Users -- visibility (need public) & hierarchy?

hellomoto

I have a page /team/ with url segments [1] enabled, that must equal the name of a user with a 'broker' role. On /team/ a list of all users with the 'broker' role is rendered. It does not appear if I am not logged in though. How can I enable this info to appear universally? I mean for public visitors to be able to view it as well... 

Then this http://processwire.com/blog/posts/processwire-core-updates-2.5.14/ has got me curious about user hierarchy, as my site will require entirely different types of users that might as well have different input fields per type, hence different templates... Are they still accessible via the $user variable if an alternative template is used? or a different parent?

Thanks.

Of course! I have to use include=all for other things already (like field options for public pages, which themselves are hidden)... man. Thank you.

Okay, so that I did and it works as expected. However, since posting this thread I did go ahead and try the alternate user template/parent example given in that blog post I linked, and followed every step... but it didn't work. I try, try again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By prestoav
      Hi all,
      I've noticed that, when creating new users for clients, the chosen admin theme is not saved. For example, I create a new user select Reno or UIKit as the theme at point of creation and save. When logging in that user for the first time the admin theme is back to default. Changing it again and saving corrects this.

Anyone else noticed this or is it a known bug at the moment?

CMS V 3.0.156.

Thanks!
    • By Greg Lumley
      Hi! I've just discovered Processwire and I'm absolutely loving how clean it is. Especially with the full control over what it outputs. 
      Excuse me if this is a really stupid question.
      What happens if a user wants to insert multiple images into the blog field? In other words Shift+Click all the images attached to a specific page in and insert. It seems I can insert one at a time but not multiple.

Based on the above, I want to rebuild my website. I'm a photographer (ex php dev 2004) and plan also to target websites at other photographers. So inserting multiple images into blog posts is a key part. I'd like to output that to something like UIkit or some kind of Masonry Gallery script. Any thoughts would be fantastic please. 
      Thank you.
      Greg. 
      I'm an ex PHP developer now photographer, now thanks to Corona and not photo work, a rusty PHP developer 😁
    • By Matze
      Hi,
      is there a way to activate the option Input > Visibility > Presentation > "Open when populated + Closed when blank" for a Fieldset (Page) containing some fields like text or textarea?
      To me it is always open, even if all fields inside are empty.
      Thx, Matze
    • By DV-JF
      Hi, 
      I'm using this kind of setup (https://processwire.com/blog/posts/language-access-control-and-more-special-permissions/#language-page-edit-permissions) in order to control the page edit permissions. Now I'm wondering if it's possible to hide the "none-ediable" language-tabs instead of striking them through.

Many greets...

• By AndZyk
      Hello,
      this maybe a simple question, but it bothers me for a while now:
      There used to be a warning, if two or more user try to edit the same page. But ever since AdminThemeUIkit I haven't seen it any more.
      Is this a bug or are there special circumstances under which the warning will be displayed?
      If I am logged-in in the same browser with one default and one privat window, I don't see this warning. But also different browsers on different machines in the same network don't see this warning.
      I was looking for the blog post on which this feature was announced, but couldn't find it anymore.
      We had the case, that two people were writing a text for the same page, but after person A saved the page first, the text of the person B was lost. I know we could have used ProDrafts for this case, but it shouldn't happen in the first place.
      I would appreciate some feedback. 😀
      Regards, Andreas