hellomoto

$config->userTemplateIDs -- anyone implemented this so far?

I'm working with a PW 2.5.3 install. Here http://processwire.com/blog/posts/processwire-core-updates-2.5.14/ there is a quick tutorial on setting up an alternate user template and parent. I followed it to the T, but it didn't work; when adding a new user, there was no choice of template, and once the user was created the alternate template I had set wasn't even among the select options. Has anyone managed to do this or even just an alternate template successfully? The alt. tpl. is what I rly. need... I just tried it twice over and then erased and undid everything 2x too, so... Then I only

1. unchecked "Don't allow pages to change their template?", 
  2. cloned user template (id=75),
  3. added "$config->userTemplateIDs = array(3, 75);" to config.php
  4. created a new user

No alternate template option still. This should be able to work right? Because I don't see a date for that blog post but do only see comments from 5 days ago, but it says 2.5.13, I'm using 2.5.3.

Features that are released for the 2.5.14 version are not going to work in your 2.5.3 install.

Here http://processwire.c...updates-2.5.14/ there is a quick tutorial on setting up an alternate user template and parent. 

You would need to first update to Development version 2.5.14 to gain access to these features, as they are introduced starting with this version.

Edited by cstevensjr
  • Like 5

Thanks Cstevensjr. & Sorry, Lost. I'm running around like a chicken without a head forgetting all my other threads... I'll be sure to check the ones I got going before posting any new topics from now on.

So 2.5.14... that's a 14, not like .14, huh? So that it's greater than 3? Now I get it.

Thanks a lot guys. I have upgraded to dev :) Now I should have success.

Had my confusions with version numbers before, but it's quite common in software developement. It's releaseversion 2, majorversion 5 and minorversion 14. Does have nothing to do with decimals. 

• Like 1

... Actually... now I can't log even log in, since trying to create a new user (got an error right when I clicked to add one); I get the below error, trying to access the front- or back-end. I exported my site profile just before upgrading though, so I'm not really worried... I have the original/stable wire dir and index.php too but I don't think restoring those will help much.

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to Users::setCurrentUser() must be an instance of User, instance of Page given, called in /wire/core/Session.php on line 76 and defined in /wire/core/Users.php on line 39

Recoverable Fatal Error: Argument 1 passed to Users::setCurrentUser() must be an instance of User, instance of Page given, called in /wire/core/Session.php on line 76 and defined (line 39 of /wire/core/Users.php) 
This error message was shown because site is in debug mode ($config->debug = true; in /site/config.php). Error has been logged. 

Ah, gotcha. Thanks Lost.

Did you undo your changes before updating? Maybe there's something missing in your user template settings, which only the new version would set. 

And now... in a new PW master unzipped dir, I add my site-profile alongside all the others in its root, but it doesn't show up in the Installation Profiles select. Anything I might be able to do to get it to show up..? 

Yeah I undid my changes since they didn't work, I didn't want to just leave bogus settings =\ 

I should probably just hold off on these advanced user configurations. Now I just want my site back.

You can always revert updates of processwire by replacing wire/, index.php and .htaccess with the old ones. If you're using this https://processwire.com/talk/topic/7525-module-processwire-core-upgrade/ than these files should be there already as hidden files. The modules additionally does a optional database backup on updates. 

• Like 1

Thanks Lost. Good to know that that module keeps the originals too (and can back up the db), I don't see any reason not to use it next time. I was probably too fried from having tried doing that same tedious process a few times over already and messed something up... 

I got the site back by the way I feel like I must have mentioned it probably elsewhere, me with my multiple threads on the same topic... I just had to restore a db backup from 6 days prior instead of the site profile I had just created that day. No big deal, it's back up to date now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jploch
      Hey folks,
      Iam working on a module that extends InputfieldPageTable. I use PageTableExtended as a starting point and all went well so far, except I can't access my config values outside of the module file. The config values allways return the defaults, and not the values in the pw field settings. 

