Sign in to follow this  
hellomoto

Populating field defaults... can only update value, not input?

public function init() {

// add a hook after each page is saved
		$this->pages->addHookAfter('saved', $this, 'populateDefaults');

}

/**
	 * Populates model defaults after save for corresponding blank fields.
	 */
	public function populateDefaults($event) {

$page = $event->arguments('page'); 
		if($page->template != 'vessel') return;

//$this->message("hi {$page->model->hulls}");

if($page->model && !$page->hulls && $page->model->hulls) {
			$page->set("hulls", $page->model->hulls);
			$this->message("hi $page->hulls {$page->model->hulls}");
		}

}

This sort of works; the message echoed is "hi 1082 1082". When I set the hulls to null in the above code, it then goes back to "hi 1082". However, it doesn't update the select input in the edit screen, and the "Missing required value" error for that field remains... Also the message shouldn't even be showing if $page->hulls is set... How can I get it to update the field value and the input?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ngrmm
      My clients wants a modal to show up on every page. But when a user clicks inside the modal -> a session-cookie is set and the modal gets a class.
      // user clicks on modal button $('.modal_button').click(function(){ // 1. set PW session cookie // 2. toggle class $('.modal').toggleClass('off'); }); I know how to set a cookie on page-load via PW-API. But the click on the modal button does not force a page-load. So i have to set the cookie through javascript. Is there a way to do that?
    • By VeiJari
      Hello,
      I'm trying to create a page via api and populate values to it. I can populate everything except user pages to a page reference array.
      Code: 
      $dataUsers = $data->project->users; foreach($dataUsers as $dataUser) { $newProject->projectUsers->add(wire()->pages->find('template=user, id=' . $dataUser->id)); } I'm receiving my data via JSON.
      Is there something I'm missing?
      Thanks for help
    • By picarica
      so i am trying to put CustomHooksForVariations.module, a custom module, i am placing it into site/modules direcotry yet my modules page in admin panel gives me errors
      so this is the screen show when i refresh modules, i dont know why the shole hook is written on top of the page :||

and this next image is when i try to install it, i saw that it is not defiuned modules.php but it shouldnt need to be ?, any ways i dont want to edit site's core just to make one moulde work there has to be a way

• By VeiJari
      Hi, this is the first we are trying to make a page that has only one type of user that has access to every page. 
      The other users should only have a given access to specific pages, not to the whole template.
      My structure
      -Field -Organisation -Project -Report I want that the "measurer" role only has access to "project x" and it's children, but no view access to every project, organisation or field. I've tried to do this with https://modules.processwire.com/modules/page-edit-per-user/ but it still needs a view access to the whole tree to see the "project x" page. Or is there something I haven't figured out?
      Maybe I have to make it via the API: a select field in the "organisation" template where the admins could add the users and then I use hook to update the privileges?
      Have you done something like this and how did you accomplish it?
      Any help would be appreciated.

• By louisstephens
      So I ran into a very strange issue today. I have a template with a pagetable and I went to add an item to it, when I went to select an image (for an image field) the page instantly threw up an error
      "ProcessPageSearchLive: No search specified"
      The page's content also switched to the image attached. This all worked perfectly last week (local mamp box). Has anyone experienced this before, and how did you solve it?