :)) matching is:
//
//   ftp://.../site/modules/FieldtypeFontIconPicker/configs/IconPicker.fontawesome.php
//   ftp://.../site/modules/FieldtypeFontIconPicker/configs/IconPicker.ionicicons.php
//   ftp://.../site/modules/FieldtypeFontIconPicker/configs/IconPicker.uikit.php

echo wire("config")->paths->templates . "configs/IconPicker.*.php";

// output is: /.../site/templates/configs/IconPicker.*.php

// no matching:
//
//   "No such file or directory"

🙂

@ukyo please consider refactoring $pathss definition ASAP. 😉

$path = $this->wire("config")->paths->siteModules . "**/configs/Mystique.*.php";
$path .= "," . $this->wire("config")->paths->templates . "configs/Mystique.*.php";

If you don't have custom icons inside templates folder result look like ok.

51 minutes ago, ukyo said:

If you don't have custom icons inside templates folder result look like ok.

N.B.: The module is not working. 🤔

1 hour ago, LAPS said:

N.B.: The module is not working. 🤔

Module working, but not on your side 😞. I created a next branch on github repo can you download next branch and test it ?

https://github.com/trk/FieldtypeFontIconPicker/tree/next

After install module be sure, refresh modules and clear compiler cache.

7 minutes ago, ukyo said:

Module working, but not on your side 😞. I created a next branch on github repo can you download next branch and test it ?

https://github.com/trk/FieldtypeFontIconPicker/tree/next

@ukyo For sure!

Just reassure me on what to make possibly without uninstalling the module since it's used in many templates and populates many pages e.g. can I just copy-paste the files from the repo to the /.../site/modules/FieldtypeFontIconPicker folder?

Just now, LAPS said:

For sure!

Just say to me what I've to make possibly without uninstalling the module since it's used in many templates and populates many pages e.g. can I just copy-paste the files from the repo to the /.../site/modules/FieldtypeFontIconPicker folder?

Copy / Paste files enough

Steps I performed:
1. FieldtypeFontIconPicker files uploaded.
2. Admin > Modules > Clear compiled files run.
3. Admin > Modules > Refresh run.
4. Browser cache cleared (one never knows).
5. Steps 2 to 3 repeated once again, and again.

Result:
It doesn't work: in the Edit Field > Input > Icon library the libraries (IconPicker.*.php) are not loaded as described in the original issue😔

9 minutes ago, LAPS said:

Steps I performed:
1. FieldtypeFontIconPicker files uploaded.
2. Admin > Modules > Clear compiled files run.
3. Admin > Modules > Refresh run.
4. Browser cache cleared (one never knows).
5. Steps 2 to 3 repeated once again, and again.

Result:
It doesn't work: in the Edit Field > Input > Icon library the libraries (IconPicker.*.php) are not loaded as described in the original issue😔

I added prev brach on github repo, this repo is previous version of module, you can use it. I will try to fix your problem, but let me know your server or computer software versions.

https://github.com/trk/FieldtypeFontIconPicker/tree/prev

8 minutes ago, ukyo said:

[...] let me know your server or computer software versions.

Linux CentOS 7 - Apache 2.4 -  MySQL 5.7 - PHP 7.2 - PW 3.0.148

3 hours ago, ukyo said:

How to use core files()->find() function like php glob() function ?

You would have to do that manually (eg via foreach and strpos). But glob() doesn't seem to be the culprit as it just works correctly in the tracy console on my windows computer:

hN56ztU.png

The find() finds all php files, the glob() finds only the .controller.php files... I'll have to look into that soon. I can understand that it is hard to debug when you don't have the problem yourself 😄 

3 minutes ago, bernhard said:

I can understand that it is hard to debug when you don't have the problem yourself 😄 

I'm here to support you as a tester. 🤓🤠😎 Everything will work out 💪 

I've attempted fresh install of the module, cleared the cache, etc. Any guesses on why I don't have any libraries to choose from? Thanks.

2020-02-26 17_17_23-Edit Field_ repeater_field_icon_picker • reachingkiwis - Brave.png