Here is the code that sets the defaults inside my inputfield module file:
      public function init() { parent::init(); // defaults $this->set('gridMaxWidth', '1600'); $this->set('gridColumns', '12'); } Here is how I add the config field:
      public function ___getConfigInputfields() { $inputfields = parent::___getConfigInputfields(); $fieldsetGrid = $this->modules->get('InputfieldFieldset'); $fieldsetGrid->label = $this->_('Default Grid Settings'); $f = $this->wire('modules')->get('InputfieldText'); $f->attr('name', 'gridMaxWidth'); $f->attr('value', $this->gridMaxWidth); $f->label = $this->_('Container max width'); $f->description = $this->_('Grid container max width in px'); // page name format description $f->notes = $this->_('default is 1600'); // page name format notes $fieldsetGrid->append($f); $inputfields->append($fieldsetGrid); return $inputfields; } Accessing the values outside my module files like this (this gives me the default: 1600, even if I insert another value in the backend field settings):
      $default = $this->wire('modules')->get('InputfieldPageGrid'); $default->gridMaxWidth; Any Ideas?
    • By VeiJari
      Hello,
      I'm trying to create a page via api and populate values to it. I can populate everything except user pages to a page reference array.
      Code: 
      $dataUsers = $data->project->users; foreach($dataUsers as $dataUser) { $newProject->projectUsers->add(wire()->pages->find('template=user, id=' . $dataUser->id)); } I'm receiving my data via JSON.
      Is there something I'm missing?
      Thanks for help
    • By Chris Bennett
      Hi all, I am going round and round in circles and would greatly appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction.
      I am sure I am doing something dumb, or missing something I should know, but don't. Story of my life 😉

Playing round with a module and my basic problem is I want to upload an image and also use InputfieldMarkup and other Inputfields.
      Going back and forth between trying an api generated page defining Fieldgroup, Template, Fields, Page and the InputfieldWrapper method.

InputfieldWrapper method works great for all the markup stuff, but I just can't wrap my head around what I need to do to save the image to the database.
      Can generate a Field for it (thanks to the api investigations) but not sure what I need to do to link the Inputfield to that. Tried a lot of stuff from various threads, of varying dates without luck.
      Undoubtedly not helped by me not knowing enough.

Defining Fieldgroup etc through the api seems nice and clean and works great for the images but I can't wrap my head around how/if I can add/append/hook the InputfieldWrapper/InputfieldMarkup stuff I'd like to include on that template as well. Not even sure if it should be where it is on ___install with the Fieldtype stuff or later on . Not getting Tracy errors, just nothing seems to happen.
      If anyone has any ideas or can point me in the right direction, that would be great because at the moment I am stumbling round in the dark.

