Webserver with PW on Raspberry Pi and Odroid-C1

ivanr

Though this isn't a PW project I thought I would take the opportunity to post an image of my PHP-based, redis backed, pick-and-pack software (I mentioned it here) that integrates with Amazon via their MWS API and is served via nginx running on one of the original 256mb Pi B models. The site is accessed in the warehouse from an Android tablet which allows me to move around the shelving to find the items really quickly and take care of printing off the address labels then packing and finally shipping the orders. 

post-465-0-08596000-1423957958_thumb.png

If you've never seen what Amazon's seller central pick and pack list is like then I hope you can appreciate the difference given the example below (apologies as this is an old screenshot)...

post-465-0-70810700-1423958186_thumb.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

@ivanr
I'm also interested in hosting my own web server using either a PI 2  or an ODROID C1. Now that you own them both ,which one do you suggest? Also,do it would be possible to host TWO different web services using only one of these machines? I don't expect to get more than 10 views daily for each website.
Thanks and have a good day ;)

Hi Ermarcello and welcome to the forum!

From my opinion a PW website is running OK on both C1 and Pi2 - I see no big differences.

Raspberry Pi is better SW supported and is more mature I would say - you can restart it without problems while C1 you can't etc.

Odroid C1 is better at some tasks like browsing as it is HW accelerated.

I think it should be possible to host multiple low traffic websites on both of them without problems.

@ivanr

I'm also interested in hosting my own web server using either a PI 2  or an ODROID C1. Now that you own them both ,which one do you suggest? Also,do it would be possible to host TWO different web services using only one of these machines? I don't expect to get more than 10 views daily for each website.

Thanks and have a good day ;)

Hi @Ermarcello and welcome to the forum!

If it's only 10 hits a day per site, you could probably run both sites on an old Pi B and be fine - as long as all 20 hits didn't happen in the same few seconds.

Well I got my brand new pi2 all loaded up with mysql and apache, this thing is great! I have it shared through my dyndns if you wanna give it a try. I just have the bluevr profile loaded on processwire. Credentials are: admin / password.    go to: therestaurant.endoftheinternet.org

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just posted a comprehensive HOW-TO, that describes how get a solid and good working stripped down Ubuntu server on the Odroid c1 with also Joomla installed and with proper ownership and rights settings for Joomla combined with the server. It works great. Go here  (it also solves the Dvorak keyboard issue)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

just bougth a new PI3, setup apache + pw default profile and got the following performance on the homepage on my local network via WIFI (don't know if a wired setup would be faster?! the pi3 has wifi onboard)

60 requests over 60 seconds (1 per second)

post-2137-0-10118700-1461418927_thumb.pn

300 requests over 60 seconds (5 per second)

post-2137-0-58855500-1461418425_thumb.pn

600 requests over 60 seconds (10 per second)

post-2137-0-36505500-1461418426_thumb.pn

PW 3.0.15

everything is really smooth

only thing that takes a little time is resizing big images of some MB via GD

really nice :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...