2 hours ago, coxharrison said:

Since the launch I've been monitoring 404s in Google Analytics and we appear to getting quite a few (around 40 per week). What's odd is that the affected URLs all have jumplinks in places, and when I test them the redirects work perfectly fine. 

I can't see why Analytics would be picking these up but I'm quite concerned- if anyone as any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

This is very much a shot in the dark, but you don't happen to have anything in place that would skip PHP entirely? Jumplinks relies on a hook to the 404 request, so some sort of caching could be causing this.

Additionally I'd make sure that these requests actually land on the correct site. If you have the old site running somewhere, it could be a result of cached DNS entries or something along those lines.

Thanks for your reply Teppo. I passed this on to the project developer, and he has checked/ruled out what you suggested.  Please let me know if you have any other ideas?  We also enabled the Jumplinks 404 monitor and found that it isn't picking up the 404s that Analytics is recording... I can't think why there would be an inconsistency here.

Aside: Is it me, or is this text editor broken? I've been battling to navigate using the arrow keys, it's double posting as adding replies on a the second last page doesn't take me to the last page, and deleting mentions and emojis is not working properly. Tested on FF and Chrome on Mac... Weird.

@coxharrison - Not entirely sure what's going on here. Would have thought it to be a caching issue as well… Second guess is a header problem (incorrect status code for some reason), but that doesn't make sense as the module hooks into the 404 event and throws a 301/302 if a jump is needed. Given that it's been half a month since your last post, is this still happening?

Thanks @Mike Rockett, looks great so far – will test properly later 🙂

The editor has indeed been having some issues lately. Pete has been digging into this, and we're keeping an eye out in case an update is released that would take care of this.

Thank you so much for the module. 

i'm just trying to get it to work and wonder if i missed something. i want to redirect pages from an existing installation (windows server, jumplinks 1.5.53) that have been moved in the tree.

example:

old url:
/en/product/teabag/

new url:
/en/brand/teabag/

(for the new url I chose the page id)

if i now create these jumplinks, i always end up on the home page. isn't that possible?
sorry, if the question has already been answered, i didn't find anything on the fast one.

thx

@entschleunigung To make sure that jumplinks is working, go into the module settings and turn on debug mode. When you hit the old URL, you should see a log from the module, showing what it's doing. Feel free to post that log here so we can take a look :)

On 8/2/2019 at 6:31 PM, Mike Rockett said:

To make sure that jumplinks is working, go into the module settings and turn on debug mode. When you hit the old URL, you should see a log from the module, showing what it's doing. Feel free to post that log here so we can take a look 🙂

thank you very much for your reply. 
I don't think it was apparent from my previous post. in the meantime i read that this version does not supports a multilanguage setup. is that still correct?

thx 

Hi @Mike Rockett

We are using this module on few client sites and it works great. There is one issue though: varchar 255 is too small for referrer field, we do get occasional: 

SQLSTATE[22001]: String data, right truncated: 1406 Data too long for column 'referrer' at row 1 (in /site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/ProcessJumplinks/ProcessJumplinks.module.php line 532

Any hope to get this fixed? (we will most probably update local databases to text).

Thanks @apeisa

I'll need to add in a schema update to change the column to text.

Really wish I could find the time to continue work on v2 – the minute I find a gap, something comes up. :|

I've pushed up to the master branch but won't release until I have an opportunity to test later this afternoon (SAST). :)

• Like 1

Thanks Mike!

unfortunately we jut found another issue like this:

Data too long for column 'request_uri' at row 1

So there is similar issue at least with request_uri also (not sure about other fields). Any possibility to get this fixed as well?

15 hours ago, apeisa said:

Thanks Mike!

unfortunately we jut found another issue like this:

Data too long for column 'request_uri' at row 1

So there is similar issue at least with request_uri also (not sure about other fields). Any possibility to get this fixed as well?

One more: I'm also seeing this error for the 'user_agent' column.

@teppo - in regards to Jumplinks 2 and composer support: the module utilises several composer packages, which at present are kept in the vendor directory of the module, part of source control. Just to be 100% sure, if I were to drop this from source control, this would force users to install via composer? If so, I'd need to leave it in there, unless you know of another way 🙂

@all - I'm putting some time aside today to continue working on Jumplinks 2 – specifically frontend stuff. I'm cool with sticking to the usage of jQuery for the time being, though I imagine at some point I would move over to something like Svelte. No point in doing it now though, as pretty much all of the functionality I need (excluding bulk actions) has already been implemented.