public function ___install() { parent::___install(); $page = $this->pages->get('name='.self::PAGE_NAME); if (!$page->id) { // Create fieldgroup, template, fields and page // Create new fieldgroup $fmFieldgroup = new Fieldgroup(); $fmFieldgroup->name = MODULE_NAME.'-fieldgroup'; $fmFieldgroup->add($this->fields->get('title')); // needed title field $fmFieldgroup->save(); // Create new template using the fieldgroup $fmTemplate = new Template(); $fmTemplate->name = MODULE_NAME; $fmTemplate->fieldgroup = $fmFieldgroup; $fmTemplate->noSettings = 1; $fmTemplate->noChildren = 1; $fmTemplate->allowNewPages = 0; $fmTemplate->tabContent = MODULE_NAME; $fmTemplate->noChangeTemplate = 1; $fmTemplate->setIcon(ICON); $fmTemplate->save(); // Favicon source $fmField = new Field(); $fmField->type = $this->modules->get("FieldtypeImage"); $fmField->name = 'fmFavicon'; $fmField->label = 'Favicon'; $fmField->focusMode = 'off'; $fmField->gridMode = 'grid'; $fmField->extensions = 'svg png'; $fmField->columnWidth = 50; $fmField->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $fmField->setIcon(ICON); $fmField->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $fmField->save(); $fmFieldgroup->add($fmField); // Favicon Silhouette source $fmField = new Field(); $fmField->type = $this->modules->get("FieldtypeImage"); $fmField->name = 'fmFaviconSilhouette'; $fmField->label = 'SVG Silhouette'; $fmField->notes = 'When creating a silhouette/mask svg version for Safari Pinned Tabs and Windows Tiles, we recommend setting your viewbox for 0 0 16 16, as this is what Apple requires. In many cases, the easiest way to do this in something like illustrator is a sacrificial rectangle with no fill, and no stroke at 16 x 16. This forces the desired viewbox and can then be discarded easily using something as simple as notepad. Easy is good, especially when you get the result you want without a lot of hassle.'; $fmField->focusMode = 'off'; $fmField->extensions = 'svg'; $fmField->columnWidth = 50; $fmField->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $fmField->setIcon(ICON); $fmField->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $fmField->save(); $fmFieldgroup->add($fmField); // Create: Open Settings Tab $tabOpener = new Field(); $tabOpener->type = new FieldtypeFieldsetTabOpen(); $tabOpener->name = 'fmTab1'; $tabOpener->label = "Favicon Settings"; $tabOpener->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $tabOpener->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $tabOpener->save(); // Create: Close Settings Tab $tabCloser = new Field(); $tabCloser->type = new FieldtypeFieldsetClose; $tabCloser->name = 'fmTab1' . FieldtypeFieldsetTabOpen::fieldsetCloseIdentifier; $tabCloser->label = "Close open tab"; $tabCloser->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $tabCloser->save(); // Create: Opens wrapper for Favicon Folder Name $filesOpener = new Field(); $filesOpener->type = new FieldtypeFieldsetOpen(); $filesOpener->name = 'fmOpenFolderName'; $filesOpener->label = 'Wrap Folder Name'; $filesOpener->class = 'inline'; $filesOpener->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $filesOpener->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $filesOpener->save(); // Create: Close wrapper for Favicon Folder Name $filesCloser = new Field(); $filesCloser->type = new FieldtypeFieldsetClose(); $filesCloser->name = 'fmOpenFolderName' . FieldtypeFieldsetOpen::fieldsetCloseIdentifier; $filesCloser->label = "Close open fieldset"; $filesCloser->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $filesCloser->save(); // Create Favicon Folder Name $fmField = new Field(); $fmField->type = $this->modules->get("FieldtypeText"); $fmField->name = 'folderName'; $fmField->label = 'Favicon Folder:'; $fmField->description = $this->config->urls->files; $fmField->placeholder = 'Destination Folder for your generated favicons, webmanifest and browserconfig'; $fmField->columnWidth = 100; $fmField->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $fmField->setIcon('folder'); $fmField->addTag(MODULE_NAME); $fmField->save(); $fmFieldgroup->add($tabOpener); $fmFieldgroup->add($filesOpener); $fmFieldgroup->add($fmField); $fmFieldgroup->add($filesCloser); $fmFieldgroup->add($tabCloser); $fmFieldgroup->save(); /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // Experimental Markup Tests $wrapperFaviconMagic = new InputfieldWrapper(); $wrapperFaviconMagic->attr('id','faviconMagicWrapper'); $wrapperFaviconMagic->attr('title',$this->_('Favicon Magic')); // field show info what $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldMarkup'); $field->name = 'use'; $field->label = __('How do I use it?'); $field->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedNever; $field->icon('info'); $field->attr('value', 'Does this even begin to vaguely work?'); $field->columnWidth = 50; $wrapperFaviconMagic->add($field); $fmTemplate->fields->add($wrapperFaviconMagic); $fmTemplate->fields->save(); ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // Create page $page = $this->wire( new Page() ); $page->template = MODULE_NAME; $page->parent = $this->wire('pages')->get('/'); $page->addStatus(Page::statusHidden); $page->title = 'Favicons'; $page->name = self::PAGE_NAME; $page->process = $this; $page->save(); } }  
    • By neonwired
      I'm hoping someone has seen this before. There doesn't appear to be an issue with the user info.

• By benbyf
      Hello, and welcome to what I though was either my client being silly and changing things, or some evil doer. Turns out its reproducible and therefore something in Proceswire (I checked my templates and modules but couldnt find anything that would be doing this...). So what is it doing? Check out the video for evidence.
      A repeater field is interacting with a page template and another repeater field somehow to swap the fields in the template and repeater over...
      I have a template called team, and a repeater field called team_repeater with label Team. Some how and for some reason, when I change my fields on repeater called main_menu_links my team template gets those fields and when I try and revert the team template fields to the fields it should have, they get given to the repeater main_menu_links. Also this to say HELP!!!!!
      video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/exkdhc6n7x0xpsa/strange-repeater-PW-mega-bug.mov?dl=0