How could I assign specific admin page for user role?

adrianmak

There is a user role which is used for content editing.

In my local testing, contact form submission result will be stored as page and use admin process to display the result.

Since the admin process all bind to a admin template, if I give rights to a user role, all other admin page will be view by that role. And this is not I wanted to.

How to give access rights for a admin process, in my case, is the form submission result

Editor role access pages only

post-2272-0-15059100-1422404605_thumb.pn

I want the Editor role able to access the form result

post-2272-0-96945200-1422404605_thumb.pn

• Like 1

If you have created your own ProcessModule for this, you can add the “permission” property to its module info. Only users with the set permission will load the module. The admin page will be hidden for everyone else.

You can also set up your module so that it creates the permission on installation, and automatically removes it when it is uninstalled.

• Like 5

If you have created your own ProcessModule for this, you can add the “permission” property to its module info. Only users with the set permission will load the module. The admin page will be hidden for everyone else.

You can also set up your module so that it creates the permission on installation, and automatically removes it when it is uninstalled.

Ya.....just two lines of code and done :P

public static function getModuleInfo() {
        return array(
            'title' => 'Process Module (basic example)',
            'summary' => 'A very simple process module as an example on how easy they are to create.',
            'version' => 100,
            'href' => '',
            'permission' => 'form-submit-view', /* permission required */
            'permissions' => array(     
                'form-submit-view' => 'Form submission result.'
                )  /* install new permission */
        );
    }

Ya.....just two lines of code and done 

Don't you still want to hide the main page tree and redirect them to them to your Form Result Process Module, or did I misunderstand?

Anyway, that is what the module from netcarver, wanze, and kongondo will do - of course you still need to assign the permission to view the page like Jan showed.

Actually,  re-reading your first post now, maybe you didn't want to hide everything else at all - maybe my 3000th post wasn't helpful at all - oh well, can't win them all :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Is this all still valid?

Setting permission in the ProcessModule for the custom admin seems to be the cleanest way to make that admin available to a specific role.

But yes, how do you then hide the main page tree for that role? My custom admin will be an alternative to the main page tree edit interface.

Is AdminRestrictPageTree still the (only) way to achieve that? That module is still alpha, getting kinda old, not explicitly compatible with 3.0

Here is another thread about the same issue; how to hide the tree when there is a custom admin for a specific role. That thread fizzled out in 2015.

If you want to create an admin that looks completely different from the standard admin, is it a better approach to use a custom myadmin template?

• 5 months later...

I can't seem to get this setup working. 

I have added permissions to a Process module which lives under Admin and added the permission to the role 'admin'. But the module page is still not visible in the top navigation.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

• 9 months later...