On the topic of dependencies, I'm feeling inclined to push the minimum PHP version to the one that still has active security support, which at this point is PHP 7.1. In my experience, it's always been best to only support maintained versions of PHP. This also allows me to bump illuminate/database from 5.4 to 5.8 (I imagine there are a bunch of fixes). I don't know what the implications of this are in terms of the various hosting providers people use, but I'd be quite shocked if providers were only supporting unmaintained versions of PHP.

4 minutes ago, Mike Rockett said:

this would force users to install via composer

Ooooh... That wouldn't work on about 99% of my client's hosting plans and even my hosting plans are limited in this point.

@wbmnfktr - Hence why I'm needing some more info – not sure if any additional composer support has been added. Would be great if I could trigger an install during module install from the UI. 🙂

Sure... but my composer knowledge is quite limited. All I know is how to install something with it. 😉 
I guess @teppo has more knowledge here and maybe there is a solution or something. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BitPoet
      As threatened in Ryan's announcement for 3.0.139, I built a little module for sliding toggles as a replacement for checkboxes. Styling of the input is CSS3 only (with all the usual caveats about older browsers), no JS necessary, and may still be a bit "rough around the edges", so to speak, since I didn't have much time for testing on different devices or brushing things up enough so I'd feel comfortable pushing it to the module directory. But here's the link to the GitHub repo for now:
      InputfieldSlideToggle
      Fieldtype and Inputfield that implements smartphone-style toggles as replacement for checkbox inputs. The visualization is CSS-only, no additional JS necessary.
      Status
      Still very alpha, use with caution!
      Features / Field Settings
      Size
      You can render the toggles in four different sizes: small, medium, large and extra large.
      Off Color
      Currently, "unchecked" toggles can be displayed either in grey (default) or red.
      On Color
      "Checked" toggles can be rendered in one of these colors: blue (default), black, green, grey, orange or red.
      Screenshots

Some examples with checkbox label

View all Size and Color Combinations
      Small toggles Medium toggles Big toggles Extra big toggles  

• By Orkun
      Hi Guys
      I needed to add extended functionalities for the InputfieldDatetime Module (module is from processwire version 2.7.3) because of a Request of Customer.
      So I duplicated the module and placed it under /site/modules/.
      I have added 3 new Settings to the InputfieldDatetime Module.
      1. Day Restriction - Restrict different days based on weekdays selection (e.g. saturday, sunday) - WORKING

2. Time Slots - Define Time slots based on custom Integer Value (max is 60 for 1 hour) - WORKING

3. Time Range Rules per Weekday - Define a minTime and MaxTime per Weekday (e.g. Opening Hours of a Restaurant) - NOT WORKING PROPERLY

The Problem
      Time Slots and Day Restriction working fine so far. But the Time Range Rules per Weekday doesn't work right.
      What should happen is, that when you click on a date, it should update the minTime and maxTime of the Time Select.
      But the change on the select only happens if you select a date 2 times or when you select a date 1 time and then close the datepicker and reopen it again.
      The time select doesn't get change when you select a date 1 time and don't close the picker.
      Here is the whole extended InputfieldDatetime Module.
      The Files that I have changed:
      InputfieldDatetime.module InputfieldDatetime.js jquery-ui-timepicker-addon.js (https://trentrichardson.com/examples/timepicker/) - updated it to the newest version, because minTime and maxTime Option was only available in the new version  
      Thats the Part of the JS that is not working correctly:
      if(datetimerules && datetimerules.length){ options.onSelect = function(date, inst) { var day = $(this).datetimepicker("getDate").getDay(); day = day.toString(); var mintime = $(this).attr('data-weekday'+day+'-mintime'); var maxtime = $(this).attr('data-weekday'+day+'-maxtime'); console.log("weekday: "+day); console.log("minTime: "+mintime); console.log("maxTime: "+maxtime); var optionsAll = $(this).datetimepicker( "option", "all" ); optionsAll.minTime = mintime; optionsAll.maxTime = maxtime; $(this).datetimepicker('destroy'); $(this).datetimepicker(optionsAll); $(this).datetimepicker('refresh'); //$.datepicker._selectDate($(this).attr("id"),date); //$.datepicker._base_getDateDatepicker(); // var inst = $.datepicker._getInst($(this)); // $.datepicker._updateDatepicker(inst); /*$(this).datetimepicker('destroy'); InputfieldDatetimeDatepicker($(this), mintime, maxtime); $(this).datetimepicker('refresh'); */ // $(this).datetimepicker('option', {minTime: mintime, maxTime: maxtime}); } } Can you have a look and find out what the Problem is?
      InputfieldDatetime.zip

