Pinegrow Web editor

dazzyweb

I don't normally like wysiwyg web editors or any other similar tools out there but I stumbled upon Pinegrow and I have to say wow.

It is useful in so many ways.

Description from Pinegrows:

'a desktop app that lets you build responsive websites faster with live multi-page editing, CSS styling and smart components for Bootstrap, Foundation, AngularJS and other frameworks.'

Check out the video below for a quick introductory look at it:

Just wanted to share this with anyone that thinks this can help their workflow.
  • Like 6

Dazzyweb, thanks for posting this. Are you finding the "build your own component library" features to be as good as the built in support for Bootstrap, Foundation, etc?

I get a lot of mileage out of using developer tools' Inspect tool in the browser along side my editor but Pinegrow makes that seem so primitive.

Dazzyweb, thanks for posting this. Are you finding the "build your own component library" features to be as good as the built in support for Bootstrap, Foundation, etc?

I think it can be very useful. It is also possible to write your own a PG plugin for it. I am currently working on one for my own framework/grid system cutegrids as an experiment.

I have just purchased Pinegrow (a bargain at $49.99) and will delve into it further. I also like what Matjaz(the developer) is trying to do and full respect to anyone that takes on adobe.

It seems that there will be a lot of exciting features coming in the near future including a developer version which I am looking forward to. Other features coming soon such as support for converting static HTML to WP themes might not get the die hard Processwire users very excited but still an interesting prospect.

Thanks for sharing. This looks interesting for putting together prototypes.

Only thing that would keep me from using it is that I got used to a SASS workflow. Pinegrow automatically saves scss files along with css and less version, when you edit.

But how do these scss files look like, just plain css with scss file extension?

Maybe you have tried that already and could report back here. Thank you.

PS: your cutegrid looks appealing. Will definitely have a look...

I am using it on a larger screen. I can imagine that on a small laptop screen there might be some issues with space if page width is set to 100% and both columns are kept visible on each side.

Thinking about it using Pinegrow on a smaller screen might be like driving a hummer down small country roads. Doesn't mean a hummer isn't fun on wide highways though.

Maybe there will be an option in the future to put at least one or both side columns at the bottom of the window.

• 1 month later...

Pinegrow is really powerful, I'm using it till a few months for building basic template structures. 

You can even use it with your editor of choice, every change is updated live (this also can be turned off). 

It's a bit similar to ›Webflow‹, but it's a standalone app and supports standard-frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, …) which is a big plus.

I think Webflow is at its current state an interesting way for designing prototypes in the first place. (if you don't mind working in the cloud)

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

My new module PAGEGRID can be a good alternative to website builders like Pinegrow or Webflow. This way you don't have to convert your design to ProcessWire templates and can design and edit pages directly in the backend.

• Like 1