Module for social network

Frank Vèssia

I’m in the process of rebuilding what I started almost 3 years ago, a social network using PW.

Since 2012 many things are changed in PW core so I decided now to rewrite everything with different approach. Since I have a tight deadline I need help in developing some modules.

Right now I need:

Media uploader module, a front end image/video uploader and editing interface with these features:

- Multiple upload via input file and drag and drop interface

- Support for mobile devices (access to phone/tablet media library)

- Option to store files into PW assets or external disk like Amazon S3

- Resize and watermark on the fly before save the final image

- For Video, send file to encoding.com and manage all the workflow

- General validation, both server and user side (jquery)

Inside the social, a media content (image or video) is a PW page and not a direct file, with a series of specific fields.

Therefore an image is a page with some fields, the most relevants are:

- title

- description

- image, the file field composed of two files, the image and a copy of it, with mosaic effect, for guest users

there are other fields not relevant for the module…

The workflow is like so:

Picture:

- the user uploads one or more pictures

- the interface shows the progress

- the files are temporary uploaded in a secure directory

- a page is created, each per picture, with a temporary name

- the files, resized and watermarked are saved into the respective pages or into amazon s3 bucket (maybe can be a parameter the admin can choose inside the module option)

- temp files are deleted
- photo pages are saved with unpublished status because each photo needs at least a title.

- the user is redirect to the “edit photos” page where he can sees the list of unpublished photos which need at least the title to be published.

- the user can click a thumbnail and go into a page with a simple form, with a photo preview and some fields he can fill, only the title is mandatory for publication.

- the other fields are saved normally into the picture page.

In case files are uploaded into amazon there should be the possibility to access to the files, later inside any templates, with similar pw api and resize functions, (p$age->image->size / $page->image->url) creating the versions into pw assets and leave the original big image into amazon.

Video:

same as the picture with the only difference the video file is not saved into the PW assets directory but into amazon s3 bucket, not optional.

only the thumbnails are saved into the pw assets.

The encoding of the video (save in two different formats, for desktop and mobile, watermark and thumbnails creation) is processed by encoding.com via api and cUrl functions

After files upload the user is redirect into the “edit video” page where he can sees a default thumbnail for each video is in the encoding process with a label (encoding in process).

When the encoding is finished, encoding.com send a callback to a specific url, the module saves the thumbnails into the video page, links the amazon s3 video and the user can

now publish the video adding at least the title into a form similar to the one for the photos.

I also have a licence for http://fineuploader.com/ i think is very good for this and I already used it for the previous version, he supports upload into amazon buckets as well.

I think this is pretty much everything, maybe something can be different and I’m open to suggestion for the workflow of course :)

My budget for this module is 400 eur. If someone is interested please contact me via forum or via email at complementaryart [at] gmail.com

Thanks

• Like 1

We've done (almost exactly) the same thing for a project recently (except for the s3 bucket thing). We've managed to handle different sizing of videos and photos, also. It took us about 2-3 Weeks with 2-3 developers. There was still a lot of libmgeg stuff+ trial and error involved. But Still: I suggest thinking about your budget A LOT would be appreciated as this involves way to much stuff for a "normal" module  :)

// And when i say exactly i mean we even used fineuploader and the confirmation process you described as a whole. This is odd in many ways... somehow :)