Kind Regards
      Orkun
    • By teppo
      This module tracks changes, additions, removals etc. of public (as in "not under admin") pages of your site. Like it's name says, it doesn't attempt to be a version control system or anything like that - just a log of what's happened.
      At the moment it's still a work in progress and will most likely be a victim of many ruthless this-won't-work-let's-try-that-instead cycles, but I believe I've nailed basic functionality well enough to post it here.. so, once again, I'll be happy to hear any comments you folks can provide
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-changelog/
      https://github.com/teppokoivula/ProcessChangelog
      How does it work?
      Exactly like it's (sort of) predecessor, Process Changelog actually consists of two modules: Process Changelog and Process Changelog Hooks. Hooks module exists only to serve main module by hooking into various functions within Pages class, collecting data of performed operations, refining it and keeping up a log of events in it's own custom database table (process_changelog.) Visible part is managed by Process Changelog, which provides users a (relatively) pretty view of the contents of said log table.
      How do you use it?
      When installed this module adds new page called Changelog under Admin > Setup which provides you with a table view of collected data and basic filtering tools See attached screenshots to get a general idea about what that page should look like after a while.
      For detailed installation instructions etc. see README.md.

• By Gadgetto
      Status update links (inside this thread) for SnipWire development will be always posted here:
      2019-08-08
      2019-06-15
      2019-06-02
      2019-05-25
      If you are interested, you can test the current state of development:
      https://github.com/gadgetto/SnipWire
      Please note that the software is not yet intended for use in a production system (alpha version).
      If you like, you can also submit feature requests and suggestions for improvement. I also accept pull requests.
      ---- INITIAL POST FROM 2019-05-25 ----
      I wanted to let you know that I am currently working on a new ProcessWire module that fully integrates the Snipcart Shopping Cart System into ProcessWire. (this is a customer project, so I had to postpone the development of my other module GroupMailer).
      The new module SnipWire offers full integration of the Snipcart Shopping Cart System into ProcessWire.
      Here are some highlights:
      simple setup with (optional) pre-installed templates, product fields, sample products (quasi a complete shop system to get started immediately) store dashboard with all data from the snipcart system (no change to the snipcart dashboard itself required) Integrated REST API for controlling and querying snipcart data webhooks to trigger events from Snipcart (new order, new customer, etc.) multi currency support self-defined/configurable tax rates etc. Development is already well advanced and I plan to release the module in the next 2-3 months.
      I'm not sure yet if this will be a "Pro" module or if it will be made available for free.
      I would be grateful for suggestions and hints!
      (please have a look at the screenshots to get an idea what I'm talking about)

• By apeisa
      Update 31.7.2019: AdminBar is now maintained by @teppo. Modules directory entry has been updated, as well as the "grab the code" link below.
      Latest screencast: http://www.screencas...73-ab3ba1fea30c
      Grab the code: https://github.com/teppokoivula/AdminBar
      I put this Adminbar thingy (from here: http://processwire.c...topic,50.0.html) to modules section and to it's own topic.
      I recorded quick and messy screencast (really, my first screencast ever) to show what I have made so far. You can see it from here: http://www.screencas...18-1bc0d49841b4
      When the modal goes off, I click on the "dark side". I make it so fast on screencast, so it might seem a little bit confusing. Current way is, that you can edit, go back to see the site (without saving anything), continue editing and save. After that you still have the edit window, but if you click "dark side" after saving, then the whole page will be reloaded and you see new edits live.
      I am not sure if that is best way: there are some strengths in this thinking, but it is probably better that after saving there shouldn't be a possibility to continue editing. It might confuse because then if you make edits, click on dark side -> *page refresh* -> You lose your edits.
      When I get my "starting module" from Ryan, I will turn this into real module. Now I had to make some little tweaks to ProcessPageEdit.module (to keep modal after form submits). These probably won't hurt anything:
      if($this->redirectUrl) $this->session->redirect($this->redirectUrl); if(!empty($_GET['modal'])) $this->session->redirect("./?id={$this->page->id}&modal=true"); // NEW LINE else $this->session->redirect("./?id={$this->page->id}");   and...
      if(!empty($_GET['modal'])) { $form->attr('action', './?id=' . $this->id . '&modal=true'); } else { $form->attr('action', './?id=' . $this->id); // OLD LINE }