One site to rule them all

vxda

Hi guys. Im planing to make couple of sites with simillar content and i wonder if it is possible to have one master site that will send articles with images to other sites i choose and then on thoes sites it will automaticly create page and fill all fields.

MASTER SITE

|

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

|                            |                             |                                 |

OTHER SITE        OTHER SITE 2      OTHER SITE 3           OTHER SITE 4

Anyone was doing something simillar? any ideas how this can be done?

Thanks

Paweł.

Have you read this article on Multi-Site development with PW (I haven’t)? I also imagine you might want to check out bootstrapping. For example, you could hook into page save in your master site and then call the other ProcessWire installations and update stuff there. Or do it the other way around and have your “sub-sites” fetch content from the master site.

• Like 1

Without knowing the full requirements, it seems like you could use the Service Pages module to pull in the information on the other sites.

Do you need to actually store the data on the sub-sites, or could you just pull it in from the master and display it?

I want to store data on thoes pages.

Have you read this article on Multi-Site development with PW (I haven’t)? I also imagine you might want to check out bootstrapping. For example, you could hook into page save in your master site and then call the other ProcessWire installations and update stuff there. Or do it the other way around and have your “sub-sites” fetch content from the master site.

Yes i think thats what im looking for:

For example, you could hook into page save in your master site and then call the other ProcessWire installations and update stuff there. Or do it the other way around and have your “sub-sites” fetch content from the master site.

Thanks i will read into that.

I read this article :https://processwire.com/api/modules/multi-site-support/

and i think 1st option is good since you have seperate folders and admin page. I just wonder if theres a way to push pages to another site.

ie. Im on the master site.

If (checkbox on the page is checked ) {

on page save -> create page on the sub-page and populate all fields/images with given template and in given parent.

}

is this possible? or should i just use option 2 of multisite?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys im still thinking about this topic and i have an idea of how i want to do this, question is ... is it possible and if is whats the best way to achieve it.

Site structure:
MAIN SITE

ARTICLES

article-1

article-2

article-3

PAGE PARENT FOR SLAVE PAGE 1

cloned-article-1

cloned-article-2

PAGE PARENT FOR SLAVE PAGE 2

cloned-article-3

When im adding article to my article parent there are checkboxes (pageField):
- clone to PAGE PARENT FOR SLAVE PAGE 1
- clone to PAGE PARENT FOR SLAVE PAGE 2

On save, the article is saved to parent pages i choose with those checkboxes.
On SLAVE SITE 1 there is a cron job every day that will grab articles from MASTER SITE -> PAGE PARENT FOR SLAVE PAGE 1 and create thoes pages on SLAVE SITE (title, body, images);
and same goes for SLAVE SITE 2

Now how can i achieve this? rss feed? some jsonp?

Is there a way to grab pages from different site and create them in other?