Private Pub Forum

Peter Knight

Any thoughts on having a private general discussion area on the forums for members that meet certain conditions?

For example, members with 200+ posts etc? It could be called Private Pub or something. It's not so much for PW questions but general industry chat which you don't want public on the forums.

Use case: I had a general client/freelancer question today which I didn't want to be public.

That type of thing...

• Like 5

That is an interesting thought since there have been times when I have wanted to discuss something client related as well that I didn't want to display publicly. As well I have noticed Processwire posts seem to get ranked on google pretty quickly these days(within minutes sometimes).

Maybe 200+ post might be a is a bit excessive before being able to join such a private forum but on the plus side it might give others more incentive to get more involved in the forum before being entered into the Private Pub elite.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I like this idea. I usually make time to call or meet with with my local competitors colleagues and it's nice to chat about work-related stuff. Occasionally one of them will be kind enough to say, "that particular client is kind of not great so be careful" and save me a ton of grief.

I'd be willing to pay for something like this, because having to make it to 200 posts would be a lot of

[looks at own post count]

uh...so, when did this happen.

• Like 2