• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Vigilante
      In general, is there an easy way to know which method should be used to access the API?
      For example, when _ini.php is used in the theme, it would seem you have to use wire()->addHookBefore(...). But on other sites where they used ready.php, I've seen it go straight to just doing $this->addHookAfter() even though there is no class or namespace set up in the ready.php file.
      So how do I know when I can do $this, or $wire, or wire() to access things? And any other variables I'm not aware of.
      Thanks!
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum,
      This is really a weird one, because front end editing works in a earlier website we did to a customer. 
      When I check the source code for current website it does initiate front end edit: 
      <span id=pw-edit-1 class='pw-edit pw-edit-InputfieldPageTitle' data-name=title data-page=1021 data-lang='1017' style='position:relative'><span class=pw-edit-orig>Tekijät</span><span class=pw-edit-copy id=pw-editor-title-1021 style='display:none;-webkit-user-select:text;user- select:text;' contenteditable>Tekijät</span></span>  But when I double click nothing happens (yes I'm 100% sure I'm superuser and logged in)
      I also tried to apply the front end with other methods than:
      $page->edit('title'); But didn't work either.
      We are using jquery 2.2.4, so it should not be a problem.
      Is this a bug related to current master or something else?
      Someone else having this problem as well?
    • By Hardoman
      Hello community,
      we have a website running version 3.0.118. The owner would like to have a watermark merged to the images, that are being uploaded in the CKEditor as a requirement.
      Image upload besides the CKEditor within galleries and single images works as a charm already. We also use croppable image 3 there. (PIM2)
      To realize this requirement, I thought of using a hook in the admin area. So, I read a lot in our forums and tested this by adding a hook into the ready.php file.
      $this->addHookAfter('InputfieldFile::fileAdded',function(HookEvent$event){ wire('log')->save('test','Image upload works'); ... The log entry is being created correctly. But when I try to use the pim/watermark-function like in a template, he cannot find the watermark-image anymore. Furthermore, when I try to get the page-id, it does not seem to be accessible, because the application does not seem to know how to reference it, or I dont know the right way to do so…
      So my questions are:

Is this the right attempt at all or will there be another, better workaround? It seems, I cannot access the page object (of the content page) within this scope or file but I would need it to save the processed image inside the right files/id folder Would it be better to place the hook into the admin-template? (or admin.php)
        Thanks for any hints in advance. 🙂
    • By martind
      hi,
      is it possible to change field parent_id from InputfieldPageListSelect to InputfieldPageAutocomplet by addHookAfter('ProcessPageEdit::buildFormContent')?
      thanks,
      martin

• By Noel Boss
      👋 PW Pros…
      I have some hooks that I need to bind at the init phase (or even __construct) and I was wondering, and I couldn't find a good and simple way to determine if I'm in the admin. Would be nice if there is a reliable short option to do so, but I can't seem to find one… Is there a coherent way to tell this no matter where I am?
      Right now, I use the following method inside one of my modules:
      public function isAdmin($page = null) { if ( strpos($this->input->url, $this->urls->admin) !== false || $this->process instanceof ProcessPageList || $this->process instanceof ProcessPageEdit || ($page instanceof Page && $page->rootParent->id == $this->config->adminRootPageID) ) { return true; } return false; } @ryan wouldn't it be nice to have something like wire()->isAdmin(); like wire()->user->isLoggedin(); to tell if we are in admin – very early on (probably even in __construct() phase of modules?